2014 candlelight processional

Pudge7

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard who some of the celebrities are for the candlelight processional or what dates those celebrities would be there??

Looking FORWARD to our December 4 night stay and doing the Candelight Processioanl Dinner Package!:):cool1:

HEARD GREAT THINGS about the Candlelight Processional!!!:thumbsup2

Anyone have any tips or comments?

Thanks as ALWAYS!:banana:

I was told July, but I'm not 100% sure.

That's when they released the schedule last year. I have already planned a couple diferent times in our week where CP dining package would fit in depending on which celebrity I want to see. Come June, I'm going to make duplicate ADRs on multiple days to make sure those are set first (Sci-Fi, Ohanas, Crystal Palace) and then I'll cancel the ones I don't need after I choose which CP date I want based on the narrator.

NEVER BEEN to Chef de France, but thinking of choosing that restaurant for the dinner package for Candelight Processional!

CANNOT WAIT to see the Candelight Processional!

I was also told JULY is when you can start booking for Candelight Processional Dinner Package! Our 4 night trip beginning of December will be FUN!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Looking FORWARD to our December 4 night stay and doing the Candelight Processioanl Dinner Package!:):cool1:

HEARD GREAT THINGS about the Candlelight Processional!!!:thumbsup2

Anyone have any tips or comments?

Thanks as ALWAYS!:banana:

Don't sit too close to the front. I made the mistake of sitting in the front row on the orchestra side, and when the orchestra sat down, We couldn't see the narrator very well. Sit about 5-10 rows back on the middle aisle!:rolleyes:

THANKS for the tip, LILJAN!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Did you do the Candelight Processional Dinner Package?

If so, what restaurant did you eat in? Were you pleased?

How did you enjoy the show? I have read such GREAT THINGS!
CANNOT WAIT! What a GREAT WAY to get in the Christmas Spirit!!!!!:santa::santa: Considering this is our FIRST TIME visiting WDW during the Holiday Season, CANNOT WAIT to see the Holiday Decorations!!!:santa:YAY!!!:thumbsup2:dance3:

In 2013 we had dinner in the Biergarten

I was skeptical, but I must say the food was excellent, the music and entertainment fun. The little kids and parents danced on the dance floor and they also had a German Christmas Storry teller there!

The storytellers tell the Christmas celebration stories from each country. They are great to see and ver interesting. We managed to see storytellers from Hanukkah, Italy, and Germany on this trip!:offtopic:

While browsing around getting more info on the Candlelight Processional for our December trip, I came upon this release of a few narrators for 2014:

Nov. 26-28: Isabella Rossellini

Nov. 29-Dec. 1: TBA

Dec. 2-4: Frank Langella

Dec. 5-6: TBA

Dec. 7-9: Jodi Benson

Dec. 10-11: Whoopi Goldberg

Dec. 12-15: Steven Curtis Chapman

Dec. 16-18: Thomas Gibson

Dec. 19-21: Trace Adkins

Dec. 22-23: Brad Garrett

Dec. 24-27: TBA

Dec. 28-30: Marlee Matlin with interpreter Jack Jason

The article can be found here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...elight-processional-narrators,0,6748471.story

While browsing around getting more info on the Candlelight Processional for our December trip, I came upon this release of a few narrators for 2014:

Nov. 26-28: Isabella Rossellini

Nov. 29-Dec. 1: TBA

Dec. 2-4: Frank Langella

Dec. 5-6: TBA

Dec. 7-9: Jodi Benson

Dec. 10-11: Whoopi Goldberg

Dec. 12-15: Steven Curtis Chapman

Dec. 16-18: Thomas Gibson

Dec. 19-21: Trace Adkins

Dec. 22-23: Brad Garrett

Dec. 24-27: TBA

Dec. 28-30: Marlee Matlin with interpreter Jack Jason

The article can be found here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...elight-processional-narrators,0,6748471.story

Sorry, that is an old list that keeps coming up in searches, it is actually from 2010. It was mistaken for a current list last year, too: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48838833&postcount=286

The article says that "Candlelight Processional event, which begins Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving..." but Thanksgiving this year is November 27.

Narrators don't get announced until closer to when the packages go on sale in July.

Sorry, that is an old list that keeps coming up in searches, it is actually from 2010. It was mistaken for a current list last year, too: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48838833&postcount=286

The article says that "Candlelight Processional event, which begins Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving..." but Thanksgiving this year is November 27.

Narrators don't get announced until closer to when the packages go on sale in July.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! I totally didn't notice that incorrect date. That actually makes me happy because I wasn't too excited about the name listed for our trip. LOL :)

First time going to the Show and Dinner Package...

Can't wait to hear about the Narrators!

The last time I spoke with MS, they said that the date has not been released yet as to when you can make the reservation for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package...

Anyone know anything further???:surfweb::confused:

Thanks!:)

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! I totally didn't notice that incorrect date. That actually makes me happy because I wasn't too excited about the name listed for our trip. LOL :)

Don't feel bad. That list from 2010 comes up every year because the date of the article defaults to the current year. I almost fell for it myself last year. ;)

I just added a day to our stay Nov 20- 29th. So we can attend the Candlelight Processional on Nov 28th!! I am sooo excited as i've never been for the Candlelight Processional before. :)
That is my 40th birthday weekend & I wanted to do something extra special to celebrate.
I'm wondering if my 15 yo & 5 yo will enjoy or is it something i should do with my husband?

I just added a day to our stay Nov 20- 29th. So we can attend the Candlelight Processional on Nov 28th!! I am sooo excited as i've never been for the Candlelight Processional before. :)
That is my 40th birthday weekend & I wanted to do something extra special to celebrate.
I'm wondering if my 15 yo & 5 yo will enjoy or is it something i should do with my husband?

Depends whether or not your kids would enjoy a half hour of traditional Christmas music being sung by an awesome choir. I'd suggest doing a quick peek at YouTube (example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbEYRyScRA). Don't watch the whole half hour show as you don't want to ruin the experience for yourself, but it'll give you an idea. I'd definitely recommend the dining package for lunch or dinner day of show that way you don't have to possibly wait hour(s) in order to get a seat since you will be going to one of the very first shows around a holiday (this link come July when they announce: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter