(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacey is my fave. Always the first thing I have to do when I get to the room is put her on lol.
I would like to start a petition for Disney Window Honor with her name to say Thank You with respect from so many fans !
Does anybody know who to contact or get this started even ?
Thanks and officially:
Thank You Stacey

Is this secure?They are asking for name and email and know the location zip code.... Can you provide more info for source?
Thanks I def want to support this!

Not sure if it has been posted here yet, but the Grand Floridian Orchestra is leaving the Grand Floridian Resort permanently. :( They just posted this sad news on Facebook. Their last day performing in DHS as the Disney Society Orchestra is October 3rd. They will be missed in WDW, after 32 years of playing together. :( :(

I just logged in to my DH's facebook account and now I am crying!! This is beyond horrible!!! :sad2:

Not sure if it has been posted here yet, but the Grand Floridian Orchestra is leaving the Grand Floridian Resort permanently. :( They just posted this sad news on Facebook. Their last day performing in DHS as the Disney Society Orchestra is October 3rd. They will be missed in WDW, after 32 years of playing together. :( :(

Who do we write, email, call, fax, etc to make this not happen? This is one of my MUST DO things on a trip - a few hours with the GF Orchestra and a dinner at Narcoossee's. Many times the Orchestra is a couple of nights. I bring everyone there - been doing this for 10 years. This will be my last straw. It is now time to rethink the Disney vacation dollar. The removal of all these extras are turning Disney into overpriced theme parks. It was so much more than that - but it was the extras that made it that way. This is heartbreaking!

Who do we write, email, call, fax, etc to make this not happen? This is one of my MUST DO things on a trip - a few hours with the GF Orchestra and a dinner at Narcoossee's. Many times the Orchestra is a couple of nights. I bring everyone there - been doing this for 10 years. This will be my last straw. It is now time to rethink the Disney vacation dollar. The removal of all these extras are turning Disney into overpriced theme parks. It was so much more than that - but it was the extras that made it that way. This is heartbreaking!

I agree. Very sad.....I got married at the Grand Floridian and hearing the band has always been special to me. I’m sure so many others feel the same way.

I could look this up, but hoping someone can remind me. I haven’t actually been to GF since Enchanted Rose opened. Am I right that awhile back they had moved the orchestra to a new spot in the lobby, or was that just a construction thing?

I could look this up, but hoping someone can remind me. I haven’t actually been to GF since Enchanted Rose opened. Am I right that awhile back they had moved the orchestra to a new spot in the lobby, or was that just a construction thing?

They had moved down front and center for a time being - right below where they were - on the floor. New stage and new sound system and sounded AWESOME down there - allowed them to really play out and fill the place. Plenty of seating to enjoy and watch. In talking with the guys, they did say it was pretty temporary - that space would be needed for the gingerbread house. They then were moved back to the other side of check in - I think where the concierge used to be. Not nearly as good sounding and no seating at all. We used to turn chairs and pull them over.

They guys in the band were concerned that that may have been temporary as well - and that there wasn't really a plan other than moved out for good.

Please write emails, letters, whatever...The GF Orchestra is an institution at Disney. I can't imagine being at the Grand without them.

They had moved down front and center for a time being - right below where they were - on the floor. New stage and new sound system and sounded AWESOME down there - allowed them to really play out and fill the place. Plenty of seating to enjoy and watch. In talking with the guys, they did say it was pretty temporary - that space would be needed for the gingerbread house. They then were moved back to the other side of check in - I think where the concierge used to be. Not nearly as good sounding and no seating at all. We used to turn chairs and pull them over.

They guys in the band were concerned that that may have been temporary as well - and that there wasn't really a plan other than moved out for good.

Please write emails, letters, whatever...The GF Orchestra is an institution at Disney. I can't imagine being at the Grand without them.

Thanks for this, really appreciate it. The former concierge location is what I had in my head - that one always seemed like a bit of an afterthought location to me.

I just logged in to my DH's facebook account and now I am crying!! This is beyond horrible!!! :sad2:
I cried too when I read their post

This was shared to my fb page... 💔

View attachment 528259
Crying again reading this

This just saddens me that they're gone.
The GFSO truly helped make the GF my favorite resort

Oh well I'll still have my memories of sitting in the 4th floor CL lounge drinking a glass of Champagne and listening to these fabulous musicians and if I want to hear them I can just pop in the cd's (well just click on Itunes since that's where put them after I loaded them onto the computer)

So, I finally have a chance to comment on the Orchestra... I’m SO, SO, SO upset about this. Why?!? Out of anything that could be cut from the Grand, you choose the heart and soul of it?! No. Not happy. I’ll gladly sign that petition and hope we can help change minds. This is just unacceptable and disappointing.

I’ll be writing my email tomorrow. I’m absolutely gutted over the GFSO being cut. They were my absolute favorite part of the GF. It will never be the same without them :sad:

Question on room requests at GF... we've never stayed there and typically I have a some strong preferences on where we stay at other resorts. For an outer building garden view, is there anything I should be requesting? It's my understanding all rooms have balconies (v imp to us!) and they all seem relatively close to the pools/main building. Are any buildings superior to another?
The only concern are the few rooms in BC behind the pool house. Other than that it’s a pretty compact resort. If you want a view of mono or marina the rooms in Sago are GV (except on end facing MK). Most of the other GV face towards the courtyard pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter