2014 candlelight processional

Sorry, meant to quote above poster asking about One Solitary Life:

Yes they did. Such a ruin to the show in my opinion.

Can someone help? We are going to be at Epcot on Friday the 19th. If we wanted to see the 5pm CP show and we don't have the CP dining how early do you all think we should get in line for the seats??
3 PM. That is still with sitting in the back.

My wife and I will be visiting DW during the Christmas-season for our first time next week, and we were able to snag a dining package res for Tepan Edo, for the 5pm show.

My wife is a very light eater, and I don't need a lot either. Given the descriptions of the meals I am fairly confident we would have plenty to eat with splitting one meal. Does anyone know if this is allowed with the dining package? It would save us a decent amount, given that the package is ~$60 there; and I hate to waste food.

My wife and I will be visiting DW during the Christmas-season for our first time next week, and we were able to snag a dining package res for Tepan Edo, for the 5pm show. My wife is a very light eater, and I don't need a lot either. Given the descriptions of the meals I am fairly confident we would have plenty to eat with splitting one meal. Does anyone know if this is allowed with the dining package? It would save us a decent amount, given that the package is ~$60 there; and I hate to waste food.

Everyone has to have the package to get the voucher for the show.

Everyone has to have the package to get the voucher for the show.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the information.
I think I will go ahead and cancel then; not sure if the cost is worth it with as little value as we would get from the food.

Sorry, meant to quote above poster asking about One Solitary Life: Yes they did. Such a ruin to the show in my opinion.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. It is sad seeing a company as strong as Disney caving to political correctness (same reason they got rid of Fife and Drum in my opinion). Not what Walt would want, that's for sure. I think the legal (risk management) folks are going too far and forgetting who the real loyal fans are. I still like going to WDW but it has lost a lot of the Disney difference for me. It's more of a big and usually warm resort to get away from the cold up north. I certainly no longer talk up Disney to others like I used to, and I don't care about going to parks anymore. Sad really. I have a feeling there are a lot of folks that feel the same way but Disney probably figures there are enough of others that don't.

My wife and I will be visiting DW during the Christmas-season for our first time next week, and we were able to snag a dining package res for Tepan Edo, for the 5pm show. My wife is a very light eater, and I don't need a lot either. Given the descriptions of the meals I am fairly confident we would have plenty to eat with splitting one meal. Does anyone know if this is allowed with the dining package? It would save us a decent amount, given that the package is ~$60 there; and I hate to waste food.
No, it is not allowed. Buffets are a bad deal for me too, I can't eat much at once, but you are each buying the experience....the total package, if you will.

Does anyone know if Disney left out One Solitary Life again out of Candlelight Processional? Didn't go last year, and didn't go this year.

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" (I mistakenly posted "What Child is This?" previously) and "One Solitary Life" are still missing, unfortunately. The cast member I spoke with about this would have us believe the changes "improve the flow" of the program.

Also, my observation, having attended four difference Candlelight Processionals this year, is that for the most popular narrators, such as Whoopi Goldberg, it is next to impossible to get ANY seating. The line for Dining Package holders for the 5:00 show stretched all the way to FRANCE on Friday, December 6th, so I doubt anyone got in without it. If they did, the wait must have been at least TWO HOURS in the stand-by line. And BTW, there is no seating preference for disabled guests without the DP, either. However, for the other three shows we attended, all at 8:15, there were seats still available a few minutes before show time.

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" (I mistakenly posted "What Child is This?" previously) and "One Solitary Life" are still missing, unfortunately. The cast member I spoke with about this would have us believe the changes "improve the flow" of the program.

Also, my observation, having attended four difference Candlelight Processionals this year, is that for the most popular narrators, such as Whoopi Goldberg, it is next to impossible to get ANY seating. The line for Dining Package holders for the 5:00 show stretched all the way to FRANCE on Friday, December 6th, so I doubt anyone got in without it. If they did, the wait must have been at least TWO HOURS in the stand-by line. And BTW, there is no seating preference for disabled guests without the DP, either. However, for the other three shows we attended, all at 8:15, there were seats still available a few minutes before show time.

Too much gone-too much changed at this one park for this one season.

One Solitary Life removed because they got complaints it was "too Christian". What? It's the story if the birth of Christ!

2015 Illuminations Holiday Postscript shortened and far less shells.

Lights of Winter-Hubsters last straw

EPCOT tree on platform stage and many characters for tree lighting ceremony.

Flower beds beyond the fountain at entrance filled with white light peace doves and giant white light Christmas balls.

Ok, cue Babs and "The Way We Were". All of this to save $$$ when Disney is breaking $$$ records.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. We are removing Christmas Decorations and Shows for your future enjoyment". Yea. We don 't buy it either.

http://youtu.be/9IyDW1vasTI

Now THIS was a tree lighting.....from 2007

Illuminations Holiday Postscript. 2014 ..... Reworked to shorten/cost less with fewer shells

http://youtu.be/FQrrMkkwilE

Illuminations Holiday Postscript 2013 more- more-more and Big Walter!

http://youtu.be/8bce__br-qI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter