2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Depends on where you're booked and if adding them makes it 5 adults and if is it a resort that sleeps 5? I'd stick with what you have and wait until the phones die down and then try to call and change it around. The CMs will walk you thru all your options.

We are at CBR, pirate rooms. Doing this would bring us to 4 in a room, 3 adults and 1 child, so I think we would be ok capacity wise - I'm just worried about adding people to an existing room.

We are also thinking about extending the trip for half the people going, will I be able to add three more days to our existing CBR free dining room?

Mine says the same- we are booked for CBR. MDE says 1 TS, 1 QS but our confirmation email says Quick Service Plan. Hoping it's a glitch. Anyone else having the issue?

Just got off the phone after holding in silence for an hour. For both free dining and room-only discounts at CBR, only pirate rooms are available, at least for our stay (Sept 26-Oct 2). I guess we are just keeping what we already have, with no discount. Time to rethink our dining reservations!

Glad I booked online this morning because the Disney site is VERY glitchy now.

I got POR for 5 8/30-9/6. I was planning on water parks anyway so that cost was no big deal. Unfortunately there were no standard or garden rooms available so I had to upgrade to river view. The good news is looks like the river view rooms are fairly close to the food court and main pool.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to all of you still waiting on the telephones or trying to make reservations on line. I've not slept yet so I think I will catch a few zzz's since my ADR's open either tonight at midnight or tomorrow at 6 am. I guess I will figure that out when I can see straight :headache:

We are at CBR, pirate rooms. Doing this would bring us to 4 in a room, 3 adults and 1 child, so I think we would be ok capacity wise - I'm just worried about adding people to an existing room.

We are also thinking about extending the trip for half the people going, will I be able to add three more days to our existing CBR free dining room?

You will have to pay for the same number of tickets for everyone on the reservation. Adding days depends on availability. We had to bump to preferred at pop last year when we wanted to add a day at about 60 days out.

Unlike previous years, however, it appears that you cannot start your stay during the promotion and extend beyond the promotion....I'm trying for 2 weeks starting November 8 and it will only let me go to November 19, which is 11 days.
It let me go one day beyond in Dec. (that's all I needed)

I've successfully added people to a reservation with no problem in the past. The adding days would be hard because there would have to be free dining available for that room category for those days. I'd try to get that figured out and booked ASAP. For instance, we had certain days in mind, but there wasn't any free dining rooms available for a few of our days at the end of our trip, so we had to rearrange our trip dates.

Dang it! My email confirmation for CSR says quick service too. Thus is an error right?

For those with the whole "it says quick service on the confirmation" my TA said it will auto sync adn update. My online ressie in MDE says DDP

I hope it's an error and fixes itself. My email for POR also says quick service but the site says free dining and lists table service.

I definitely feel fore everyone calling but please be kind to the reps , with all the internet information available now many more people anticipate these offers and even the best systems can encounter issues with overload.
The site is definitely glitchy right now was east coast is waking up. I was able to book online at 3am PDT with no issues but think I snuck right under the rush. Good luck to all.

Was anyone able to get free dining at the Contemporary in the garden wing???

It would not let me modify online so I tried just making a new reservation. Apparently all of the moderates have nothing left for my dates Sept 26-Oct 3 with the exception of a pirate room or preferred at CS. So I made a reservation for Sports in a standard room. I guess I will be staying in a value with QS instead. It is not worth the over $1000 that the others would cost. I guess they just lost money with me because what I had already booked was costing me $700 more than I have to pay now. I really wanted CBR again because it's home to us. Going to still try on the phone to get it added to the CBR reservation but, it looks like that is going to be a no go and I will just cancel that one and keep the AS Sports. Going to look at the bright side and I will keep 2 of my ADRs and pay out of pocket for them. I'll still have over $500 left in my pocket at the end of the day. I've been sitting in silence with Disney for 27 minutes now. do da do da
You can upgrade to the regular Disney dining plan. that's what we always do!

I hope it's an error and fixes itself. My email for POR also says quick service but the site says free dining and lists table service.

It's always glitchy like that. We have 2 adults and MDE always says for a paid dining for spring we chose adult- table service - child- table service. It's a known issue I found but does not affect what you actually have.

Unlike previous years, however, it appears that you cannot start your stay during the promotion and extend beyond the promotion....I'm trying for 2 weeks starting November 8 and it will only let me go to November 19, which is 11 days.

Is this proving true? I booked with FD at CBR and went 4 days past the ending date but didn't notice that it said I'll only get FD for the first 6 days. How can I tell?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter