2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We check into YC June 19th for our first stay there and I'm so excited! I've heard that nearly all YC rooms have a balcony. Does that mean I don't need to request one, or is there still a small chance I won't have a balcony? A balcony is very important to me because I wake up before the rest of my family and since we'll all be staying in one rom, I want to have somewhere to sit and relax without disturbing them. We have a GV room. Thanks in advance!

Hi! We check into YC June 19th for our first stay there and I'm so excited! I've heard that nearly all YC rooms have a balcony. Does that mean I don't need to request one, or is there still a small chance I won't have a balcony? A balcony is very important to me because I wake up before the rest of my family and since we'll all be staying in one rom, I want to have somewhere to sit and relax without disturbing them. We have a GV room. Thanks in advance!

There is a 99% chance that you will have a balcony since I think there is only one room that doesn't have one. :)

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all might be able to answer...

What time do the buses/boats start running in the morning?

1 hour before park opening.:thumbsup2

I am not sure about the answer to your question however I am so excited about your upcoming trip!!! You will love it!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just made my FP+ selections and checked into my room... :dance3:
Now I just have to wait until the end of school (bless my students, but they are driving me batty) to pack. Last year, I think I packed a month ahead of time. :rotfl2:

Hope your single digits are just around the corner too!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if you are staying in the CL do you need to do the 60 day advance online check in? Our situation is a little different as we are staying off property our first night and we will arrive at the YC very early. We will leave our luggage with bell services (or CL staff)?, check in, and head right to Epcot. Would online check in speed up this process, or should we rely on checking in with the CL when we get there?

Thank you!!!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if you are staying in the CL do you need to do the 60 day advance online check in? Our situation is a little different as we are staying off property our first night and we will arrive at the YC very early. We will leave our luggage with bell services (or CL staff)?, check in, and head right to Epcot. Would online check in speed up this process, or should we rely on checking in with the CL when we get there? Thank you!!!
We stayed at AOA last summer the night before our BC CL reservation. I did online check-in, and when we arrived at around 10am, someone from CL greeted us outside and took us up to the 5th floor to check in. Our room was ready and I had gotten my request of a full balcony too. We were in our room with our luggage within the hour and headed to Epcot! Not sure if we just got lucky or if online check in did the trick.

Hello fellow Chicagoans cantwaitvaca09, nharding20 and amg35! I know there are a few more suburban peeps on here too! I'm in Orland Park but grew up in the city. And yes, this weather definitely stinks! 19 days until we leave......I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!

Maybe Chicagoans appreciate the palm trees more? ;). Two weeks from today we leave and I can't stop daydreaming! Sending warm vibes to everyone in the Windy City...

We already ordered our magic bands for the GV room, which is where we will be sleeping. Since we are paying for 2 rooms, and do not go over the occupancy of that CL room, we want to utilize the amenities of being CL (lounge). My children (one special needs, one young) will not be going to the CL without me. So unless we ALL have to scan our MB's in the elevator or at the lounge door (which I'm now thinking we don't), then I think my one MB for the CL room (that I won't be sleeping in) will suffice. I'm sure it will work out, it's just a logistics thing I was curious about. We can't be the only family that has ever booked 2 rooms at a resort and needed access to both rooms. In fact, I know we aren't. Just wasn't sure how the key situation worked or the lounge.

I sent you a PM.

Nharding20, I'm in Chicago area too and LOVE FL palm trees and tropical plants! I get inspired to garden visiting WDW and seeing all the beautiful flowers and landscaping. I'm planning a floral "mickey head" for our yard this year.

Nharding20, I'm in Chicago area too and LOVE FL palm trees and tropical plants! I get inspired to garden visiting WDW and seeing all the beautiful flowers and landscaping. I'm planning a floral "mickey head" for our yard this year.

Tropical plants are so lovely- I wish we could grow them here! Pls post a pic of the Mickey Head you're planting when it's finished- I'm sure it will turn out well (and be a nice reminder of Disney). :)

Hey everyone. I need to know where the closest walgreens or drugstore is to YC. My dad forgot his pins that go on the end of his insulin pins. If they deliver that would be great.

Thanks so much!!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just made my FP+ selections and checked into my room... :dance3: Now I just have to wait until the end of school (bless my students, but they are driving me batty) to pack. Last year, I think I packed a month ahead of time. :rotfl2: Hope your single digits are just around the corner too!

Our 60 day mark is Monday!! I'm excited. I'm a little worried about booking FP+. We have 12 people. Did you think it was easy or difficult?

Hey everyone. I need to know where the closest walgreens or drugstore is to YC. My dad forgot his pins that go on the end of his insulin pins. If they deliver that would be great. Thanks so much!!!! Amber Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Try turnerdrug.com they deliver to disney

On my way out to "Not Disney"- Six Flags New England- with the Middle School Band.

The new thread is ready to go IF NECESSARY. Don't post there unless this one gets to 250 pages and gets closed down. I will activate it tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!

Dee

I survived Six Flags. The forecast had been calling for rain in Western Mass for Friday. It started pouring out on our way to the band competition, but fortunately by the time we got to the park, the rain had stopped and we only experienced a couple of short periods of rain while we were there. Nothing too bothersome.

I'll put a brief review of our day at Six Flags on my trip report later today.

I was also worried about Ben's outdoor birthday party yesterday afternoon, but although it rained all night and poured during the morning, it cleared up and was a beautiful day.

Now, with 5 teenagers asleep on my living room floor, I finally have some time to catch up here!

I'll go through the pages I have missed, answer any outstanding questions, or move them over to the new thread.

:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter