(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just switched from SL to RPC yay! I cannot believe how excited I am :) I had a few questions about the rooms, I'm so confused :sad1: I think I read that there is a deluxe room that is not a bookable category? I am booked for a standard room club level main building. If anyone could take pity on me and please help me understand the room possibilities that we have :worship: I would be ever so grateful. I would love a balcony if possible but if I remember correctly the deluxe room doesn't have the balcony? Isn't there also a turret room?

I don't want to be on the floor that you have to take two elevators to get around. I think if I remember correctly that was on the 2nd floor.

I remember there was also advice about taking an elevator that is near Gasparilla's so we wouldn't be traipsing through the hotel from the pool?

Thank you all so much for any help, I really appreciate all the help and info provided here
:love:

Most people meet up with the chef with their concerns and that seems to work the best.

I agree with Trisha. Disney is very responsive to personalizing service to take care of people with allergies. If you talk with the CMs and chef I am sure they will work it out for you for your stay.

Thanks, ladies. Unfortunately, we have three trips' worth of experience with dealing with the chefs during RPC stays and they have mostly not been good experiences. Dh is gluten intolerant (he gets VERY sick if he eats it) and the chefs were SO hit or miss. There have been times that we sat around in the RPC lounge waiting for a chef who was "oh his way" for well over an hour to be told later that they were too busy to come. There were chefs that told dh that they would prepare something separate for dh, but then never actually did, or they would keep telling us to check back and it would never arrive. Or, when it did arrive, it was literally a plate of fruit. There were a couple of days when one of the chefs did a really nice job and we really appreciated it but it was probably 10% of the time. I would absolutely not waste my time dealing with them.

Ladies (and Gents) - I am a first-time Grandma! My daughter had a beautiful baby girl last night (no name just yet). I can't wait until she is older and I can take her to Disney World!!!! And the Grand Floridian!!! Mom and Dad are doing well.

Hmm....Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique....

Congratulations!

baler, thank you so much for all the pics and great info!!

Loving all the food pics! :cloud9: Looks like lots of changes in the lounge...but WHAT? Bread is disappearing?? :sad2: Hate that! I'm a bread person..
To the PP who asked, I think the sticky buns are a thing of the past.
I like the flowers on the tables also. Wonder if the SL lounge has the same?
I'm not happy about the "bread disappearance" either... We all love bread in my family! I'm really hoping the sticky buns aren't gone forever! They had them a couple of times last October, but then we didn't see them in February. The CMs said they still had them sometimes, but maybe they were wrong. They took away the tomato pesto for a short while and then it was back....I'm wondering if that's because so many people complained?? Maybe if we all voice our opinions about the things they've taken away, they'll bring them back :) ??

I'm not happy about the "bread disappearance" either... We all love bread in my family! I'm really hoping the sticky buns aren't gone forever! They had them a couple of times last October, but then we didn't see them in February. The CMs said they still had them sometimes, but maybe they were wrong. They took away the tomato pesto for a short while and then it was back....I'm wondering if that's because so many people complained?? Maybe if we all voice our opinions about the things they've taken away, they'll bring them back :) ??

I was there in May and I never saw sticky buns. I'm pretty sure they're gone now. :(

I'm not happy about there being no bread either. I LOVE bread. :) In May they had two kinds of bread, ciabatta (really good!) and the other bread that's usually there. They started having the carving station while I was there and I honestly didn't think it was very good. Really really bland. Someone came by how I liked the meat and I didn't have the heart to tell them I didn't like it.

Thanks, ladies. Unfortunately, we have three trips' worth of experience with dealing with the chefs during RPC stays and they have mostly not been good experiences. Dh is gluten intolerant (he gets VERY sick if he eats it) and the chefs were SO hit or miss. There have been times that we sat around in the RPC lounge waiting for a chef who was "oh his way" for well over an hour to be told later that they were too busy to come. There were chefs that told dh that they would prepare something separate for dh, but then never actually did, or they would keep telling us to check back and it would never arrive. Or, when it did arrive, it was literally a plate of fruit. There were a couple of days when one of the chefs did a really nice job and we really appreciated it but it was probably 10% of the time. I would absolutely not waste my time dealing with them.

I'm really sorry to hear this. :worried: :mad: It is a shame that they have not extended the same level of concern and attention to allergy needs at RPC as they have at the restaurants and cruise ships. :confused:

Well that is very unfortunate! sigh... I will be extremely disappointed if this is the response. Especially with something as common as GLUTEN! That should be easy to deal with! Fortunately, except for breakfast, we will be eating main meals the rest of the time, so I don't need much from the lounge.

Hello fellow GF fans...:wave2:...Back from another Grand stay at the GF! ::yes:: Will do a mini review...sometime this week....

is the carving station sugar loaf and new wine

Wine serving is in SL also...but not the carving station...they said not enough room for a carving station..yet...

In the past we have always done concierge in all our stays at Disney and have wanted to do it at the GF.But with that said, we love the Villas. It is so quiet and spectacular as well. And the main building is literally a 1 minute walk. We are very happy with our decision to buy in at the VGF.

Happy to hear that goofy4prez ...Its something we have pondered recently....:goodvibes

Just as we left this morning, a barefoot "guest" in her bathrobe secured her breakfast at the Royal Palm Club. Clueless. :crazy:

All the best. :thumbsup2

Hello again BC1836 It was a real pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife...and getting to chat in the lounge...:goodvibes :thumbsup2..Looking forward to crossing paths again...::yes:: As for the under dressed lounge guest...hope that no one stepped on her bare feet! ;) ...lol....

I am ready to freak out. Do you mean to tell me that those are nuts scattered about the plate? DD and I are nut allergic. Let's be realistic and acknowledge that nut allergies are very common nowadays. So instead of just taking a moment to put the nuts right next to the platter in a bowl/ plate, they HEAPED THEM ONTO EVERYTHING? This would be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen... except for that i already see that the wine is no longer self-serve, so the two issues are tied for first place in my book. They literally charge nearly $1,000 per night full price. They have GOT to be kidding me with these changes.

Beth I was so surprised by that platter of everything all mixed together....especially given the amount of nuts that were on it...and the amount of folks with nut allergies...I did give some feed back about it...hope that you will too....

BlueSkies is there now BUT since I had breakfast with her several times in the lounge at Poly last year , fully clothed I doubt it's her:rotfl2:!

Trish!! I truly enjoyed those nice breakfast DISmeets that we had! :goodvibes properly clothed I might add.. in the lounge...lol...We should start a thread.."the things that you have seen in a CL lounge!!" :eek::faint::blush::confused: ...

Ladies (and Gents) - I am a first-time Grandma! My daughter had a beautiful baby girl last night (no name just yet). I can't wait until she is older and I can take her to Disney World!!!! And the Grand Floridian!!! Mom and Dad are doing well.

Hmm....Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique....

Many congratulations Lisann princess: such happy news....

Do you know if SL is self serve still? Was searching the boards and couldn't find an answer! Thank you for the pics btw!

SL now has a wine cart with a server to my understanding...

Just noticed I'm down to double digits for my trip- I'm very very excited!

:dance3: Excited for you!!!

So they have all of this food at SL too aside from the carving station??

That's correct! ::yes::

Loving all the food pics! :cloud9: Looks like lots of changes in the lounge...but WHAT? Bread is disappearing?? :sad2: Hate that! I'm a bread person..
To the PP who asked, I think the sticky buns are a thing of the past.
I like the flowers on the tables also. Wonder if the SL lounge has the same?

Me too...cause its always about the food!!! :thumbsup2 I will look through my pics...but I know that there were breads and crackers in the afternoon..to go along with the spreads...and several in the morning too....So don't be fretting my friend...:goodvibes

Just switched from SL to RPC yay! I cannot believe how excited I am :) I had a few questions about the rooms, I'm so confused :sad1: I think I read that there is a deluxe room that is not a bookable category? I am booked for a standard room club level main building. If anyone could take pity on me and please help me understand the room possibilities that we have :worship: I would be ever so grateful. I would love a balcony if possible but if I remember correctly the deluxe room doesn't have the balcony? Isn't there also a turret room?

I don't want to be on the floor that you have to take two elevators to get around. I think if I remember correctly that was on the 2nd floor.

I remember there was also advice about taking an elevator that is near Gasparilla's so we wouldn't be traipsing through the hotel from the pool?

Thank you all so much for any help, I really appreciate all the help and info provided here
:love:

Deluxe room in the main building aka RPC is indeed a bookable category...::yes:: the largest inventory is of the standard CL main building rooms...which are located on the 3rd and 4th floor...the rooms that overlook the courtyard pool area #s 44/4413 (farthest from the lounge) to 43/4418 (closest) but even the farthest is pretty close..are all standard sized rooms...rooms 43/4423 (closest to the lounge area)to 43/4428 (farthest) also in the standard category..are a bit larger..having a wet bar..and larger entrance foyer overlook the beach pool/Poly/VGF..both very nice... and lounge access is pretty easy even from the 3rd floor rooms....The only rooms on the 2nd floor are some of the king deluxe rooms...so no worries...Enjoy your first RPC stay..I bet it won't be your last!

Almost forgot..there is a back elevator...mostly referred to as the pool elevator..it will bring you to the area near Gasparilla's so that you don't have to go thru the lobby in your pool attire...Its closer to the courtyard pool...but not far from the beach pool either... it is what we prefer to use when heading to the pool..or to the boat dock...

So sorry that this was your experience...:earseek:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..but if you are referring to the pecan sticky buns..they are indeed gone forever...I was told due to nut allergies??? lol....We loved them as a special vacation breakfasts treat! But there are a lot of other muffins/pastries these days...different things every day...so new things to look forward to! :thumbsup2

I was there in May and I never saw sticky buns. I'm pretty sure they're gone now. :(

I'm not happy about there being no bread either. I LOVE bread. :) In May they had two kinds of bread, ciabatta (really good!) and the other bread that's usually there. They started having the carving station while I was there and I honestly didn't think it was very good. Really really bland. Someone came by how I liked the meat and I didn't have the heart to tell them I didn't like it.

I cannot recall about the evenings...but Baler who is there now would probably have a more definitive answer on that...there was ciabatta bread in the afternoons on some of the days...and those long crunchy bread sticks too....We missed the carving station while we were there....so I guess I will just have to take another trip...to check it out! ;) Disney logic! And like your trip experience..not a sticky bun in sight....:( ....

Baler Great food/wine photos :mickeybar ..and info....which will save me from trying to post them myself... seems we probably crossed paths in the lounge too...Hope that you are enjoying your trip....

So much to say...so little time...lol..so I will say See ya real soon..for now...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is having Disney withdrawl....:upsidedow

Last edited:
image.jpg

This is the basket meant to accompany the dips. We arrived June 15th and in 8 days unless you arrive at the start of 11:30 service the ciabatta is already gone with none to replenish.

In the mornings everything is the same. Sticky buns have been gone for quite some time.

The only bread at evening service is on the carving station nights when they have a type of ciabatta roll.

There are always plenty of veggies.

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..but if you are referring to the pecan sticky buns..they are indeed gone forever...I was told due to nut allergies??? lol....We loved them as a special vacation breakfasts treat! But there are a lot of other muffins/pastries these days...different things every day...so new things to look forward to! :thumbsup2

Bummer about the pecan sticky buns. Oh well, I guess I'll have to have a "grand splash" at breakfast now too:) I can hardly wait to go back!

Baler, yummy food pics! :thumbsup2 I see some familiar items but will have to experience the carving station, if we get to stay RPC next time.
Welcome back, Blue! Missed you here...
Lisann, I'll add my congratulations to you on being a grandma!

Hi everyone

I love reading these boards and looking at all the pictures! I will be staying gf club level for the first time in dec. yippee. We are booked in a king deluxe main bldg. After reading all about the rooms I'm not sure which room I should request and need help. I really want a balcony but from what I read they are on the 2nd floor and not a great location. The turret rooms sound great but they don't have a balcony. It's my 50th birthday and I requested a castle view. We will be at the boardwalk in an water view for 5 nights before we get to gf for 3 nights so I will have a balcony at the boardwalk. Will the beginning of dec. be too cold to sit outside at night to watch the fireworks? I know the turret rooms are bigger and a better location but it's the no balcony that's killing me. Thanks for all your help!

Hello fellow GF fans...:wave2:...Back from another Grand stay at the GF! ::yes:: Will do a mini review...sometime this week....

Hello again BC1836 It was a real pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife...and getting to chat in the lounge...:goodvibes :thumbsup2..Looking forward to crossing paths again...::yes:: As for the under dressed lounge guest...hope that no one stepped on her bare feet! ;) ...lol....
So much to say...so little time...lol..so I will say See ya real soon..for now...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is having Disney withdrawl....:upsidedow

Howdy, BlueSkies! Indeed, it was a pleasure to cross your path. Next time, hopefully, we'll see you earlier in our stay so we can sit and chat with some Mumm Napa and Fess Parker Chardonnay!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter