2015 sail dates?

Oh so you were just looking at the voyage fare without the taxes? I was looking at the entire price.

I first looked at the base price of the cruise. After you said the PC cruise cost more than the TA, I checked again. The PC's taxes are higher than for the TA, but the total price for the same category cabin was still lower for the PC cruise for the least expensive cabin. I can't check DCL's site right now because I am getting en error message. (It must be overloaded!)

Yep I looked at all of the cruises I really wanted to do...4 and 5 nights...and was just shocked myself. Sorry our family of five can't be spending $6800 on a 5-night cruise. I even checked into August dates but I'm not sure I even want to part with the 4K or so for that one. :)

Now I'm thinking we'll be better off doing a 5-night W Carib on the Wonder...in January. With Verandah we can get that for closer to $3500 for five of us. Even after paying for flights to Miami, it won't come close to the prices of those summer only cruises. :confused:

I guess we can always hope for some last minute discounts. :confused3

We are a family of 5 as well and was hoping to snag a 5-night in July. However, the pricing totally blows that one out of the water. Considering a 4-night Mid-August, where prices are lower but not exactly what I would hope. May book and keep it as a placeholder to move to early November when those dates come out. However, have to factor in airfare in Nov. For the August cruise it is cheaper to drive from NJ, though it obviously takes longer.

I first looked at the base price of the cruise. After you said the PC cruise cost more than the TA, I checked again. The PC's taxes are higher than for the TA, but the total price for the same category cabin was still lower for the PC cruise for the least expensive cabin. I can't check DCL's site right now because I am getting en error message. (It must be overloaded!)

Got it. Makes sense!

Got it. Makes sense!

Of the cabin categories that are currently available on both the Panama Canal cruise and the Transatlantic cruise:

TA 10C = $3,293.18 for 2 people
PC 10C = $3,110.96 for 2 people

Higher category cabins might have the higher price tag on the PC cruise - but I don't book those.

Ah. I was only interested in the 11Bs. Even the 10C price would be more than I can pay at this point in life. Last year before the job layoffs (not me but there's uncertainty) sure! Life I tell ya.

I want to do both the PC and TA someday. They look like awesome cruises. Kid is only 8. I've got a few years to go. Or I have to pull him out like I did for Hawaii.

Ah. I was only interested in the 11Bs. Even the 10C price would be more than I can pay at this point in life. Last year before the job layoffs (not me but there's uncertainty) sure! Life I tell ya.

I want to do both the PC and TA someday. They look like awesome cruises. Kid is only 8. I've got a few years to go. Or I have to pull him out like I did for Hawaii.

The prices for the 11B are/were:

PC = $2,970.96 for 2 people
TA = $3,143.18 for 2 people (although 11B isn't available right now)

Hey I'v booked the cruise around Sweden Russia Finland etc can someone tell me a few questions I have

What sort of weather to expect around June on this cruise ?

Are the seas quite calm around this area ?

If it rains on board what's everyone do on deck ?

I mean is it to cold on this cruise to go swimming use slides etc

Never done this cruise before so any help with be great thanks

Hey I'v booked the cruise around Sweden Russia Finland etc can someone tell me a few questions I have

What sort of weather to expect around June on this cruise ?

Are the seas quite calm around this area ?

If it rains on board what's everyone do on deck ?

I mean is it to cold on this cruise to go swimming use slides etc

Never done this cruise before so any help with be great thanks

Temperatures should be in the 50's and 60's with daylight basically 20 hours per day. However, back in 2010 when we did this sailing, we had temperatures in the mid 90's... Keep in mind this area of Europe rarely has Air Conditioning... Also, their idea of A/C is not American's idea of A/C. That was something that greatly upset folks when we went in 2010.

Seas were calm and we only had rain when we were in Oslo. It did not ruin the trip. Pool temps no matter what will be in the 70's and 80's so swimming can happen even in the cooler weather.

Does anyone know if there's any chance as to whether Disney will cruise the southern Caribbean in October 2015. The same as this year??

Temperatures should be in the 50's and 60's with daylight basically 20 hours per day. However, back in 2010 when we did this sailing, we had temperatures in the mid 90's... Keep in mind this area of Europe rarely has Air Conditioning... Also, their idea of A/C is not American's idea of A/C. That was something that greatly upset folks when we went in 2010.

Seas were calm and we only had rain when we were in Oslo. It did not ruin the trip. Pool temps no matter what will be in the 70's and 80's so swimming can happen even in the cooler weather.

Alright so even if it gets a bit cool people make the most of it and can still go on slides etc ?

Alright so even if it gets a bit cool people make the most of it and can still go on slides etc ?

Well, like I said, our cruise featured extremely unusual temperatures back in 2010.

To each their own. I don't mind 70 degree pool temps... For the previous Baltics they had robes and blankets poolside...

Well, like I said, our cruise featured extremely unusual temperatures back in 2010.

To each their own. I don't mind 70 degree pool temps... For the previous Baltics they had robes and blankets poolside...

Cool that's good then

Ah well can't waIt :beach:

I haven't sailed Europe, yet. But we were on the Fantasy back in January when Florida had an unusual cold snap. It was between 50 and 55 F on embarkation day. There were tons of people (particularly kids) in the pools. The lifeguard were wearing pants rolled up, winter coats, and ski caps, though!

Another question... Do disney do the 5 night Bahamas cruises with 2 stops at Castaway Cay every Fall??

I'm thinking for 2015

I haven't sailed Europe, yet. But we were on the Fantasy back in January when Florida had an unusual cold snap. It was between 50 and 55 F on embarkation day. There were tons of people (particularly kids) in the pools. The lifeguard were wearing pants rolled up, winter coats, and ski caps, though!

Those would be my kids LOL! I think kids in general have lower temp. standards for swimming!

krisinparis said:
Those would be my kids LOL! I think kids in general have lower temp. standards for swimming!

Mine were in the pool that day too! I waited until the 80 degree weather in the Caribbean!

We are a family of 5 as well and was hoping to snag a 5-night in July. However, the pricing totally blows that one out of the water. Considering a 4-night Mid-August, where prices are lower but not exactly what I would hope. May book and keep it as a placeholder to move to early November when those dates come out. However, have to factor in airfare in Nov. For the August cruise it is cheaper to drive from NJ, though it obviously takes longer.

Yes I know...just crazy. I also considered the 4-night but just keep thinking about the high cost of that. I may switch one of our other OBBs to the August timeframe for now and just wait and see. I also may even consider trying again for Thanksgiving week 2015 when those are released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter