• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Weddings!!

What month are you getting married in 2014?

• January

• February

• March

• April

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great to see SO many other '14 couples on here!

We're April 5th, 2014, definitely Wishes (so many friends/family! :blush:) probably at the WP. No idea for reception yet.

I'm going to the DFTW Bridal Showcase on February 9th (Almost a week! I'm SO excited! :tigger:) and I'm bringing my two MOH's and the MOB to peruse all the Disney wedding goodness. :)

We're planning on having an Escape wedding October 6, 2014. One of my concerns is sending out save the dates. I want my guests to have time to save and plan but you can only "officially" be penciled in 8 months out. Do you take the chance and send them out anyway or would you just use word of mouth and send out the official date after you sign the contract?

awndrayuhh said:
We're planning on having an Escape wedding October 6, 2014. One of my concerns is sending out save the dates. I want my guests to have time to save and plan but you can only "officially" be penciled in 8 months out. Do you take the chance and send them out anyway or would you just use word of mouth and send out the official date after you sign the contract?

If you're nervous you can just have it say October 2014, and when you officially have a date send out a follow up newsletter with the date and other information your guests may need.

EEK!!!:yay:

So excited I found the 2014 brides thread. Now I can keep up with everyone else having their events next year.

Well I'm Dania and my hubby and I are having a VR at the Swan Resort. We've booked the Crescent Terrace location for Saturday, April 26th.

Our reception is still being hashed out but will more than likely take place somewhere at the Swan as well. We plan on capping off the day with a dessert party at EPCOT.

We've booked all the major vendors except for videography and hair/make-up, but my planner and cousin are working diligently on finalizing the big stuff.

I started my own PJ (link is in my siggie), and I will be updating all the time.

Good luck fellow 2014 brides and happy planning!:yay:

Date change! After our site visit we changed our first choice to Sunday April 6, 2014. Dessert parties in Epcot are blocked from (I believe) the 13-27th of April, so we moved ours up a bit. We're still deciding on our second and third date choices! :thumbsup2

:sad::sad::sad:
Oh no!!! I was so hoping to have our dessert party at EPCOT. Our VR is on the 26th.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for that event. Thanks for sharing that info.

My boyfriend Mark and I just set up an appointment with a consultant at Disney to start the planning! We have a big family so we would need to do a wishes wedding and hope we can afford it. It has always been my dream to get married in Disney world so I hope we can make it all work out! I am very excited to meet with the wedding planner in just 2 weeks! Seems so unreal!!!!

We would like to get married between march and may of 2014 but are not set on a date yet, again depends on prices and if a time of year is cheaper. I also am not set on a venue. I love the wedding pavilion, but I am still open to other ideas. Cannot wait to see what information they give me!

september 16th 2014 :woohoo: not really sure on venue yet, i will see what disney say when i get pencilled in in may

I am surprising my husband with a VR (orig. married 9/23/2000) on 8/18/14 on the Disney Dream!! We were already booked for the cruise with our son, sister and her family, my mother and in laws. Only my sister and her husband know of my plan. Hoping that this will be able to stay a secret until I can propose at the castle a few days before the cruise!!

Hello 2014 brides!!!

I am beyond excited that I'm getting married at Disney World... my mother and I have been going to Disney just about every year for a girls trip for the past 10 years just before Christmas (the decorations are so beautiful).

Our wedding date is Jan. 5, 2014 at the WP with the reception at the Grand Floridian. We're still trying to decide between a rehearsal (welcome) dinner and a dessert party. Fiance is from Switzerland and I live in NYC so our guests are coming from all over. Only seems fair to have a welcome party.

He proposed in front of my entire family on Christmas Eve... basically best Christmas ever!

Can one of you explain some of the abbreviations for me? It's crazy but what does DF stand for. Disney Fiance? :goofy:

My fiancé and I got engaged in Epcot on nov 11th at 2am after we finished running the Sine and Dine Half-Marathon!
Now we're planning our wishes wedding of about 80 people for Sunday February 16 HOPEFULLY at 2:30 (I find out how the lotto went this afternoon...eek)
We're doing WP for the ceremony, cocktails in the Whitehall room, reception in the ballroom at grand Floridian.
We're going to stay through the week and when our family goes back to NY well be hopping in a car and driving to key west for some alone time.

We are looking at December 13th. It is too far away to secure the date, but hopefully we will get it! Looking at the Swan and Dolphin instead of DFTW, as it is a good deal cheaper.

I'm new here but we are solidifying with Disney February 24, 2014 for a Wishes Wedding. Seabreeze Point and Italy Isola West!

Hi everyone!

My fiancé Adam and I are hoping to get married on 18th August 2014. We are both so excited!

I can't believe how lucky we are to be having a Disney wedding :)

I'm so glad I found this thread :D My name is Caitlyn and my fiance Steve and I are looking into having our September 2014 wedding in Walt Disney World :cool1:

We are working out a few more kinks, but I should be calling down there soon to plan and I cannot be anymore excited!! :rotfl:

We are looking at the wedding pavilion/living seas wedding currently!

ALSO, congrats to all of your engagements and I wish you all so much joy and love<3 pixiedust:

We are getting married in 2014 too! We are hoping to book April 28, 2014 with the ceremony at WP and the reception at ADH. So excited to finally start planning!!:earboy2::goofy:::MinnieMo:donald:

We are HOPING to get married April 26, 2014!! ~ Would love tons of advice from former Disney brides! We are hoping to keep our wedding to the 20,000 min for a Saturday wedding.

We are looking for outside vendors for flowers, other decor, photography, & video. I think I am also going to get a lot of things through etsy (save the dates/invites/place cards/other decor)

We're having 50 people. We had to cut it down to real immediate family. I want to have it at the GF ballroom, but we shall see during our site visit coming up in April! *so psyched!*

We are Catholic so we are getting married at the Corpus Christy Church nearby first. :) Anyone else doing that?

Yay 2014 brides! :dumbo:

SO EXCITED!! Called to get some solid pricing on my disney wedding!

I got the green light from my fiance to go big so big it will be!!! Wishes wedding in front of the castle :) only down side is the 8am ceremony since i want a dinner reception. I think we might try and do late breakfast or lunch at be our guest in my dress though!

Still deciding on a date and after looking at all the april/may weddings, i may opt for october. I was trying to avoid hurricane season but I dont want to be fighting to get my reception at dinner time either :)

*EDIT we set a date last night Oct 11, 2014!!

Congrats 2014 brides!!!

Sheldora said:
SO EXCITED!! Called to get some solid pricing on my disney wedding!

I got the green light from my fiance to go big so big it will be!!! Wishes wedding in front of the castle :) only down side is the 8am ceremony since i want a dinner reception. I think we might try and do late breakfast or lunch at be our guest in my dress though!

Congrats 2014 brides!!!

Congrats on your wedding! Unfortunately you won't be able to go inside the Magic Kingdom during park hours in your dress... Maybe do a splashy lunch reception and then an Epcot dessert party (where you CAN wear your dress?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter