2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way out to "Not Disney"- Six Flags New England- with the Middle School Band.

The new thread is ready to go IF NECESSARY. Don't post there unless this one gets to 250 pages and gets closed down. I will activate it tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!

Dee

Have a fun day Dee. Hopefully no rain while you are there. Congrats on going for the Meet in August.

LOL, I love that we can't *not* have a thread! It's there, waiting in the wings...

My curiosity is killing me... why would 2 adults & 2 kids need 2 rooms? I'm guessing it's because nobody will share a bed??? This is a very interesting scenario because technically you could put all 4 names on both rooms, right? So that would allow everyone lounge access.
As for the magic bands, I'm doubting they could program one band to open two different rooms which means everyone would need 2. But I'd love to hear how this turns out for you! Very interesting!!!!

I initially booked GV for just myself and my 2 kids with an awesome Orbitz deal and Disney Summer special. Now dad is coming for a few nights, and all of us in one room doesn't work out. He watches TV all night, we don't, plus 2 bathrooms is nice. In addition, he is not staying as many nights as we are so the cost isn't too bad. I would have booked a GV for him, and requested connecting or adjacent, but since this was a last minute decision, there were none of those rooms left. Technically we could all be on both rooms I guess, but when I booked it defaulted to my name since it was booked from my account, and I only added his. We'll just add the kids, and I'm going to request a hard key since I really don't want 2 magic bands for the kids to access the lounge. Too confusing with the tickets to have 2 bands!

Hi to all the awesome YC/BC experts!

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all might be able to answer...

What time do the buses/boats start running in the morning?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to MK, AK and DTD?
Is it realistic to think of walking to HS? Or is that just too far?
Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :yay:

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

We ate at B&C back in February, just walked in! This was around 2pm though (week of President's week)

Hi! I hope you love YC as much as we love BC! This will be our third stay there. I can help answer some of your questions...hopefully! I believe the busses begin running two hours before the parks open. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. It's about a 15 minute ride to MK, 17 minute ride to AK and about 25 minutes to DTD. These times are from BC so since the bus picks up at YC first, add about 5 minutes to those times.

We walked home from DHS once...it's about a mile. We actually beat the boat back. All of us were drinking slurpies so the drinks may have made the walk more refreshing. We also poked around BW and checked it out, which we had never done before....like checking out the pool, lobby, etc. I prefer taking the boat, but it's definitely walkable.

The pool is crazy crowded in the afternoon. There's no way to sugarcoat that one. You might be able to find one chair here and there, but dining a cluster of chairs together will prove to be difficult. NinjaMom has a brilliant suggestion...if the lounge chair has a resort issued towel on it and nothing else, move the towel and claim it as your own. Chair hogging is a nasty problem at SAB that we can't blame on good ol' Buzzy the Fly Guy.

Make a reservation at Beaches and Cream. Better to be safe than sorry. The Kitchen Sink is a must-do for our family on every trip.

Hope these help......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I initially booked GV for just myself and my 2 kids with an awesome Orbitz deal and Disney Summer special. Now dad is coming for a few nights, and all of us in one room doesn't work out. He watches TV all night, we don't, plus 2 bathrooms is nice. In addition, he is not staying as many nights as we are so the cost isn't too bad. I would have booked a GV for him, and requested connecting or adjacent, but since this was a last minute decision, there were none of those rooms left. Technically we could all be on both rooms I guess, but when I booked it defaulted to my name since it was booked from my account, and I only added his. We'll just add the kids, and I'm going to request a hard key since I really don't want 2 magic bands for the kids to access the lounge. Too confusing with the tickets to have 2 bands!

Are you planning on having a MB activated for the CL room for the kids and then a KTTW card for the GV room? Since the MB's have started, I thought that they did away with KTTW cards. Also from what I remember the elevator to the CL floor used a MB to swipe. Not sure if the elevator still uses the KTTW card, maybe someone who is there now can let us know for sure.

Hope it all works out for you.:)

Hi! I hope you love YC as much as we love BC! This will be our third stay there. I can help answer some of your questions...hopefully! I believe the busses begin running two hours before the parks open. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. It's about a 15 minute ride to MK, 17 minute ride to AK and about 25 minutes to DTD. These times are from BC so since the bus picks up at YC first, add about 5 minutes to those times.

We walked home from DHS once...it's about a mile. We actually beat the boat back. All of us were drinking slurpies so the drinks may have made the walk more refreshing. We also poked around BW and checked it out, which we had never done before....like checking out the pool, lobby, etc. I prefer taking the boat, but it's definitely walkable.

The pool is crazy crowded in the afternoon. There's no way to sugarcoat that one. You might be able to find one chair here and there, but dining a cluster of chairs together will prove to be difficult. NinjaMom has a brilliant suggestion...if the lounge chair has a resort issued towel on it and nothing else, move the towel and claim it as your own. Chair hogging is a nasty problem at SAB that we can't blame on good ol' Buzzy the Fly Guy.

Make a reservation at Beaches and Cream. Better to be safe than sorry. The Kitchen Sink is a must-do for our family on every trip.

Hope these help......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Catho72 You Rock! Thank you - these answers are super helpful for a YC/BC newbie!

We're outside of Chicago, as well! NW suburbs. Seeing snow on the way in to work this morning has me really looking forward to FL!

Thanks again!

Catho72 You Rock! Thank you - these answers are super helpful for a YC/BC newbie!

We're outside of Chicago, as well! NW suburbs. Seeing snow on the way in to work this morning has me really looking forward to FL!

Thanks again!

I will say the Yacht Club quiet pool was always empty!! One day I chose to go to that pool and it was a completely relaxing afternoon. I had a cocktail, laid by the pool, a great getaway from the crowds. :)

I live in Chicago, near downtown! :)

Thanks again!

I am in the south suburbs of Chicago. This weather is crazy. Softball cancelled once again. How can we go from needing the air on and the heat in the same week?

I am in the south suburbs of Chicago. This weather is crazy. Softball cancelled once again. How can we go from needing the air on and the heat in the same week?

Right! Softball cancelled x2 this week for us, too. It's absolutely nuts here! Seems like any warm-ish weather we've been blessed with was accompanied by Severe Thunderstorms or constant drizzle... After this last winter DH and I are discussing leaving this climate when the kids go off to college. Can't take this cold much longer!

Are you planning on having a MB activated for the CL room for the kids and then a KTTW card for the GV room? Since the MB's have started, I thought that they did away with KTTW cards. Also from what I remember the elevator to the CL floor used a MB to swipe. Not sure if the elevator still uses the KTTW card, maybe someone who is there now can let us know for sure.

Hope it all works out for you.:)

We already ordered our magic bands for the GV room, which is where we will be sleeping. Since we are paying for 2 rooms, and do not go over the occupancy of that CL room, we want to utilize the amenities of being CL (lounge). My children (one special needs, one young) will not be going to the CL without me. So unless we ALL have to scan our MB's in the elevator or at the lounge door (which I'm now thinking we don't), then I think my one MB for the CL room (that I won't be sleeping in) will suffice. I'm sure it will work out, it's just a logistics thing I was curious about. We can't be the only family that has ever booked 2 rooms at a resort and needed access to both rooms. In fact, I know we aren't. Just wasn't sure how the key situation worked or the lounge.

Hello fellow Chicagoans cantwaitvaca09, nharding20 and amg35! I know there are a few more suburban peeps on here too! I'm in Orland Park but grew up in the city. And yes, this weather definitely stinks! 19 days until we leave......I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!

Anyone currently at Y&BC or BCV- i am leaving tomorrow and have some groceries left over. Free for the taking: bottled waters, 1 gallon un-opened organic whole milk, dozen eggs and frozen breakfast sausage. I feel bad throwing it out. I'll be here until 11am at the villas. Please pm me if anyone is interested.

Sadly, I've had to cancel my upcoming birthday trip to WDW. natebenma, please remove me from the October 2013 YC list. :sad1:

However, I'm already planning my birthday trip for next year, and it's my 40th, so I'll be going all out and hope to stay at YC or BC! :dance3:

I had a horrible cold when I was in WDW about 7 weeks ago, but I was able to walk around BC and YC for the first time ever and even made a visit to Beaches & Cream! I LOVED the resorts, and I can't wait to stay there!

Hi - we have a RO for 2 nights at BC then on day 3 are moving to caribbean beach with FD. No tickets for our BC stay but does anyone know if I have to physically go to CBR on day 3 to activate my tickets and magic bands or can they do that for me at the BC?

1 hour before park opening.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter