(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has any GFer taken note of monorail morning start times lately?

We have an 8am ADR in the MK and a DM who rides an ECV. Taking all those capital letters into account, I am hoping for an early start for the monorail as a Minnie van is probably out of the question.

I booked a standard main building club level room. Does anyone know if these rooms have the day bed.
We are here now. Our room is on the 5th floor and there is no daybed—-2 queens. FWIW, the bathroom set up is not ideal either in this room. There is a beautiful soaker tub in our room, but everything is in one room, where any other room we have had has had the toilet/tub separated. The renders the mirror sink area useless when the shower is being used because there is no exhaust fan. Also, the tub makes for an “odd” shower experience...just hard to get into because it is so big.
Edited to add: I did request twice to have a fourth floor room. Also made the request to change when we checked in, but nothing available. Not sure if it would have resulted in a 3rd bed option.

Last edited:
I booked a standard main building club level room. Does anyone know if these rooms have the day bed.
Yes . The rooms 4x13-18 look just like a standard room in the outer buildings and have view of courtyard . 4x23-28 also do but also have a wet bar, these face vgf/poly.

I forgot about 5th floor, only 1 or 2 up there, the rest are suites.

We are here now. Our room is on the 5th floor and there is no daybed—-2 queens. FWIW, the bathroom set up is not ideal either in this room. There is a beautiful soaker tub in our room, but everything is in one room, where any other room we have had has had the toilet/tub separated. The renders the mirror sink area useless when the shower is being used because there is no exhaust fan. Also, the tub makes for an “odd” shower experience...just hard to get into because it is so big.
Edited to add: I did request twice to have a fourth floor room. Also made the request to change when we checked in, but nothing available. Not sure if it would have resulted in a 3rd bed option.
Can you post pix? I've never seen those rooms/bath.

Has any GFer taken note of monorail morning start times lately?

We have an 8am ADR in the MK and a DM who rides an ECV. Taking all those capital letters into account, I am hoping for an early start for the monorail as a Minnie van is probably out of the question.

I can't answer your question, but bumping your post in case others are able to help :flower3:.

So Excited!!

My big 45th birthday is next week and we are very much looking forward to our first (and very likely only) ever stay in the main building!

I’m so excited I cannot hardly stand it! We have a deluxe king room booked.

I’m looking forward to luxurious repose!

RPC is amazing and is a great way to spend your birthday! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We check in Wednesday for a Theme Park CL room. Since we've never stayed in the main building, I was wondering what floor we might be on? I'm not even sure how many floors of rooms there are in the main bldg. I know the RPC lounge is on the 4th floor from what I've read here.

Also, has anyone ever been at the GF for Valentine's Day? Just wondering if they do anything extra or special for the holiday. (No, I'm not expecting it and won't be disappointed, just didn't want to miss it if it is happening...lol)

TIA for any answers. This is a great info thread :)

We check in Wednesday for a Theme Park CL room. Since we've never stayed in the main building, I was wondering what floor we might be on? I'm not even sure how many floors of rooms there are in the main bldg. I know the RPC lounge is on the 4th floor from what I've read here.

Also, has anyone ever been at the GF for Valentine's Day? Just wondering if they do anything extra or special for the holiday. (No, I'm not expecting it and won't be disappointed, just didn't want to miss it if it is happening...lol)

TPV main building CL rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors.

RPC is amazing, you will love it! The pp answered your question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy RPC :wizard:.

I had the most amazing experience staying at Grand Floridian over the weekend. We were upgraded to the Victorian Suite! It was my first time staying in club level, and I'm a bit spoiled now since this was the nicest room I've ever been in! We got to the hotel around 3pm and they told us our room wasn't ready yet, which was odd since they usually are around check-in. They didn't even mention that we were upgraded, I noticed when looking in the app that the room category changed, they just said we had a really nice room. I had never heard of this suite before and had to Google it lol. I wonder how much it actually costs a night, the only information I could find is that its a couple grand. Best Pixie Dust ever!

Wow!

That is absolutely fantastic!pixiedust:

IMG_1411.jpg IMG_1413.jpg

The TPV rooms are 4301-09 and 4401-09 . They are above GGG and you can hear the HEA soundtrack from your balcony. :)

FYI take the elevator by 4411 to get to GGG/marina. Otherwise use the one by the lounge to get to the lobby.

Enjoy!

We will be coming in August 2020 to celebrate our daughters preschool graduation and 5th birthday. Wanted to know more about afternoon tea options at GF. How long are they? What is the total cost? Are they worth doing? What is the differences between tea with princesses and afternoon tea? I see the cost is quadruaple for tea with princesses vs afternoon tea. What is served at each? We will be doing BBB for her and hopefully eating at CRT and BOG. We will be coming for 5 or 6 days. This will be our daughter's 2nd trip.We will be coming in August 2020 to celebrate our daughters preschool graduation and 5th birthday. Wanted to know more about afternoon tea options at GF. How long are they? What is the total cost? Are they worth doing? What is the differences between tea with princesses and afternoon tea? I see the cost is quadruaple for tea with princesses vs afternoon tea. What is served at each? We will be doing BBB for her and hopefully eating at CRT and BOG. We will be coming for 5 or 6 days. This will be our daughter's 2nd trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter