2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Cheryl and I am Christy's cousin. I will be "tagging" along with her on this trip. I'm beyond excited!!!! :banana: Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Cheryl and I am Christy's cousin. I will be "tagging" along with her on this trip. I'm beyond excited!!!! :banana: Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Yay! Cheryl made it to the thread! :yay:

Cherylbug said:

Welcome Cheryl! Backstage Magic is an incredible trip!

Jason

While it seems that this party has already started....let's make it official!

Please welcome Cheryl to our Adventure (officially:thumbsup2)

WOOHOO!

Another official decree!!!!!

Let's welcome Angie to our Adventure!!!

I don't know Angie's board name...but I'm sure I will soon.

Woohoo!!!

Woohoo!!!

Thanks, Kevin. :goodvibes My name is Angie, and after four years of rather obsessively reading the boards, I'm finally "de-lurking." I'm excited to be joining you all on this trip. While I've visited DisneyWorld six times in the last four years, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten years old. I'm looking forward to a fun year of planning and of getting to know everyone!

Thanks, Kevin. :goodvibes My name is Angie, and after four years of rather obsessively reading the boards, I'm finally "de-lurking." I'm excited to be joining you all on this trip. While I've visited DisneyWorld six times in the last four years, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten years old. I'm looking forward to a fun year of planning and of getting to know everyone!

I think it's awesome that your first post was here!!!!

I have added your board name to the list.

No, you are really official:cool1:

While it seems that this party has already started....let's make it official!

Please welcome Cheryl to our Adventure (officially:thumbsup2)

WOOHOO!

Woohoo!!!

Welcome (officially)! While I know Cheryl quite well (all good things ;)), I look forward to getting to know you over the next year, Angie!

Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!

Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".

Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.

Welcome to the new additions!!!

I am going to Hawaii this fall and I really think I'm more excited about this trip. How awesome it is going to be to build friendships that lead to a group vacation in the original park!

Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun! My plans for the fall mainly revolve around teaching middle school students about fractions, so I'm just a little bit jealous.

Hey Angie! Just wanted to say I love your BRILLIANT Gonzo quote in your signature. I have some "old friends" I've never "met" on the boards already, and look forward to meeting some more on this trip! (Seems like there's quite a few lurkers on the trip list as I see a lot of low post counts...and a few high ones.)

Also - glad to see a few others signing up that haven't done the trip before...I was hoping we wouldn't be the only newbs amongst a bunch of "repeat offenders".

Thanks! I'm a firm believer that there's much wisdom to be found in the words of the muppets.

We do seem to have a lot of ABD veterans on this trip; I'm hoping that those of us who are new to this will benefit from their experience. I find it encouraging that so many people seem to want to do this trip more than once; it tells me that they had a good experience the first time around.

ymxbfalcon said:
Thanks for all of the "welcomes" from everyone. Between appearing on the "official" list on this thread and the deposit amount showing up on my online credit card statement, this trip is starting to feel a lot more real.

Yep... the credit statement was a very real moment lol... but I think this is going to be a very well spent tax return and bonus check :) lol

Ugh...I just realized that this trip will be during the Stanley Cup Finals. This is probably not on the radar of anyone else on this trip...but I am a big hockey fan and particularly a HUGE Buffalo Sabres fan (and season ticket holder). I swore many years ago I would never travel early June - the Sabres last went to the Stanley Cup Finals on during my wedding & honeymoon. Of course we did get to watch the Stanley Cup in the afternoon from a beach bar on Maui.

If the Sabres are not playing for the cup, I won't really care about missing it. It's not that they are likely to be in the finals next year, but if they DID make it to the SCF, I will be freaking out on this trip. Not enough of an issue to make me cancel since the odds are so low, but thought I would mention it now just in case I end up turning into this crazy guy listening to headphones and muttering to himself in a corner with occasional bursts of cursing for 3 hours every other day. ;)

TTFN!
SkierPete

Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter