(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GADisneyDad14
I have a 1 bedroom LV booked at BLT because dd and bf coming with me. Now he thinks his work too busy and prefers to stay home with their pup vs coming even Sat-Mon.

That in mind I booked a GV at GF to save $170 a nite. However we still thinking on it and if walkway opens that would make a difference. At least boats are running!

In the app it shows in room dining is open but for menu it says to check the resort. CR still shows no in room dining which makes no sense with all their restaurants open.

I may move to gf just for coffee delivery in the morning😂

I have a few short videos from floors 3-5 main building listening to the orchestra, I can see a temp closure but forever? Sheesh😥

I realize the resort has only been open a short time, but can anyone verify what the housekeeping schedule is currently? I know they had announced reduced services when DW reopened, but I haven’t seen if anything has changed. I am trying to plan ahead for tipping, etc.

Good Morning....

I know the weather in Orlando is unpredicable....but what weather app/site does everyone use?

As for housekeeping, I heard the same...every other day.

Good Morning....

I know the weather in Orlando is unpredicable....but what weather app/site does everyone use?

As for housekeeping, I heard the same...every other day.

I use Dark Sky. I like their watch/app notifications about rain/storms about to hit (although sometimes in Florida the weather is so variable/fast moving the app can’t keep up). I don’t really like Dark Sky’s radar, but it’s passable.

I use Dark Sky. I like their watch/app notifications about rain/storms about to hit (although sometimes in Florida the weather is so variable/fast moving the app can’t keep up). I don’t really like Dark Sky’s radar, but it’s passable.
I have Hi Def radar app for same day use to see it in motion. For packing planning I just use the weather channel app.

I see a fall cupcake on the mobile order at GG's . I love apple.

Thanks so much....downloaded and ready to go. We'll be there Monday morning, if anyone has anything they want me to check out.

Thanks so much....downloaded and ready to go. We'll be there Monday morning, if anyone has anything they want me to check out.

Fun!

I’m still curious about the status the kids splash pad and if it’s open yet from whatever work they were doing.

Fun!

I’m still curious about the status the kids splash pad and if it’s open yet from whatever work they were doing.
FYI we stopped at Enchanted Rose and found out appies start at 5pm not at opening. With MK closing at 6 that doesn't give much time to eat and get to park so we had a drink at 3 then left.

See if there is a menu for room service. I still on the fence. BLT or GF........

Have a Grand time too!

Last edited:
I have also signed the petition but I also know that WDW doesn't care. The problem is that WDW is increasingly less concerned with delivering commensurate value for money, and more preoccupied with increasing profit margins. I hate it, but when they can charge their ridiculous nightly rates and still get high occupancy rate at their resorts, why should they care.

I have also signed the petition but I also know that WDW doesn't care. The problem is that WDW is increasingly less concerned with delivering commensurate value for money, and more preoccupied with increasing profit margins. I hate it, but when they can charge their ridiculous nightly rates and still get high occupancy rate at their resorts, why should they care.
I emailed about it and added I wanted CL back too lol.

If I have to say so myself, which I guess I do...lol. I wrote a great letter to guest services....fingers and toes crossed someone listens!!
Me too.

Officially moved to gf next week. Dd and I did CR in August so I don’t mind giving up BLT.

Come on walkway! Let’s open already!

Arrival day MK closes at 6. We get changed after and do cheese board at ER then walk over to poly and have those amazing flatbreads at Tambu.

I arrive a few hours earlier than DD25. Gonna sit in my courtyard pool with a beverage and soak it all in!

I don’t usually comment or get picky about resort quick service dining options and I don’t have a ton of GF experience, but was just poking around Gaspy’s menu. How is it possible they don’t have a single salad? I’m fine with theme park/resort fare, but the menu seems pretty darn heavy. Is that just a Covid/limited menu thing these days?

I don’t usually comment or get picky about resort quick service dining options and I don’t have a ton of GF experience, but was just poking around Gaspy’s menu. How is it possible they don’t have a single salad? I’m fine with theme park/resort fare, but the menu seems pretty darn heavy. Is that just a Covid/limited menu thing these days?

They definitely had salads when I was there in November! Check the glass case to the right of the sandwich counter if not served behind the counter. They were a decent size, if my memory serves me right. They used to have create your own salads, but I’m almost positive that wasn’t an option in November. They had fruit bowls too.

But remember...
😉

Last edited:
Me too.

Officially moved to gf next week. Dd and I did CR in August so I don’t mind giving up BLT.

Come on walkway! Let’s open already!

Arrival day MK closes at 6. We get changed after and do cheese board at ER then walk over to poly and have those amazing flatbreads at Tambu.

I arrive a few hours earlier than DD25. Gonna sit in my courtyard pool with a beverage and soak it all in!

I'll be there right before you...we get in on Monday if I don't chicken out....lol.

DH, DD & DS are so ready to go as am I, but keep hearing how its getting crowded. I doubt we'll cancel, but I am so upset because this is usually such an exciting time for me...the right before the luggage comes out.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter