2015 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

I always get the girls a Christmas ornament that is of something they like, or commemorating something that happened this year. I found colored pencil ornaments for DD17, but I can't decide on anything for DD14. She's into Harry Potter at the moment, but I don't really like any of those ornaments. We've already done at least one Marvel ornament, and several Disney. I may find myself falling back on something Disney again- probably Beauty and the Beast- or Lion King since we went to the touring show. She loves acting and was in two plays this year, but I can't find anything that would go along with those- she was Goldilocks in one and a hillbilly girl in another. We got a black kitten and a buff colored kitten, but so far haven't found anything cute that looks like either one. Have to admit I've only checked Amazon though.

I don't know if you are willing to invest some time (rather than a lot of money) but I'm making some Potter-themed ornaments for our HP lovers. A clear ornament that's filled with Flue powder, a mini broomstick, an "Always" doe, and a mini Hogwarts letter addressed to Harry. I found all of these on Pinterest.

Okay, Beauty Box experts, I've narrowed it down to Beauty Box 5 and Ipsy. Which would you choose for teen girls?
And is there any regularity to the Target Beauty Box?

Okay, Beauty Box experts, I've narrowed it down to Beauty Box 5 and Ipsy. Which would you choose for teen girls?

My daughter who is 14 has been getting ipsy since September and loves it! The bags are super cute and there have only been a few things she hasn't liked.

For those looking for the Harry Potter adult coloring book (out of stock on Amazon at the moment) they had them at my Costco today. $9.99

My daughter who is 14 has been getting ipsy since September and loves it! The bags are super cute and there have only been a few things she hasn't liked.
Same with my daughter! She'll be 14 next week and she has been loving ipsy. She especially loved the one she got last week! It's a great way for teen girls to try all different kinds of makeup for $10/monthly!

Amazon has the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Cleansing Brush on sale today only for $19.99 -- $20 off the regular price.

Yes, Exploding Kittens is fine for teens. We played as a family (kids are 13, 15, 17). It's a basic card game with humorous cards. Think Uno, Crazy 8's, BS, but with funny cards....I had more fun playing with the box, but the game is fine - a card game. We played the younger version as a family. I think the older version would not be for family play.

Yes, Exploding Kittens is fine for teens. We played as a family (kids are 13, 15, 17). It's a basic card game with humorous cards. Think Uno, Crazy 8's, BS, but with funny cards....I had more fun playing with the box, but the game is fine - a card game. We played the younger version as a family. I think the older version would not be for family play.

Thanks! I just hated to waste a gift if the game was lame for a teen...thanks!

Love this thread - thanks for the ideas.
- Ipsy
- exploding kittens
- sherlock Holmes coloring book

all great tips for my girls!

I had the day off and I haven't done any dishes or laundry, but I've read this entire thread. That counts as productive, right?

I don't know if I'd call DD17 a GIRLY GIRL, but she does love fashion.

On her list: (she won't get anywhere near all this, but grandmas & I love her list)

Macbook Pro for college (college fund will cover that!:))
Flats in black, brown and/or nude
High top purple Converse
Silver or gold Fossil watch
Cowgirl boots (she may end up at TCU for college)
Merona Sawyer Booties
Short purple rain boots
Gear for her favorite colleges/pro teams
Patagonia Boys Better Sweater 1/4 zip fleece
Tory Burch flip flops (these babies are $195--got them on 6pm for $40!!)
Gift cards (Target, Walgreens, Starbucks, GAP, food places)
College supplies
Organizational supplies (really, cool school supplies)
Anything monogrammed or from Lilly Pulitzer or Vera Bradley
Purity ring
Ashley Bridget bracelets (they do colleges, etc.)
Books: Tina Fey's, Amy Poehler's, anything by Jodi Picoult
Just about anything from Altar'd State (chain store--lots of inspirational/religious items plus fun clothes)

Suggestions needed for art kit for 16.5 year old. DD enjoys sketching and recently took a painting evening class and really liked it. She wants to begin to learn to paint. Anyone out there have a recommendation for a kit for teens? I saw one at Joanne and Amazon that looked decent but the easel/storage box didn't get great reviews. Anyone have ideas? It can be a mixed media kit or paint kit etc.....

Skoshbox is on groupon. I got the Dekabox for 12.00 the smaller one is 7

This is why I came searching - but does anyone have any reviews for Birchbox? I did a google search and it seemed to get high praises (dd is 18)

my DD14 likes both Birchbox and beauty box. I found most of the items were for women, not girls, and my DD really likes the fancy brands. Plus, the items they've always included, were nice hair items, and cute necklace and bracelets. I don't think you could go wrong with either. And if you don't like after one or two boxes, just cancel.

UnderArmor is having 25% off selected hoodies and other things today with free shipping. Youth hoodies were 33 dollars.

Michaels current price for 150 is $299.99 so 50% is $150. So, Dick Blick still the best deal at the moment. Always good to shop around though! And I always try to remember to check retailmenot for a coupon before buying anything. Where did you get 50% coupons for Michaels?

Oh! I remembered I did buy something for DD17 already- I bought canvas prints of two of her drawings on Winkflash. They had the 8x10's for $15 and free shipping.

I always get the girls a Christmas ornament that is of something they like, or commemorating something that happened this year. I found colored pencil ornaments for DD17, but I can't decide on anything for DD14. She's into Harry Potter at the moment, but I don't really like any of those ornaments. We've already done at least one Marvel ornament, and several Disney. I may find myself falling back on something Disney again- probably Beauty and the Beast- or Lion King since we went to the touring show. She loves acting and was in two plays this year, but I can't find anything that would go along with those- she was Goldilocks in one and a hillbilly girl in another. We got a black kitten and a buff colored kitten, but so far haven't found anything cute that looks like either one. Have to admit I've only checked Amazon though.

Please tell us where you found the pencil ornament? I have an artist in the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter