(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I saw that, AllEars is usually current with the menus but that one was from 2015.

Sadly it’s looking to be a moot point because we heard from our TA today with the 2020 packages released and there’s no availability for the GF for the dates we want, only at the back end of the split. And with the AP price hike it’s looking like we’re just going back to the Poly. Trying to look at the bright side, it just means we’ll carve out time to walk over to the GF on one of our rest days.

Yeah I saw that, AllEars is usually current with the menus but that one was from 2015.

Sadly it’s looking to be a moot point because we heard from our TA today with the 2020 packages released and there’s no availability for the GF for the dates we want, only at the back end of the split. And with the AP price hike it’s looking like we’re just going back to the Poly. Trying to look at the bright side, it just means we’ll carve out time to walk over to the GF on one of our rest days.

Is that for a villa, or for a regular room that there's no availability? I saw your dates of May 2 for next year in another thread. There's availability online for many packages at the GF between May 2-6th if it's just a standard outer type building or even outer or main club level type room. Poly is beautiful, but if you wanted a split, I'd maybe try calling yourself or looking online if your TA wasn't having luck.

Last edited:

Are the dormer rooms only on the 5th floor, or are they on the 4th floor of some buildings too? Do corner rooms have any 'extras' like an extra window, or is there no difference?

Also, does anyone have pictures/links to show the difference between a dormer/not dormer room? Deciding which we should request for our trip in August!
Dormers are not always the top floor. They are on the highest point of each floor. Each peak would be a dormer:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.08.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.12.33 PM.png

The dormer rooms are slightly smaller, with high ceilings.

Dormer:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Regular:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.16.12 PM.png

The balconies are also tighter/enclosed:

Dormer:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.10.19 PM.png

Regular:
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.14.35 PM.png

Just got back from our first stay at GF. We had such a wonderful time!
We booked outer building lagoon view. We were upgraded to main building club level!
Our room was beautiful and huge, the service was outstanding.
We enjoyed snacks in the club each afternoon while listening to the band and piano player.
Due to the cost of this resort, it was likely a once in a lifetime stay so we were so appreciative to have the main building and club level experience.
The resort was so beautiful that we ended up spending less time at the parks and enjoying the room, pool and wandering the lobby and resort.
We had a brief discussion about changing our reservation after Pete's review, so happy we did not!

We officially just booked GF Lagoon view for End of May/ beginning of June 2020 for 6 nights! not going to let a negative review get in our way of going back to the amazing Grand Floridian!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay: Now the waiting begins.....

How exciting!! Have fun with all the planning :wizard:.

We booked outer building lagoon view. We were upgraded to main building club level!
We enjoyed snacks in the club each afternoon while listening to the band and piano player.
Due to the cost of this resort, it was likely a once in a lifetime stay so we were so appreciative to have the main building and club level experience.
The resort was so beautiful that we ended up spending less time at the parks and enjoying the room, pool and wandering the lobby and resort.
We had a brief discussion about changing our reservation after Pete's review, so happy we did not!

What an awesome upgrade!! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF/RPC :goodvibes.

We just spent a week at the GF and it was beautiful.They gave us a room that was right next to the elevator and was a connecting room. The elevator was noisy as were the neighbors. We were moved the next day to a dormer room which was a little smaller. I would stay in a dormer again if it meant no connecting room. The beds were so comfy,the CMs were all wonderful. Is there a room map anywhere showing the room configuratiins?

I’m happy you didn’t either!! There is no way that his review is worthy of making anyone change the reservation. I finally watched his review the other day and I’ve never seen anybody check for dust the way that he did LOL Is it just me? Does anybody else actually do that? I would never think to do that. What happened with the cast member could have happened at any resort. We also had an issue with our Magic Bands at Beach Club last summer. Literally every other day my DH’s band didn’t work. Then when we switched to Poly for our split stay, a week later, and my band didn’t work. Is it annoying and inconvenient to have to keep going back to the front desk? Yes. But we keep reminding ourselves that we are on vacation and it could have always been worse. I am so happy you had a wonderful time! The Grand Floridian is just such a beautiful resort! I’ll be there soon and I can’t wait!!!!

We just spent a week at the GF and it was beautiful.They gave us a room that was right next to the elevator and was a connecting room. The elevator was noisy as were the neighbors. We were moved the next day to a dormer room which was a little smaller. I would stay in a dormer again if it meant no connecting room. The beds were so comfy,the CMs were all wonderful. Is there a room map anywhere showing the room configuratiins?

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF :goodvibes.

Is that for a villa, or for a regular room that there's no availability? I saw your dates of May 2 for next year in another thread. There's availability online for many packages at the GF between May 2-6th if it's just a standard outer type building or even outer or main club level type room. Poly is beautiful, but if you wanted a split, I'd maybe try calling yourself or looking online if your TA wasn't having luck.

We were looking at a regular outer building standard room...the thing is we use one of the “agency exclusive rate” TAs so it may not be the same inventory. We also only wanted 3 nights at GF instead of half and half, just in case we didn’t like it. I would be willing to do a more even split to increase our chances for better GF availability but my other half isn’t having it, lol. She wants more time at Poly. I’m just hoping there’s a decent AP discount at some point for a quick weekend getaway.

If I my ask, how did you manage the upgrade?

If I my ask, how did you manage the upgrade?

Not sure what your asking, we did not have to "manage" anything.
She looked at her ipad when we gave our name, and told us we were upgraded.
I said, Thank you!
We did not exactly know what club level was so she explained it all and brought us up the elevator and to check-in and showed us to our room!

Not sure what your asking, we did not have to "manage" anything.
She looked at her ipad when we gave our name, and told us we were upgraded.
I said, Thank you!
We did not exactly know what club level was so she explained it all and brought us up the elevator and to check-in and showed us to our room!
Oh I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear! I was trying to figure out if you simply paid for a club level upgrade when you arrived or if they just randomly upgraded you.

We are booked at the Grand beginning July 31st for 2 nights at CL in the Sugarloaf building and 5 nights Std. The kids and I are looking forward to a beautiful stay. We are having a few resort days to truly relax and enjoy the resort.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I’m happy you didn’t either!! There is no way that his review is worthy of making anyone change the reservation. I finally watched his review the other day and I’ve never seen anybody check for dust the way that he did LOL Is it just me? Does anybody else actually do that? I would never think to do that. What happened with the cast member could have happened at any resort. We also had an issue with our Magic Bands at Beach Club last summer. Literally every other day my DH’s band didn’t work. Then when we switched to Poly for our split stay, a week later, and my band didn’t work. Is it annoying and inconvenient to have to keep going back to the front desk? Yes. But we keep reminding ourselves that we are on vacation and it could have always been worse. I am so happy you had a wonderful time! The Grand Floridian is just such a beautiful resort! I’ll be there soon and I can’t wait!!!!

Getting ready to pull out the white gloves soon, only not at the Grand.....!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::laughing::thumbsup2:rotfl::dancer::lmao::drinking1:wave2:

For those of you who just got back. How bad was the construction at Mitzers Lounge? is there a separate area for drinks and listening to the band? is it super crowded? We are staying at the Poly in August but wanted to come over for a drink and the music. Any information would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter