2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

For anyone who was going to follow Jeff Galloway's official training program for the 10K, and/or Dumbo Double Dare, today is day 1! I personally started yesterday and I'm modifying it with the app he has available through lolo on my iPhone. It's pretty much the same except it has an extra day per week (usually just a walk to keep you moving). The road to Labor Day Weekend is getting shorter and shorter ;)

Hi all, I'm in for the Dumbo Double. I'm also getting my second coast to coast so I will be all blinged out! This is my first back to back race so I'm a little nervous, but I just ran the WDW marathon in Jan so I'm hoping that I can keep my training going. So excited to be coming "home" to Disneyland, I miss it so much! Are any of you guys doing anything else while in town? We have a side trip to Catalina Island planned, I'd love any other ideas too.

I got you added to the front page ;) How exciting to be getting another C2C! I'm a little envious, lol. I wish I had any other ideas for you. When I came on vacation here, Disneyland was literally my only destination. Now I've lived here for two years and I haven't the slightest idea on what else to do in SoCal. I'm just relaxing at the pool once I'm done with my run.

I'm doing DDD too and getting my C2C after doing the GSC at PHM. My kids are 5 and 7, so we're doing side trips to Legoland and Huntington Beach. Have a great trip!
Legoland is great for your kids ages! I'm sure you guys will have a great time there. I used to live 20 minuets from there so I'd take my kids there all the time. Last time we did the coast to coast we went to the Santa Monica pier and spent the night on the Queen Mary ship. I love doing different things while out there, of course I have to take a couple days to visit the mouse too! :)

How is training going for everyone? I did my first Color Run a week or so ago but haven't had much time for anything else because of work and Grad Nites.

Spilled nail polish remover on my laptop as well so I can't get on the Dis very much, lol.

Ran my FIRST half Marathon yesterday! Capitola Half Marathon!! 3:10 official time, with all the hills I couldn't out my training to good use, but I loved it!!

How is training going for everyone? I did my first Color Run a week or so ago but haven't had much time for anything else because of work and Grad Nites.

Spilled nail polish remover on my laptop as well so I can't get on the Dis very much, lol.

I recovered super well from my compartment syndrome operation, and started the first week of my C25K program a few weeks ago. The second run felt awesome and I was thrilled to be back! Unfortunately I only got through the first 2 workouts before I was plagued by problems with my gall bladder. A week later I had it taken out, and am in my second week of recovery from that. All going well, I plan to start my training program again next week. And cross my fingers that I don't need to be hospitalised again between now and the run!

Count me in for the DLH. Getting my C2C after completing the PHM! Traveling solo and only been to DL once for a day trip so I'll have lots of questions. :)

I'm in for the Disneyland 1/2. :thumbsup2

It will be my first 1/2 marathon, my first trip to Disneyland, and my first trip solo to a Disney park. Lots of firsts!! :goodvibes

I think I got everyone updated!

I'm in for the Disneyland 1/2. :thumbsup2

It will be my first 1/2 marathon, my first trip to Disneyland, and my first trip solo to a Disney park. Lots of firsts!! :goodvibes

Congrats on taking the leap and signing up for your first half! No better place to do it than the Happiest Place on Earth, right? I hope it adds to the experience of your first visit. How long will you be staying for? Are you staying on property?

Count me and my DH in for the 1/2 Marathon. First Coast to Coast for us!

How exciting! Which event is/was the WDW half of your C2C?

Hi Belle Ella, could you please add me to the list for the DDD?

Thanks!

Andy

You've got it!

Count me in for the DLH. Getting my C2C after completing the PHM! Traveling solo and only been to DL once for a day trip so I'll have lots of questions. :)

We are here to help with any and all questions! You'll find a lot of Disneyland vets around here and lots of others on their first (or close to it) visit who probably have the same questions.

I recovered super well from my compartment syndrome operation, and started the first week of my C25K program a few weeks ago. The second run felt awesome and I was thrilled to be back! Unfortunately I only got through the first 2 workouts before I was plagued by problems with my gall bladder. A week later I had it taken out, and am in my second week of recovery from that. All going well, I plan to start my training program again next week. And cross my fingers that I don't need to be hospitalised again between now and the run!

Glad to hear you were at least able to start your training again, despite the other setbacks since. Hopefully next week you can pick it all back up. Are you still blogging? This whole no computer thing has made it hard for me to follow along :( I will send good thoughts your way!

Ran my FIRST half Marathon yesterday! Capitola Half Marathon!! 3:10 official time, with all the hills I couldn't out my training to good use, but I loved it!!

I think the fact that you ran your first half means you definitely put your training to good use, hills and all. Glad to hear you loved it!

Glad to hear you were at least able to start your training again, despite the other setbacks since. Hopefully next week you can pick it all back up. Are you still blogging? This whole no computer thing has made it hard for me to follow along :( I will send good thoughts your way!

Yep, I'm still trying to keep my blog up to date. Thanks for the good vibes :goodvibes

I'm doing the half, don't think I ever put myself on the list :goodvibes

First runDisney event and first Half. Completed my second 15K today as a training run.

Has anyone ever bought a bib off someone on here or on facebooks half marathon page that they didn't know? If so how did you guarantee they weren't scamming u and never had a bib in the first place. I want to buy one for my sister and brother in law but I am scared I will get swindled

I'm doing the half, don't think I ever put myself on the list :goodvibes

First runDisney event and first Half. Completed my second 15K today as a training run.

You're well on your way! I was crazy and had never run more than 3 miles before I ran my first half, so way to go! I also got you added to the list of our runners!

You're well on your way! I was crazy and had never run more than 3 miles before I ran my first half, so way to go! I also got you added to the list of our runners!

Impressive, or crazy :) getting there, farthest run so far is a little over 10 but I've got 3 months to up that. The question is how far is enough? 12, 14, 17? What is the right pre half number? Is there one?

I just started running a little over a year ago so it's all pretty new still. Have done a 10k, 12k, 8k and two 15k's so far. Currently signed up for one more 10k In June and eyeing another 8k in July, and a 10k in August but haven't pulled the trigger on those. I'd actually prefer another 15 but they are harder to find.

I've considered doing a different half first, for training but really come back to wanting my first to be at Disney.

What I really should do is speed work but.. I kind of hate it. Lol :)

Impressive, or crazy :) getting there, farthest run so far is a little over 10 but I've got 3 months to up that. The question is how far is enough? 12, 14, 17? What is the right pre half number? Is there one?

I just started running a little over a year ago so it's all pretty new still. Have done a 10k, 12k, 8k and two 15k's so far. Currently signed up for one more 10k In June and eyeing another 8k in July, and a 10k in August but haven't pulled the trigger on those. I'd actually prefer another 15 but they are harder to find.

I've considered doing a different half first, for training but really come back to wanting my first to be at Disney.

What I really should do is speed work but.. I kind of hate it. Lol :)

I will stick with crazy ;)

You've already done so well if you only started a year ago. Are you following any particular running plan? If not, you might want to look into Jeff Galloways official training plan for the Disneyland Half (see if this link here works for you at all. His plan gets you up to mile 14 a couple weeks before the actual half and then let's you recover a little bit. I keep telling myself I'm going to follow an actual plan one of these years and be smart about it but then I keep letting work get in the way.

So this morning runDisney finally started hinting at the new Star Wars Half Marathon coming to us in January 2015. Their twitter/Facebook/Instagram accounts have been posting a couple of images/videos, etc. so far (before I leave for work) the only actual information we know is it will be January 15-18 (Tink's old weekend). Waiting for more info, especially the location which my sources say should be Disneyland!

Editing to add that I have created another check in for the Star Wars Half weekend, and you can find it here!

I will stick with crazy ;)

You've already done so well if you only started a year ago. Are you following any particular running plan? If not, you might want to look into Jeff Galloways official training plan for the Disneyland Half (see if this link here works for you at all. His plan gets you up to mile 14 a couple weeks before the actual half and then let's you recover a little bit. I keep telling myself I'm going to follow an actual plan one of these years and be smart about it but then I keep letting work get in the way.

It's funny, I was just mapping this out yesterday.

Thanks. I do kind of a modified Galloway, it's a hybrid of his experienced runners finish in the upright and the experienced runners time improvement. I realize that might sound a bit silly to be using the experienced runners versions but it is what works best for me, the other wasn't giving me the workouts I wanted. Although I only started running a year ago I was doing other things so switching to running 3 of my workout days impacted my cardio and I wanted to ensure that stayed relatively level.

Basically I do 2 days of the time improvement version for my weekday maintenance runs (45 min-ish, which is around 4-5 miles) and then 6m or more for my long runs, just ramping myself up to whatever goal I think I need by scheduled races. I really should do some speedwork as I would like to hit a certain time goal for the half, but I really don't enjoy it so rarely rarely do it. I will get my miles up to at least 14 before then, not really worried about it, question will be if I decide to go farther than that which is what the time improvement plan calls for. For me sticking to his plans too "exactly" doesn't work as well as I'd like with my overall workout goals. For example if I look at the time improvement one, I'm basically on week 7 as I had a 15K on Sunday and an 8K the week before and did a long run of 10.5 miles the week before that. But if I backtrack and shorten the long runs, he wants me to do speedwork, and that speedwork is less time spent on cardio than I want for my long run days and the idea of running around a track or exactly figuring out the 800 meter mark on a trail is.... Bleh.

But most other plans call for 4 days of running and since I cross train 2, that just doesn't work for me either.

I kind of figure if I just keep doing what I am doing and, at a minimum get up to 14 or longer for my long run by 8/9 or 8/16 I will be fine. It's worked out pretty well so far. My guess is I'll do something like this for my long run schedule.

6/1: 6 miles (have some blister/callus issues so this could change, see a podiatrist on the 4th)
6/8: 8 miles
6/15: 10 miles
6/21: 10K race
6/29: 6 miles
7/6: 11 miles
7/13: 6 miles
7/20: 12 miles
7/26: possible 8k race, not registered yet. If we don't do it, I may do 13 this week and 6 the next.
8/3: 13 miles
8/10: 14-17 miles. 14 for sure, more will be entirely mood dependent.
8/16: possible 10K race, not registered yet
8/24: 5 miles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter