(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya maybe the ones on the T end. Forgot about those!

I think they're more Space Mountain-facing than castle-facing, but I've been known to lean out and crane my neck for a glimpse of the castle :rotfl2:

(To be clear I did that at the Poly, not sure if you can see the castle even from the end of the T of the villas)

Touring Plans show the castle top but to be honest I’d prefer the other section with more lake view and less buildings!

This will be our first Poly stay WITHOUT CL, Im exited about staying in a villa but its gonna be strange not being in the hawaii building..lol
I told hubby we have to make a promise that neither one of us will walk past the Hawaii Building and say " I wish we were staying CL" lol

Nice upgrade! :-)

You can send your room requests in through DSS (you otherwise can’t actually contact the GF directly, any # that says it’s GF will go to a call center).

When you book a CL room, you may or may not hear from DSS. Sometimes they call, sometimes they send a post card, sometimes they do both, sometimes you hear nothing! :upsidedow:upsidedow

But regardless, you can reach out to them at any time:

Disney Signature Services
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

So Main Building Standard CL rooms.....most are on the third and fourth floors with maybe a couple on five. The pic below is the fourth floor, which is the same floor as the lounge. The third floor is roughly the same and is where the CM desks are located.

There are two “banks” of standard rooms - a cluster that faces the Courtyard Pool and another cluster across the atrium that faces the Villas/Beach Pool/Poly.

My room was the red dot below. LOVED this room, convenient to the lounge, convenient to the “secret elevator” that goes down close to Gaspy’s.

Pics below that may be helpful.

FWIW, my only room requests were “fourth floor, close to the lounge.”

Others will likely have additional advice/perspective as well.

Have fun!

Thank you so much! Super helpful. For this trip I have found myself following a bunch of the threads you are active in and I have to say you do such an awesome job. Your replies are always positive, detailed, and helpful. You make everyone feel like their questions are valid and worth answering, even if you’ve answered the same question 17 times at different points in the same thread. Just wanted to say I appreciate you GADisneyDad14!

Is anyone able to confirm if Gasparilla’s Grill starts serving breakfast at 6:30am? I can find that they are open 24/7 and it looks like a limited menu from 11:30pm-6:30am so I am guessing that’s when hit breakfast options would start. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone confirm if the Grand Floridian pools are open and fully functioning right now? I remember seeing they were being redone a number of months back and we are scheduled to be there in a week. Thank you!

You're welcome! Accumulating gift cards is a good idea, IMO. I buy them at Target with my Target cc and get 5% off. Also, if you accumulate a lot of smaller denominations, you can go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them onto one card. I think it's a max of 5 to one card, but it would cut down on the number of gift cards you need to keep track of. I just did this the other day, very easy :).

I didn't know that! Thanks! Ugh I got busy :)

Does anyone know the brand of dresses they carry at Summer Lace? I think it was Lilly Pullitzer but I am not sure. I found a beautiful dress but I am pregnant and wasn't sure I could pull it off...I want to find it locally if possible.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a recipe to make the tilapia reuben at Gaspy's? It was amazing!

Boca Chica is one of my favorite outer buildings (along with Big Pine Key). I love how both face the courtyard pool and both are close to the main building (although really none of the buildings are that far from the main areas as the GF isn't all that spread out). Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We got lucky..asked for Boca Chica and were given Conch key with a view of both the pool and the lagoon...not sure if it was an upgrade but may have been..quick, direct walk to Gaspy's..I am super picky bec as I said above I am expecting and my husband is blind...it was very convenient. I don't think you can go wrong.

We rarely if ever use the monorail for Epcot. Exception would be during Flower and Garden because the view from the monorail is stunning. It is the least efficient way to get to Epcot and if we do we always walk to TTC and take the direct monorail from there. Per my pedometer the distance from the main building is .9 miles and it takes us about 12-15 minutes. If you do take the monorail expect travel time to be in the 45 minute plus range with the transfer. We use Uber/Lyft and Minnie Van frequently. Minnie Van drops in the bus lot but Uber and Lyft at he drop off area is fine as well. If you know you want to go to World Showcase just Uber or Lyft to the Beach Club and walk to the International Gateway from there.

While the Grand is a great resort and my favorite I am not blind to its faults which IMO are transportation related. We make ample use of car services including Minnie Van because we like to make things as easy as possible and in the grand scheme of things I would rather budget a bit more for the peace of mind.

We tried to take Uber to the International gateway and the driver got lost! Make sure to go to Beach Club!

This will be our first Poly stay WITHOUT CL, Im exited about staying in a villa but its gonna be strange not being in the hawaii building..lol
I told hubby we have to make a promise that neither one of us will walk past the Hawaii Building and say " I wish we were staying CL" lol

I did that last year walking past Sugar Loaf with dh. Dd and I often stay there.

However we had a great trip! It forced me to try other things like Narcoosee's.

Last Oct I did my first non poly cl in years and again I missed Hawaii but we got room service breakfast and dd loved Tonga toast in bed. Then went to Traders and Tambu for 5pm appetizers and at Brown Derby outdoor bar area too.

It's fun to mix it up!

Anyone heard about a sugar loaf remodel coming up?
There was something about ceiling needing fixing over lobby. I looked in January and I didn't see any problem.

There was someone here saying the ceiling collapsed last year and rumor because no availability for a time period that repairs needed.

However I haven't seen anything official anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter