2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Subscribing to this thread. So excited for F&W! Will have to eat light this month in anticipation. :blush: I try not to indulge in alcoholic drinks very often because I'm trying to lose some weight, but love Moscato so I know where I'll be first!

If you are talking about food demos and/or beverage seminars, tickets will be issued the day of the 'deminar'. The procedure has been the same for the past couple years.

You have paid for it in advance using your name and how many tickets you purchased.

On the day of the deminar you will go to the Festival Welcome Center. There will be stands set up down the ramp and to the left. Usually two. You just need to give the CM your identification (drivers license) and the name of the event and time. The CM will then give you hard tickets, as many as you ordered for that event. No names are needed, just the person that booked or whose name is on the initial reservation. You can get your tickets at any time of the day. Give yourself at least a half hour if you wait until close to the event. Lines can get long and time consuming if there is a problem.

This is the way it has been done for several years now. If it changes this year we will all have to learn the new way.
....thanks for the info...:thumbsup2

....BTW, good to know about those long lines.

....can you only get your 'hard' tickets the day of, or can you get them in advance? We have plans to spend the day at DHS on the Wednesday that we are there and aren't going to the F&WF until Thursday, but we will be eating dinner at either The Yachtsman or Flying Fish Cafe [early Wednesday evening], so I will be in the vicinity....

I purchased a Culinary Demonstration. It is on MDE in my dining reservations. I assume that we do not need a hard ticket. Can MagicBands be used for entry?

Uh oh. Does the person really need to be there themselves to pick up the ticket or can I send someone with the confirmation number? I bought my mom aunt and cousin a beverage seminar as a surprise- my mom doesn't even know that my cousin and aunt will be there, it's entirely a surprise, I'm leaving early that morning. When I booked it on the phone the CM said that wouldn't be a problem as long as someone had the confirmation number. Was she wrong?

I purchased a Culinary Demonstration. It is on MDE in my dining reservations. I assume that we do not need a hard ticket. Can MagicBands be used for entry?

Unless it's different this year, which I doubt, you will just pick up a little paper ticket at the Festival Center on the day of your demonstration. So stop by earlier in the day or at least allow some time, in case there is a line.

Uh oh. Does the person really need to be there themselves to pick up the ticket or can I send someone with the confirmation number? I bought my mom aunt and cousin a beverage seminar as a surprise- my mom doesn't even know that my cousin and aunt will be there, it's entirely a surprise, I'm leaving early that morning. When I booked it on the phone the CM said that wouldn't be a problem as long as someone had the confirmation number. Was she wrong?

I've never tried it that way but hopefully someone can give you a positive response. Don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

So I know it's still a year away, but combine the fact that I am an obsessive planner with the fact that this is my VERY FIRST WDW TRIP, (dream come true) I've got to ask. When does Disney typically announce dates for the next year's F&W Fest?

I'm planning the trip for September, 2015.

I notice this year's festivities were longer than previous years and started a week early. I'm looking to book a combined Birthday/Anniversary trip and am willing to delay it by a week or two if it means we get to see F&W!

For the past several years, the F&WF information release has begun in June/July, with special event schedules coming out in late July/August. However, with the way the resorts have been filling up, I would recommend making that reservation as soon as possible. Late September (last week) would be a safe bet. I'm not sure I would plan on the extra week next year, but if it is crowded that week this year, they will likely, maybe, start mid-September next year too. Which special events are offered at that time may be iffy though. Events go full swing in October. DW is good about date changes with resort reservations too, if there is availability.

Obsessive planning is good for this event. You will need to call for special event reservations THE FIRST MINUTE POSSIBLE or chance not getting something you wanted. Keep an eye on these boards and other blogs; rumors will start a month or so before DW releases F&WF info. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Your best bet would be to talk to guest services, in person, on one of the days you are there too. Either in the EPCOT guest services area, or the Festival Center information desk. Anything over the phone is likely to be CM opinion. Festival Center information should be able to handle it. :thumbsup2

Subscribing to this thread. So excited for F&W! Will have to eat light this month in anticipation. :blush: I try not to indulge in alcoholic drinks very often because I'm trying to lose some weight, but love Moscato so I know where I'll be first!

No need to feel guilty! With all the walking you will be doing around Future World, you can indulge a bit (or a lot)! :goodvibes Calories don't count on vacation!

We were scheduled for Friday - Monday at DW, going Friday til 3 at Epcot, then to MNSSHP, then MK Saturday, Epcot Sunday, and HS Monday before we fly home. We've now changed to Saturday also at Epcot (since we can hit MK during the Halloween party.

Are we nuts? Lol!

We were scheduled for Friday - Monday at DW, going Friday til 3 at Epcot, then to MNSSHP, then MK Saturday, Epcot Sunday, and HS Monday before we fly home. We've now changed to Saturday also at Epcot (since we can hit MK during the Halloween party.

Are we nuts? Lol!

If you can swing Monday at EP, it will be less crazy. Weekends during F&W at EP are extra special nuts. :headache:

We'll be at Wdw from the 21-27 of September! Food and wine was definitely a huge factor into why I booked when I did. Hoping to be at epcot the Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Looking forward to seeing some of the eat to the beat shows too! See you soon Rick Springfield!:rotfl:

I just read he's not playing, that he got a movie role. Looks like the commodores replaced him. I'm not 100% sure though.

The Late Nights Live! page now shows the event taking place only on Thursdays. I'm booked for a Tuesday. Has anyone heard anything about them cancelling the Tuesdays? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-late-nights-live/

It says Thursdays, but when you click on the calendar you CAN select BOTH Tue and Thur... But when I tried there was no availability on any Tue now through early Nov -- but I COULD get an early Nov Thurs ADR. Could Tue be sold out?? Maybe worth calling to check...

It appears all Tuesday parties are sold out. It is unable to find availability for any of them, yet a reservation pops right up if you check Thursdays.

I doubt the Tuesday ones have been cancelled, just probably a more popular booking for the Premium Package. If you start one of those on a Thursday you have to wait until the next week to use your premium areas and I think the jury is still out as to whether or not Disney has confirmed they actually carry over into the next week. If they have been cancelled then those with Tuesday reservations should be hearing about it soon.

Is there a list anywhere out there that shows which foods at each booth can be counted as a snack credit on the DDP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter