2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

With F&W starting in a little over two weeks, do we have any information on allergies and what they can substitute/not sub out for those with Celiac's/Dairy Intolerance/Peanut Allergies?

If that's on a different post and already chronicles, can we please update the front post to reflect a link?

With F&W starting in a little over two weeks, do we have any information on allergies and what they can substitute/not sub out for those with Celiac's/Dairy Intolerance/Peanut Allergies?

If that's on a different post and already chronicles, can we please update the front post to reflect a link?

...interested person here too....:wave:

From memory at past Festival at Epcot-the food is cooked in a chafing dish or being grilled- when you order, the people scoop it, plate it , whatever
They are basically servers- not chefs, so I doubt substitutions can be made ( there is no kitchen there with other ingredients)

With F&W starting in a little over two weeks, do we have any information on allergies and what they can substitute/not sub out for those with Celiac's/Dairy Intolerance/Peanut Allergies? If that's on a different post and already chronicles, can we please update the front post to reflect a link?

Looking at the menus, there were quite a few with "(gluten free)". I don't know about dairy and peanuts. I have no clue about substitutions.

My wife is interested in going to a few culinary demos when we are there. Can anyone tell us if we need to make reservations for them or if there are long lines to wait to get in to then demo? Thank you.

If you mean the deminars you probaly want to make reservations since some sell out fast, they make you pay then and there on phone and they are $15.

So I know it's still a year away, but combine the fact that I am an obsessive planner with the fact that this is my VERY FIRST WDW TRIP, (dream come true) I've got to ask. When does Disney typically announce dates for the next year's F&W Fest?

I'm planning the trip for September, 2015.

I notice this year's festivities were longer than previous years and started a week early. I'm looking to book a combined Birthday/Anniversary trip and am willing to delay it by a week or two if it means we get to see F&W!

So I know it's still a year away, but combine the fact that I am an obsessive planner with the fact that this is my VERY FIRST WDW TRIP, (dream come true) I've got to ask. When does Disney typically announce dates for the next year's F&W Fest?

I'm planning the trip for September, 2015.

I notice this year's festivities were longer than previous years and started a week early. I'm looking to book a combined Birthday/Anniversary trip and am willing to delay it by a week or two if it means we get to see F&W!

I haven't seen the dates for the 2015 Food & Wine Festival. One can 'assume', always iffy, that it will be at least the last weekend in September, based on recent years. But look what they did this year!

I would suggest you try to wait until the end of September if that is the month you want to travel. I say this because it will be the 20th Anniversary of the Festival so I imagine there will be some special items and events. Not sure, not written in stone ... just a guess.

Hi everyone. I am so excited to go to my first F&W at the end of October. Staying at YC for second time so I can walk in easily. Also my first MNSSHP visit.

First time doing Disney this time of year. If we plan on doing Food & Wine for lunch and dinner, how many stops should we expect to make? Seems like if you try to make dinner out of the booths it could get expensive buying enough to fill you up.

If you mean the deminars you probaly want to make reservations since some sell out fast, they make you pay then and there on phone and they are $15.

....I already booked one and did pay for it in advance [for the four of us]...will we be issued tickets? How will they now that we've already paid? My DH and I will have Mickey Bands, but our friends won't....:confused3 Will it be attached to our bands?

I know I've read that in previous years that snack credits could be used for food at the kiosks. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this? I understand that until the festival starts we probably won't know what is or isn't covered by snack credits, but I'd like to get an idea of what I may expect.

I know I've read that in previous years that snack credits could be used for food at the kiosks. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this? I understand that until the festival starts we probably won't know what is or isn't covered by snack credits, but I'd like to get an idea of what I may expect.

....I'm not completely sure about this either, but we have the DDP too, and what I was planning on doing was to 'share' the snacks so that we could taste more of them. We typically aren't 'snackers', so we've kind of decided that we will use all the snack credits at the F&WF.....

Basically one food item = one snack credit. It's not guaranteed that it will be that way again this year, but it's likely. The 2013 menu is here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-...val-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/ And you can see where it says DDP snack eligible.

First time doing Disney this time of year. If we plan on doing Food & Wine for lunch and dinner, how many stops should we expect to make? Seems like if you try to make dinner out of the booths it could get expensive buying enough to fill you up.

Haven't done F&W yet, but I did do the flower show booths in April. I found two savory and a sweet or two sweet and a savory made a meal. I had more desserts I wanted to try than savories, so I would eat one of each at meal time then later have a second dessert.

....I already booked one and did pay for it in advance [for the four of us]...will we be issued tickets? How will they now that we've already paid? My DH and I will have Mickey Bands, but our friends won't....:confused3 Will it be attached to our bands?

It showed up on MDE right after I booked it, I am unsure if they give tickets as well.

If you are talking about food demos and/or beverage seminars, tickets will be issued the day of the 'deminar'. The procedure has been the same for the past couple years.

You have paid for it in advance using your name and how many tickets you purchased.

On the day of the deminar you will go to the Festival Welcome Center. There will be stands set up down the ramp and to the left. Usually two. You just need to give the CM your identification (drivers license) and the name of the event and time. The CM will then give you hard tickets, as many as you ordered for that event. No names are needed, just the person that booked or whose name is on the initial reservation. You can get your tickets at any time of the day. Give yourself at least a half hour if you wait until close to the event. Lines can get long and time consuming if there is a problem.

This is the way it has been done for several years now. If it changes this year we will all have to learn the new way.

In past years any non-alcoholic food or beverage was eligible for snack credits. The menu boards will have the purple DDP logo next to the qualifying items. Considering some of the food items were about $7.00 it was a great use of snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter