(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for anyone who is currently at the GF or has just left- curious if anyone noticed the price of sunscreen at the hotel? DH and I are coming down in a few weeks for the GE preview and I want to avoid a checked bag so I'll have to buy on site. Thought about getting travel sized, but this pale blond irish blooded miss needs a big ol' bottle in the August sun lol

I can't help with the sunscreen, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

That said, I always like the second option because it gives me an opportunity to explore Bay View Gifts and the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile if I have enough time.

I like your thinking! I love both shops and that is a great excuse/easy way to visit them ::yes::.

Is anyone at the resort currently and noticed the new walkway construction? I was wondering how noticeable the noise level is in the Sago Cay building?

Hi everyone! If you’re considering staying club level at the main inn of the Grand Floridian (Royal Palm Club) I just posted a bunch of pics of our Theme Park View room and the RPC Lounge.

Here are two links with our TPV room pics:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60900156
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60900627
Here are two links with RPC Lounge pics:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60904478
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60904810
Enjoy :)

Question for anyone who is currently at the GF or has just left- curious if anyone noticed the price of sunscreen at the hotel? DH and I are coming down in a few weeks for the GE preview and I want to avoid a checked bag so I'll have to buy on site. Thought about getting travel sized, but this pale blond irish blooded miss needs a big ol' bottle in the August sun lol

I am so sorry I have looked at the sunscreen so many times but for the life of me I can't remember the price point. I don't remember it being horrible. You can call Sandy Cove, they are so sweet and I am sure they'll check the SPF #s for you and price.

Have a great trip

Is the Cinderella Promenade still happening? If so what time?

I had read it was stopped indefinitely due to refurbishments but that info may be out of date. Not visiting until late January 2020.

I bring travel sizes all the time. Target , RIteaid etc have lotion and sprays that are small(under 3 oz). What is nice is that I can keep them in my purse to touch up during the day and they are small enough to do that.

Otherwise just buy at any of the resorts or parks.

Is the Cinderella Promenade still happening? If so what time?

I had read it was stopped indefinitely due to refurbishments but that info may be out of date. Not visiting until late January 2020.
I did not see it in May. Not sure. That was with construction going on at Mizners.

Hi all! I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but we will be staying at GF in a few weeks! We've eaten at all the restaurants and visited several times, but have never stayed there before. We've booked an outer building, garden view room. I'd really love to have a nice view, and a balcony. Since we've never stayed here before, we will be spending very little time at the parks, and will be focusing on enjoying the hotel. Our budget likely won't allow us to stay there again anytime soon, so we want to make the most of it. For this reason, the room view is particularly important. Thanks for any advice on room requests. Thank you!!

Hi all! I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but we will be staying at GF in a few weeks! We've eaten at all the restaurants and visited several times, but have never stayed there before. We've booked an outer building, garden view room. I'd really love to have a nice view, and a balcony. Since we've never stayed here before, we will be spending very little time at the parks, and will be focusing on enjoying the hotel. Our budget likely won't allow us to stay there again anytime soon, so we want to make the most of it. For this reason, the room view is particularly important. Thanks for any advice on room requests. Thank you!!
The first time we stayed at GF our room wasn't ready and the CM at the front desk moved us to Big Pine Key, which had a great view of the Polynesian. I loved the view. :) The second time the only request I made was a nice view. We had a view of the lake from Conch Key. I've had good luck making my only request a nice view. :)

Do you not find out your room until check in time?

I ask because when we made the reservations (we were booking 6 rooms), the CM made a comment that since one of the rooms was considered "medical need" he was going to call the room assignment people at the GF while we were booking to ensure that the rooms were all going to be together. He came back and confirmed the reservations and said that we will be in one particular area in the hallway. One of the rooms was a theme park view so it would be on one side and the others were regular views and would/could be on the other side. The conversation sounded like he knew where we would be already.

But maybe not. Maybe the GF just agreed to ensure we are all in one block/area. I'm not going until November but would love to know where we might be.

Do you not find out your room until check in time?

I ask because when we made the reservations (we were booking 6 rooms), the CM made a comment that since one of the rooms was considered "medical need" he was going to call the room assignment people at the GF while we were booking to ensure that the rooms were all going to be together. He came back and confirmed the reservations and said that we will be in one particular area in the hallway. One of the rooms was a theme park view so it would be on one side and the others were regular views and would/could be on the other side. The conversation sounded like he knew where we would be already.

But maybe not. Maybe the GF just agreed to ensure we are all in one block/area. I'm not going until November but would love to know where we might be.

A block can be put on a certain room or rooms so that no other cast member can assign that room to someone else. It sounds as if that is what they did for you.

We have had a CM put a block on a room when we were traveling with family members who were checking in a day or more after us. The front desk staff kindly put a block on the room for us without us asking them to do it. :)

A block can be put on a certain room or rooms so that no other cast member can assign that room to someone else. It sounds as if that is what they did for you.

We have had a CM put a block on a room when we were traveling with family members who were checking in a day or more after us. The front desk staff kindly put a block on the room for us without us asking them to do it. :)

Just dying to know where we'll be!!

I am so sorry I have looked at the sunscreen so many times but for the life of me I can't remember the price point. I don't remember it being horrible. You can call Sandy Cove, they are so sweet and I am sure they'll check the SPF #s for you and price.

Have a great trip

That’s a great idea! Thank you!

I bring travel sizes all the time. Target , RIteaid etc have lotion and sprays that are small(under 3 oz). What is nice is that I can keep them in my purse to touch up during the day and they are small enough to do that.

Otherwise just buy at any of the resorts or parks.

I found travel spray at Walmart- 1.8 oz. I grabbed 2. Hopefully that’s enough for me and hubby! Thanks for the advice!

Enjoying the resort is a great idea as the atmosphere is beautiful and the overall vibe is relaxing. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Reactions: CJK
Going for my 4th GF stay this September (4th visit in 4 years) with my husband and 5 year old son. Treating ourselves to Club level for the first time - theme park view. Beyond excited is an understatement. One of my favorite GF cast members is Jerry, I have to take a picture with him each time

We were lucky to get the same room in Sago Cay the last 2 times. First floor facing the marina- loved sitting out there. Very quiet and relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter