(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide GF week of Oct 13 or Nov 3rd. Never been for either decorations. But curious about weather and going to pools.
October 13th will be nice and warm/hot. Perfect for the pools. November 3rd should be OK as well. We went one year around November 15th and it was warm without being blistering hot except for a cold front came through the morning of our departure day. It was what Pooh would call a blustery day.

October 13th will be nice and warm/hot. Perfect for the pools. November 3rd should be OK as well. We went one year around November 15th and it was warm without being blistering hot except for a cold front came through the morning of our departure day. It was what Pooh would call a blustery day.
Thank you, it looks you are going back in October?

I'm also wondering about the November weather. Never done a Disney "winter" trip. I've looked at historical weather averages and it looks like I could see anywhere between 78-87 degrees daily with it leaning toward being around 80 degrees each day. I think that's going to be GREAT park touring weather but I'm not sure it will be hot enough for me at the pool or waterpark. Maybe since it's November, 80 degrees will feel hotter than it feels to me right now. We are at 84 degrees right now in DC and it was surely beautiful outside but as soon as a cloud crossed over, it actually felt a tad bit chilly. I mean, I loved it after the heat wave of last week but not sure I'd want to be in the pool with that.

Hi everyone, we’re staying at GF for the first time in February. I’m curious if anyone knows, or even possibly has a photo of the TVs in the hotel rooms? Specifically the audio input/outputs. Our little guy will be 2 then and we’d like to watch tv through headphones while he’s asleep.

I'm also wondering about the November weather. Never done a Disney "winter" trip. I've looked at historical weather averages and it looks like I could see anywhere between 78-87 degrees daily with it leaning toward being around 80 degrees each day. I think that's going to be GREAT park touring weather but I'm not sure it will be hot enough for me at the pool or waterpark. Maybe since it's November, 80 degrees will feel hotter than it feels to me right now. We are at 84 degrees right now in DC and it was surely beautiful outside but as soon as a cloud crossed over, it actually felt a tad bit chilly. I mean, I loved it after the heat wave of last week but not sure I'd want to be in the pool with that.

We go in November every year. Most of the times we’ve been able to wear shorts. One year was particularly chilly. Our pictures show us in pants and jackets. You just never know in November.

Not sure if this is a question anyone could actually have an answer to but...My wife and I are starting to think about visiting at the end of next year. It's going to be a special trip and since we've never stayed at the GF we wanted to at least try to stay there. Only way we could really afford it is by renting dvc points. My question is...how is the general availability for the GF when renting dvc points? Last time we rented points through david's and got to stay at the Beach Club and it we didn't have much trouble getting a reservation. I know availability depends on many factors but I'm just trying to get a general idea if possible for the GF. Would you say the GF is one of the harder resorts to get a dvc rental?

Not sure if this is a question anyone could actually have an answer to but...My wife and I are starting to think about visiting at the end of next year. It's going to be a special trip and since we've never stayed at the GF we wanted to at least try to stay there. Only way we could really afford it is by renting dvc points. My question is...how is the general availability for the GF when renting dvc points? Last time we rented points through david's and got to stay at the Beach Club and it we didn't have much trouble getting a reservation. I know availability depends on many factors but I'm just trying to get a general idea if possible for the GF. Would you say the GF is one of the harder resorts to get a dvc rental?
Scroll down to post 11 in this thread for an idea of VGF availability https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/
VGF is small and popular thus I would recommend that you begin your preparations (contact a broker or owner) before the 11 month availability window opens. DVC rental brokers can only get reservations for you during the home resort booking priority period (7-11 months) if they have an owner of VGF willing to rent. VGF studios are really in demand for the holidays particularly the first week of Dec..

Scroll down to post 11 in this thread for an idea of VGF availability https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/
VGF is small and popular thus I would recommend that you begin your preparations (contact a broker or owner) before the 11 month availability window opens. DVC rental brokers can only get reservations for you during the home resort booking priority period (7-11 months) if they have an owner of VGF willing to rent. VGF studios are really in demand for the holidays particularly the first week of Dec..

That's so much for pointing me towards that thread. Didn't know about that thread and it's very helpful! We typically plan way in advance and had success when we did our last dvc request before that 11 month mark. I had a feeling this resort would be very popular, especially during the holidays but we will most likely just give it a shot and have back up choices!

Hi everyone, we’re staying at GF for the first time in February. I’m curious if anyone knows, or even possibly has a photo of the TVs in the hotel rooms? Specifically the audio input/outputs. Our little guy will be 2 then and we’d like to watch tv through headphones while he’s asleep.

I can't answer your question, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF. Hopefully others will be able to help with your tv question :flower3:.

Just booked first week of November hoping pool weather will be great! Love GF pools.

Hope you have a great warm trip :wizard:.

We have been going in November since 2004, and I have to be honest, the weather is very unpredictable. For example, two years ago, we had GORGEOUS weather, swam almost every day, not a cloud in the sky! Last year, it started off nice, but the last 3 days we were FREEZING! (To the point I had on layers of shirts, along with a sweatshirt with a hood on!) November is tough to pack for, so I always bring a little of everything!! You never know!

Question for anyone who is currently at the GF or has just left- curious if anyone noticed the price of sunscreen at the hotel? DH and I are coming down in a few weeks for the GE preview and I want to avoid a checked bag so I'll have to buy on site. Thought about getting travel sized, but this pale blond irish blooded miss needs a big ol' bottle in the August sun lol

We have reservations for Hoop de Doo.... anyone know the best way to get there from the GF???

We like to take the monorail to the MK, then the boat to FW from there. You could also take the monorail to CR then the boat to FW. but that requires more walking than going to MK.
Agreed the first is definitely a faster option. The boat should also be bigger.

That said, I always like the second option because it gives me an opportunity to explore Bay View Gifts and the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile if I have enough time.

The last time I was at HDDR in April a CM at Fort Wilderness was telling guests we should all bus to Disney Springs and transfer to a bus to a MK resort to get back to our resorts because it was faster than the monorail. I was so confused why he was giving out this terrible information. I rode the empty boat back to the CR, boarded the monorail, and felt bad for all the guests that listened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter