• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

The sponsor (Corazon) is required to give Disney the drinks (and pay for the priviledge!) So some of the wholesalers etc... are just cheaper than others. :) (I once watched a wine company rep give the "pourers" a hard time because they were being so chintzy... She pointed out she gave Disney X bottles and she expected ALL of it to be used in that seminar. The way the woman running the thing acted I wondered if the "extras" funded some staff party :) )
Yeah - it did seem to be more the pourers than the rep - he seemed quite annoyed when I pointed it out to him.
It's not as if it was Don Julio 1942 - it was just casa noble anejo which is not that much more expensive than the silver.

Sorry- I know it was mentioned earlier but how much is the 8 tab taster?

Don't know if anyone has answered this for you...we bought the 16 tabs and it was 109 before tax (you can get a 10% dvc or AP discount). I will say that unless you are going to buy alcohol priced above 6.50, most prices on food items are definitely lower than 6.50 and beer and wine in the 4-6 range.

Next time we will get a gift cards loaded with money vs the tabs.

Thanks, didn't know about the AP discount for the tab taster. We will probably just get the 8 tab one (hope we get the discount on that one). We are not big drinkers and I think we will be able to split the 8 tab between myself and my DH.

I used GCs to purchase my 16 tab voucher and the CM first told me that I could not. She asked someone else who said "of course you can use a GC, you just can't use a discount". That was the first weekend the festival opened, so if you did get a discount it may have just been some good luck.

No AP discount for us either. . .it will really tick me off if I find out it was a misinformed CM. :headache:

Our "no" came from a CM in fancy business clothes with a trash grabber stick who was supervising the shop location I purchased from. She looked like she knew what was up :p

Is it possible to ask for a dish without something on it at the Food and Wine festival? I am not a picky eater, but I really really hate mayo. I want to try the lettuce wrap, but the sesame mayo on top is a big no go for me. Is it possible to ask for it without?

The sampler is sort of a gift card so it makes sense there's no discount. Now that doesn't mean you won't get a CM who doesn't realize that and gives you a discount

I called today to book PFTS tonight. There are reserved seats available but since I'm past the time to book deadline they can't sell me one. Their loss

I called today to book PFTS tonight. There are reserved seats available but since I'm past the time to book deadline they can't sell me one. Their loss
That is so bizarre. Even a school play has tix you can buy at the door! Can you just show up tonight and buy one, just not on the phone??

They did volunteer to sell me General Admission. After the CM spoke to someone She also suggested just showing up and asking at the event. But I'm at an Off Kilter show until at least 4 so ....,,

Probably just going to go to a nice dinner off property.

Is it possible to ask for a dish without something on it at the Food and Wine festival? I am not a picky eater, but I really really hate mayo. I want to try the lettuce wrap, but the sesame mayo on top is a big no go for me. Is it possible to ask for it without?
Yes, they can leave certain ingredients off. My husband doesn't like mint so he ordered the Australian lamb chop without the mint pesto. He couldn't have it with pesto and minus the mint because that was premixed. You might have to wait for them to make it fresh though-usually not a long wait.

Yes, they can leave certain ingredients off. My husband doesn't like mint so he ordered the Australian lamb chop without the mint pesto. He couldn't have it with pesto and minus the mint because that was premixed. You might have to wait for them to make it fresh though-usually not a long wait.

Thanks so much for the reply. I have no problem at all with waiting. :)

Anyone know where I can find the recipe for the piggy wings? I meant to check the F&W cookbook to see if it was in there but I forgot.

They closed the Epcot parking lot today around 4 or 5 because it was at capacity
Wow! Today was supposed to be my arrival day but I had to cancel because of the recent hurricane. I'll be interested to know what the crowds are like this week.

It was crazy busy today. As bad as I can remember it and we were in EPCOT for NYE Y2K. We only went in at 11:00 for a Fastpass to Soarin' and it was already wall to wall people. I heard someone report later in the day that waits at Canada were an hour.

Saturday at Epcot was INSANE! DH and I left at 12:30 since we head a flight to catch and I can see why they closed the Epcot parking lot! I waited half an hour for my beloved loaded mac and cheese as a bon voyage until next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter