(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to believe that the pool would be closed during spring break one of the busiest times of the year with no alternative.

It’s hard to believe that the pool would be closed during spring break one of the busiest times of the year with no alternative.

We’ll be at the Villas in February and got the message re the pool closure too. It said the Courtyard pool is the alternate.

Is there anywhere on the resort where we can get basic grocery items like milk? Thanks!

Is there anywhere on the resort where we can get basic grocery items like milk? Thanks!
As foodiddiedoo says, Sandy Cove has a range of basics including milk. They have juices, breakfast cereals, boxed bakery items and a small range of toiletries. There is a selection of pharmacy items for those who find themselves ill with coughs, colds and with tummy troubles on vacation.

I know there are two pools and only one will be closed, but the one closed is the one with the slide. My grandchildren like having a slide available.

I know there are two pools and only one will be closed, but the one closed is the one with the slide. My grandchildren like having a slide available.
WaterPlayArea3-500x373.jpg

If they are little the water play area does have one. If older than unfortunately not. However you can always inquire at lobby for other options. Disney sometimes makes case by case exceptions if needed.

They are teenagers and were looking forward to the slide. I am thinking about changing resorts and going to the Poly which will save me almost a thousand dollars for the week.

They are teenagers and were looking forward to the slide. I am thinking about changing resorts and going to the Poly which will save me almost a thousand dollars for the week.
Ah that makes a difference.

If room is available that may work. Poly is fun for kids. I have stayed at both resorts many times. Pm me if you have any questions.

It's like choosing which kid is your favorite, I love both and CR too.

Also may I recommend poly gv cl? If price close the kids would love all day food and drink access. Also great location for both pools and beach.

I am going to leave the decision up to the kids as we have stayed at the Poly before and they didn’t really care for it.

Hi all. I just switched resorts for our upcoming trip. Found a pass holder rate for an Outer Building Deluxe Garden View room. We've never stayed at the GF, and I'm wondering about room requests. I don't want to make a confusing request. Do all of the buildings at the hotel have this deluxe size category? Are these types of rooms on all of the floors? I hope I'm making sense.
Thank you for your help! We are really looking forward to our trip and stay here.

IMG_0805.JPG IMG_2180.JPG

Hi all. I just switched resorts for our upcoming trip. Found a pass holder rate for an Outer Building Deluxe Garden View room. We've never stayed at the GF, and I'm wondering about room requests. I don't want to make a confusing request. Do all of the buildings at the hotel have this deluxe size category? Are these types of rooms on all of the floors? I hope I'm making sense.
Thank you for your help! We are really looking forward to our trip and stay here.
The outer building deluxe rooms are in the buildings facing courtyard pool/inside. Floors 2-5. 5 doesn't have a balcony FYI.

So the deluxe are a "row" of rooms . One each per building I believe, sugar loaf is by request for club level clients.

If you look at pix, they are easy to spot, the octagon shape is your extra Bump out. See above

Last edited:
Can I ask, is the feature pool going to be dramatically different after this closure? Or is it just maintenance?

View attachment 282097 View attachment 282096

The outer building deluxe rooms are in the buildings facing courtyard pool/inside. Floors 2-5. 5 doesn't have a balcony FYI.

So the deluxe are a "row" of rooms . One each per building I believe, sugar loaf is by request for club level clients.

If you look at pix, they are easy to spot, the octagon shape is your extra Bump out. See above

That helps a ton. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter