2014 candlelight processional

[

Poor me - I was hoping for Edward James Olmos over Chita Rivera, but such is life. I cancelled the dining package already because the new higher price didn't make sense with no reserved viewing of Illuminations (I'm not cool with less for more - this fact would be void if I was going during NPH of course!). I'll enjoy the show from the outside if needbe. Totally loved watching Night Ranger at last years F&W from the distance.

I HEAR YOU! Not loving the fact either that '14 CP package is more expensive and Disney has removed the Illuminations viewing area from the package!:(:(
When I questioned two different MS agents, the response was that it is available as a FP! Who wants to have to USE A FP when it was included in previous years! NOT RIGHT!

I cancelled the dining package already because the new higher price didn't make sense with no reserved viewing of Illuminations

I HEAR YOU! Not loving the fact either that '14 CP package is more expensive and Disney has removed the Illuminations viewing area from the package!:(:(
When I questioned two different MS agents, the response was that it is available as a FP! Who wants to have to USE A FP when it was included in previous years! NOT RIGHT!

The CP package hasn't always included the IllumiNations viewing area, and unfortunately, prices do go up

I imagine the illuminations viewing spots were removed because people were having a hard time making it to the different locations and would often complain after the 3rd show that they did not have enough time with the crowds to make it to their assigned viewing.

I imagine the illuminations viewing spots were removed because people were having a hard time making it to the different locations and would often complain after the 3rd show that they did not have enough time with the crowds to make it to their assigned viewing.
I'm under the impression that the area used for viewing in years past is now the FP+ area. So there isn't a place to offer viewing this year.

I'm under the impression that the area used for viewing in years past is now the FP+ area. So there isn't a place to offer viewing this year.

There are several other areas that can be used as viewing. I also believe illuminations fp+ was around last holiday season but only in testing.

Jodi Benson November 28 and 29, 2014
Neil Patrick Harris November 30 to December 2, 2014
Jonathan Groff (NEW!) December 3 and 4, 2014
Whoopi Goldberg December 5 and 6, 2014
LeVar Burton December 7 to December 9, 2014
Edward James Olmos December 10 to December 11, 2014
Joe Morton December 12 to December 14, 2014
Chita Rivera December 15 to December 17, 2014
Ana Gasteyer (NEW!) December 18 to December 20, 2014
Marlee Matlin December 21 to December 23, 2014
Isabella Rossellini December 24 and 25, 2014
Blair Underwood December 26 and 27, 2014
Steven Curtis Chapman December 28 to December 30, 2014

We were planning for an Epcot day on the 5th & 11th...I think we'll go with Whoopi! Really excited :)

Jodi Benson November 28 and 29, 2014
Neil Patrick Harris November 30 to December 2, 2014
Jonathan Groff (NEW!) December 3 and 4, 2014
Whoopi Goldberg December 5 and 6, 2014
LeVar Burton December 7 to December 9, 2014
Edward James Olmos December 10 to December 11, 2014
Joe Morton December 12 to December 14, 2014
Chita Rivera December 15 to December 17, 2014
Ana Gasteyer (NEW!) December 18 to December 20, 2014
Marlee Matlin December 21 to December 23, 2014
Isabella Rossellini December 24 and 25, 2014
Blair Underwood December 26 and 27, 2014
Steven Curtis Chapman December 28 to December 30, 2014

We were planning for an Epcot day on the 5th & 11th...I think we'll go with Whoopi! Really excited :)

CAN'T WAIT! YAY!:santa::woohoo:

Last year the song "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and the "One Solitary Life" part of the narration were inexplicably dropped from the Candlelight Processional.

This year, Walter Cronkite and the Harlem Boys Choir were replaced in the holiday finale of Illuminations. Also, the narrator has changed to an unknown woman who also reads the part which had been done by Mr. Cronkite. The choir now sounds like a group of 8-year old girls, and while they're not bad, there's no comparison to the Harlem Boys Choir.

On a positive note, the female narrator now identifies, in turn, each country representing the language in which "Peace on earth, good will toward men" is spoken, as the corresponding pavilion in World Showcase is illuminated.

Also, after viewing Holiday Illuminations twice so far this year, it appears the grand finale has cut back on the percussion shells in favor of more "sparkle" (for lack of a better description). It is still spectacular, however.

Also, as has been mentioned previously, admission to the preferred viewing area is no longer included in the Candlelight Dining Package, however is available as a 1st tier Fastpass+, which means you'd have to give up Soarin' or Test Track, among others to get it.

Overall, I still enjoy "Holidays Around the World" at EPCOT, but it seems every year we are being given less and asked to pay more.

I can't believe they changed the finale of illuminations! That upsets me beyond belief. The finale was the highlight of our trip, and now it's gone!

Last year the song "What Child is This?" and the "One Solitary Life" part of the narration were inexplicably dropped from the Candlelight Processional.

This year, Walter Cronkite and the Harlem Boys Choir were replaced in the Holiday add-on of Illuminations. Also, the narrator has changed to an unknown female who also reads the part which had been done by Mr. Cronkite. The choir now sounds like a group of 8-year old girls, and while they're not bad, there's no comparison to the Harlem Boys Choir.

On a positive note, the female narrator now identifies, in turn, each country representing the language in which "Peace on earth, good will toward men" is spoken, as the corresponding pavilion in World Showcase is illuminated.

Also, after viewing Holiday Illuminations twice so far this year, it appears the grand finale has cut back on the percussion shells in favor of more "sparkle" (for lack of a better description). It is still spectacular, however.

Also, as has been mentioned previously, admission to the preferred viewing area is no longer included in the Candlelight Dining Package, however is available as a 1st tier Fastpass+, which means you'd have to give up Soarin' and Test Track, among others to get it.

Overall, I still enjoy "Holidays Around the World" at EPCOT, but it seems every year we are being given less and asked to pay more.

I was NOT HAPPY:sad: when I first heard that the preferred viewing area was
REMOVED from the package...Package price was INCREASED but GUESTS get less???:eek::eek::mad:

CAN'T WAIT FOR CP!:santa::dance3:

I was NOT HAPPY:sad: when I first heard that the preferred viewing area was
REMOVED from the package...Package price was INCREASED but GUESTS get less???:eek::eek::mad:

The preferred viewing area is a very recent addition to the package - I last did the package in 2007 and it wasn't included then. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it was only included for 2 or 3 years.

So if you have the dining package, does it just mean you are guaranteed a seat, just not the best seats?
Just want to make sure it's worth keeping the package. Thanks!

Has anyone actually used the Disney Visa card discount at Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional package? Or has anyone verified with Disney that this information is correct? (It was in the DV newsletter, but I have never known Disney to offer a discount on CP packages...) Thanks.

So if you have the dining package, does it just mean you are guaranteed a seat, just not the best seats?
Just want to make sure it's worth keeping the package. Thanks!

The package is EXPENSIVE imo...
These packages were practically sold out right when they opened up booking in July...
I understand that the CP Package GUARANTEES you a seat!
ENJOY!:thumbsup2 CANNOT WAIT!YAY!:)

I don't think you are guaranteed a seat if you get there too late. They open the area up to other people at a certain time.

Can someone help? We are going to be at Epcot on Friday the 19th. If we wanted to see the 5pm CP show and we don't have the CP dining how early do you all think we should get in line for the seats??

Has anyone actually used the Disney Visa card discount at Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional package? Or has anyone verified with Disney that this information is correct? (It was in the DV newsletter, but I have never known Disney to offer a discount on CP packages...) Thanks.
That's where we used the CP package last year with Disney visa and I'm pretty sure we got NO discount.

Does anyone know if Disney left out One Solitary Life again out of Candlelight Processional? Didn't go last year, and didn't go this year.

Has anyone actually used the Disney Visa card discount at Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional?

Yes. I used the disney visa discount at Biergarten lunch on 12/2/14. Received 10% off candlelight package. FYI, my Tables in Wonderland discount was refused because the package was considered a special event, but the visa discount was honored because "Chase promotes the candlelight processional" according to my server.

Also, the package line for the show was back to Morocco at T-35 minutes. We ended up about 2/3 of the way back in the theatre. Seats were fine but not the best. Wish my server hadn't said that 15-20 minutes was adequate.

Yes. I used the disney visa discount at Biergarten lunch on 12/2/14. Received 10% off candlelight package. FYI, my Tables in Wonderland discount was refused because the package was considered a special event, but the visa discount was honored because "Chase promotes the candlelight processional" according to my server. Also, the package line for the show was back to Morocco at T-35 minutes. We ended up about 2/3 of the way back in the theatre. Seats were fine but not the best. Wish my server hadn't said that 15-20 minutes was adequate.
We were also misled on how much time we would need to get good seats last year. We were also waaaaaaay back there.
I'm glad you got the CP visa discount at Biergarten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter