(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what type of mattresses are currently being used at the GF? I have an allergy and have to sleep on a traditional mattress.

We found out Copper Creek Villas have foam mattresses while the Poly currently doesn't, so there's no consistency between resorts. I'm really hoping Disney isn't moving to all foam or that will be the end of our onsite trips.

Can anyone tell me what type of mattresses are currently being used at the GF? I have an allergy and have to sleep on a traditional mattress.

We found out Copper Creek Villas have foam mattresses while the Poly currently doesn't, so there's no consistency between resorts. I'm really hoping Disney isn't moving to all foam or that will be the end of our onsite trips.
They are not foam and more comfortable than poly's. I did a split last year with poly 1st. It's a comfort top and thicker than polys.

Hey guys! We’re down to 9 DAYS!!!

I’m hoping I get to meet some Disers that will be at GF next week!! I wish there was something we could wear or have on us to show we’re on the boards! Any ideas?!
For a few dismeets I have pm'd people that appeared to be interested and at Disney when I was there. Pm works better because it goes to their email address and more likely to be noticed on a busy vacation.

A simple " I'll be at the pool 12-2 today" and see if you get a response , that kind of thing.

I think I arrive after you leave? My dates in my signature.

Hello! I just booked our first stay at the GF from 11/27-11/30. We are going to be in an outer building TPV room, so I'm guessing Sago Cay or Conch Key? Will the trees be up in the lobby by 11/27? I see they have already started the gingerbread house, so I'm hoping the trees will be up by the time we get there!

Hope you have a great time! The GF is amazing during the holidays :santa:.

Hey guys! We’re down to 9 DAYS!!!

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

For a few dismeets I have pm'd people that appeared to be interested and at Disney when I was there. Pm works better because it goes to their email address and more likely to be noticed on a busy vacation.

A simple " I'll be at the pool 12-2 today" and see if you get a response , that kind of thing.

I think I arrive after you leave? My dates in my signature.

We’re leaving on 12/2, late afternoon, so hopefully we can find time those two days! I wish we could do a group pm so we can organize something. I guess once you get there you can see what your plans are and we can go from there. We’ll most likely be at the parks most of the day 12/1, but we’ll probably spend the last day at the resort!

A number of years ago folks used lime green to indicate their connection to DISBoards - ribbons tied to backpacks, etc. I’m not sure how much that’s recognized now, though!

I had wondered about this because I was considering seeing if the paint chips can still be found.

A number of years ago folks used lime green to indicate their connection to DISBoards - ribbons tied to backpacks, etc. I’m not sure how much that’s recognized now, though!

Yes!! I remember reading that a couple years back!! Something like that definitely makes it easy to spot someone without blindly going up to people and asking 'hi...are you on the Dis boards?!!' LOL

We’re leaving on 12/2, late afternoon, so hopefully we can find time those two days! I wish we could do a group pm so we can organize something. I guess once you get there you can see what your plans are and we can go from there. We’ll most likely be at the parks most of the day 12/1, but we’ll probably spend the last day at the resort!
I am always at the lounge at 5P for a wine and appies. :thumbsup2

They are not foam and more comfortable than poly's. I did a split last year with poly 1st. It's a comfort top and thicker than polys.

I totally agree. I love the Poly, but the mattresses there... not so much! By contrast, you have to drag me out of bed at the Grand, as the beds are so comfy. Of course, this is subjective. My husband prefers the Poly mattresses and finds the Grand Floridian beds to be too soft. (Then again, he thinks our Sleep Number bed is marginally too soft at 100, making me wonder sometimes why he doesn't just sleep on the floor.)

I totally agree. I love the Poly, but the mattresses there... not so much! By contrast, you have to drag me out of bed at the Grand, as the beds are so comfy. Of course, this is subjective. My husband prefers the Poly mattresses and finds the Grand Floridian beds to be too soft. (Then again, he thinks our Sleep Number bed is marginally too soft at 100, making me wonder sometimes why he doesn't just sleep on the floor.)
:rotfl:Husbands !

Honestly I am so tired at Disney I could sleep on the floor.

Sounds fantastic!! I’m celebrating my 40th while we’re there, so I’ll definitely want to enjoy every minute! Do they have mimosas in the a.m.?!! :bitelip::drinking1:ssst::D

@mrsap , I, too, would love to find out more about the lounge offerings! While I’ve seen the generic schedule, I never knew about champagne and scones (I wonder a time of day for this?)! And MIMOSAS would be amazing!

@mrsap , I, too, would love to find out more about the lounge offerings! While I’ve seen the generic schedule, I never knew about champagne and scones (I wonder a time of day for this?)! And MIMOSAS would be amazing!

Hey! I've actually looked up videos online, but the couple I found are older, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. Maybe someone who's been recently can help us out! You're going soon too, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter