2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Hi everyone!

I'm Toni (Disneykiwi) and my sister is Christine. I am extremely excited about this trip and Chris hasnt had alot of time to be excited as I only told her I booked it for us today - I believe she is still in shock!!!

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.

I am confined to a wheelchair but have never let this stop me doing most things when travelling - obviously there are a few rides that I have never been able to go on - but thats never worried me as I am a shopaholic so while others do rides - I do the shops and am very good at it!!

I am quite able to push myself around manually but Christine is coming along to be my helper as even though I am fast - she is faster when pushing and we will do our very best to keep up and if we cant will tell you all to go on.

Sorry - probably far too much information than you wanted - some say that is my real disability - I talk too much!!!

Anyway - I am really looking forward to meeting you all and chatting over the next 11mths or so.

Melanie - your trip report was fantastic and really sold me on the trip and of course having such great info from Kevin re access etc. My sister is currently reading your report Melanie and is loving it.

Cheers all.

Welcome Toni! I know Disney has a reputation for doing a great job of being wheelchair accessable, and the guides bend over backwards to make sure everyone has a great experience. I look forward to getting to know you and Chris as well!

Pete

P.S. Hope your planning on coming in a few days early to get used to the time change. I would think that would be the roughest part of doing an ABD trip coming from so far!

Welcome to Toni and Christine!

:welcome:

We are coming over from New Zealand and have been to Disneyland a number of times and we went on what I thought then was my dream trip to WDW in 2010. This was a fantastic trip but after hearing about this tour - it is taken over as my dream trip.
Cheers all.

It's amazing how many "dream trips" you can have when it comes to Disney, isn't it? I personally took my "once in a lifetime" trip to DisneyWorld in December of 2008; I was just excited to be staying on property for the first time. I've been back there five times since then and even managed to sneak in a Disney cruise. I've reached the conclusion that Disney is addictive.

I look forward to getting to know you and your sister! :goodvibes

Angie

Wow, I blinked and about 4 more people joined the group.

Welcome everyone! :banana:

Glad you liked the trip report Toni! I am so excited for the changes to the trip. I never dreamed we'd do it again but there is so much new stuff at Disneyland & the chance to travel with Pete, Walter, John & Kevin & other great Diser's sold me.

Please help me welcome Adam and Kat to our Adventure!

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!

Some of you will will remember Adam and Kat from our meeting and dinner in Venice.

Others might remember that on the podcast, we talked of Adam's proposal to Kat while in Venice!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!

DisneyKevin said:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Adam and Kat! We met very briefly in Venice. I look forward to getting to know you better over the next year and getting to spend more time with you next June!

Welcome Adam and Kat! Looking forward to seeing you again next June!

Jason

Welcome Adam and Kat! :)

What a great welcome, thanks everyone :goodvibes

We're thrilled to be welcomed aboard the good ship Dis!

SO excited about this trip - especially looking forward to getting to know everyone and catching up with all we met (briefly!) in Venice.

Now that we're official, I'm off to find a timer to countdown the number of days until our adventure begins! surely there's an app for that...

Adam

Welcome aboard!

I thought that was an awesome story. I got verklempt. :blush:
Another welcome from me for Adam and Kat. :thumbsup2

Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.

Hey, I haven't heard Adam and Kat's story - but proposals can't help but be great stories - so I imagine doing it in Venice would be pretty awesome. Welcome to the group!

In more selfish news - I was surprised and excited to get a promotion at work this week! More money and also puts me into a bonus program structure. I only mention this because I was kind of worried how I was going to pay for this trip...but now I'm not! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Only a day after I got stuck working the whole day on 4th of July, so that helped soothed that as well.

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

skier_pete said:

Congratulations Pete!

skier_pete said:

Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you :cool1:

Adam

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

Congratulations Pete!

Thanks for the welcome Pete!

We're in the middle of writing a blog about our engagement in Venice and will be posting a link to it with some photos shortly.

In the meantime, massive congratulations on your promotion.That's awesome news! Really pleased working on 4th July paid off for you :cool1:

Adam

Thanks everyone! Though I don't think working on the 4th had any bearing on the promotion...it must've been in works for a while at least. Just made me feel better.

I would definitely check out your blog, Adam!

Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat

Just popping in to add my thanks for the warm welcome. Adam surprised me with the news about the trip this weekend - after Venice, and the proposal, and meeting some of you guys, suprises seem to have become a habit of his...one I fully support, of course!

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that we're going yet, even though I've seen the itinerary and we've started talking about extensions and flights etc. So excited!

Kat

Definitely a nice habit to have...:thumbsup2 Congratulations again on the engagement!

All - Even though it's almost a full year away, I've been thinking about the time in LA. We will be arriving a day early. I'm trying to think of things to do. Any suggestions that I can start researching? I've been thinking about the Farmer's Market, WB Tour, Universal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter