(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the earlier advice about garden view rooms- speaking from your personal preferences- what views/rooms would you specifically want to AVOID?
They tried to give me a 3rd floor room in Boca Chica behind the pool house. Luckily I had all building numbers memorized ( I'm a weirdo) so I asked for a different room at check in. I got a 4th floor also BC but a nice view overlooking the pool .

Just upgraded to Main Building CL for my trip on July 30th! I have never stayed CL before and have a couple of questions I was hoping you all could help me with:

1. How early should I contact GF with my room preferences? Do I contact DSS now for that or GF itself?

2. I booked a Main Building - Standard Club Level Room. It didn’t indicate a view type. Are there different views from the main building that I will have access to with a standard room?

3. Any suggestions on which room locations I should request in the main building?

Thank you!

Just upgraded to Main Building CL for my trip on July 30th! I have never stayed CL before and have a couple of questions I was hoping you all could help me with:

1. How early should I contact GF with my room preferences? Do I contact DSS now for that or GF itself?

2. I booked a Main Building - Standard Club Level Room. It didn’t indicate a view type. Are there different views from the main building that I will have access to with a standard room?

3. Any suggestions on which room locations I should request in the main building?

Thank you!

Nice upgrade! :-)

You can send your room requests in through DSS (you otherwise can’t actually contact the GF directly, any # that says it’s GF will go to a call center).

When you book a CL room, you may or may not hear from DSS. Sometimes they call, sometimes they send a post card, sometimes they do both, sometimes you hear nothing! :upsidedow:upsidedow

But regardless, you can reach out to them at any time:

Disney Signature Services
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

So Main Building Standard CL rooms.....most are on the third and fourth floors with maybe a couple on five. The pic below is the fourth floor, which is the same floor as the lounge. The third floor is roughly the same and is where the CM desks are located.

There are two “banks” of standard rooms - a cluster that faces the Courtyard Pool and another cluster across the atrium that faces the Villas/Beach Pool/Poly.

My room was the red dot below. LOVED this room, convenient to the lounge, convenient to the “secret elevator” that goes down close to Gaspy’s.

Pics below that may be helpful.

FWIW, my only room requests were “fourth floor, close to the lounge.”

Others will likely have additional advice/perspective as well.

Have fun!

Attachments

• GF Labeled 4th Floor Plan.jpeg
    GF Labeled 4th Floor Plan.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 46
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 43

Thank you!

Congrats on the upgrade, you will love RPC! I'll try to answer your questions.

1. You can call the regular reservation number or DSS, whichever your prefer (or you can do both). This can be done at anytime.

2. My favorite view is overlooking the beach pool/lagoon with the Poly in the background. Another view is overlooking the courtyard/courtyard pool, which is also nice. There might be others I'm not thinking of, so hopefully others will give some input.

3. I like being close to the lounge with a view of the main pool, but that's just my personal preference.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

We are traveling in December and I currently have a 1 bdrm villa booked.

However, my 4 yr old really wants to know if she can "see the castle from my room" so I was looking at availability in the hotel and there is a main bldg theme park view club level available that's similar price. I'm considering switching our reservation over.

Can you see the castle/fireworks from the villas? Are RPC rooms generally quiet being in the main bldg...We also have twins who will be 2.5 at the time.

Can you see the castle/fireworks from the villas?
Which category one bedroom villa do you have booked? Lake view or standard? You can see fireworks from some of the villas but you wouldn't be guaranteed a room location. Here are some room views (many links are broken due to photobucket's policy change) https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/

Personally I would choose the one bedroom villa for space especially with your two littles, but it's all personal preference. If I am at the resort and want to see the fireworks, I am going over to the boat dock anyway to hear the music and really enjoy the experience. It's also a short walk from the villas building to the beach at the Polynesian to see fireworks.

Which category one bedroom villa do you have booked? Lake view or standard? You can see fireworks from some of the villas but you wouldn't be guaranteed a room location. Here are some room views (many links are broken due to photobucket's policy change) https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/

Personally I would choose the one bedroom villa for space especially with your two littles, but it's all personal preference. If I am at the resort and want to see the fireworks, I am going over to the boat dock anyway to hear the music and really enjoy the experience. It's also a short walk from the villas building to the beach at the Polynesian to see fireworks.

This is good advice. Seeing them from your room is cool, BUT the boat launch by Narcossee’s is way cooler and you’ll save a few.

However, my 4 yr old really wants to know if she can "see the castle from my room" so I was looking at availability in the hotel and there is a main bldg theme park view club level available that's similar price. I'm considering switching our reservation over.

Can you see the castle/fireworks from the villas? Are RPC rooms generally quiet being in the main bldg...We also have twins who will be 2.5 at the time.

Personally, CL is more magical for our family. However, a washer/dryer is hard to beat with those ages. I just don’t like condo type lodging. It does not feel like a vacation for me. I don’t know anything about the villas so they may have everything I want and don’t know it

I want room service, valet Parking and convenience of club level breakfast especially. We no longer really care about MK view but there is something magical about watching your kids in pjs watching the fireworks In the end your child will not care once you get there with all the magical things. Choose what works best for your whole family.

We have a lake view booked - I wish I could get CL added onto the villa

Personally, CL is more magical for our family. However, a washer/dryer is hard to beat with those ages. I just don’t like condo type lodging. It does not feel like a vacation for me. I don’t know anything about the villas so they may have everything I want and don’t know it

I want room service, valet Parking and convenience of club level breakfast especially. We no longer really care about MK view but there is something magical about watching your kids in pjs watching the fireworks In the end your child will not care once you get there with all the magical things. Choose what works best for your whole family.

Haha that's us too - I'm wondering if I would even do laundry on vacation

If you request a room ending in -16 you might get an MK view. Check out the photos from this trip report:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...rom-jan-trip-2-23-p-22.3209481/#post-50266262

They were in a studio so your room will literally be twice that size. We stayed in a one bedroom villa at the Grand on our first DVC stay (rented points) and now I own at the Grand. I think that experience speaks for itself but if you need further convincing I would watch some YouTube tours of the different rooms.

For my money, I prefer a full size coffee pot, the separate bedroom, a real living room and the large balcony in a villa. I am not above bringing or buying my own snacks and adult beverages and prefer the extra room to having those items provided for me. For others, they don't care about the room size since they can use the CL lounge as their "living room" and spread out and relax in there. I think you are "stuck" deciding between two amazing options and there is no wrong answer. You will get a magnificent view and a gorgeous room either way!

I do that often. It's a great spot to hang out .
Me too! Mmmm crab cakes!

Thank you!
Congrats, once you stay in RPC you’ll be spoiled for anything else. Be prepared to spend time enjoying the lounge offerings both in morning and evening. Afternoon tea service is nice too.
You can contact DSS any time. Once I figure out where I want to be I contact them.
We had a 3rd floor Courtyard Pool view. We loved it. One afternoon watched a bride in the Glass Carriage and horses go by. We were close to the elevator, and CL desk. I found it was a quiet location. Perhaps because lounge was up a floor? There is also a nice staircase next to elevator. We mostly used this to get to lounge. Quicker than waiting for elevator.

Yea, though some people class up the joint and hang the off the balcony railing.
:laughing:

We’ve stayed in RPC theme park view and I find the Villas more upscale and Disney themed. The 1 bedroom villa is a suite twice the size and has a split bath design with a huge walk-in shower on one side and a soaker tub on the other. The extra room is awesome and while I don’t cook, it’s nice having a full size fridge and real glasses/utensils if we bring leftovers back. With the lake view, you may have a fireworks view but you’ll definitely have a great EWP view, possibly x2 at Poly as well. I would recommend an internet search comparing the rooms as well as the view before making a decision.

I personally would choose the villa over RPC. The food offerings aren’t enough to sway me away from the extra room!

Its a hard choice for sure. I have stayed in both a lake villa and a tpv RPC room.

The only rooms FACING the castle are the grand villas for VGF. We did have a lovely lagoon view of poly and cr but not MK.

SO you have to choose: castle and food or space and laundry.

In the end both will give a great family vacation with memories to last.

Its a hard choice for sure. I have stayed in both a lake villa and a tpv RPC room.

The only rooms FACING the castle are the grand villas for VGF. We did have a lovely lagoon view of poly and cr but not MK.

SO you have to choose: castle and food or space and laundry.

In the end both will give a great family vacation with memories to last.

I think there are 5 one bedrooms that face MK. The higher floors may have a partial castle view. I haven’t stayed in one of those but I’ve seen view photos of great fireworks. No music to go along with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter