2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for it too.......I signed up for the disney visa last week but will not have it by monday.

I have a question that is not free dining related but since this is the only board I have been able to look at lately I'll ask here.
I logged onto MDE account and was going to go ahead and change to PH so it's one last step I have to do when I try to modify my reservation. I have a current reservation that was made before the recent price increase. If I change to just PH will that make my whole package increase? Rooms rates, tickets, etc.? When I see the price change at the bottom it does not and just include the price for the PH but I don't want to be surprised because if I don't get FD then it may be better for me to just keep my reservation as is.

I have a question that is not free dining related but since this is the only board I have been able to look at lately I'll ask here.
I logged onto MDE account and was going to go ahead and change to PH so it's one last step I have to do when I try to modify my reservation. I have a current reservation that was made before the recent price increase. If I change to just PH will that make my whole package increase? Rooms rates, tickets, etc.? When I see the price change at the bottom it does not and just include the price for the PH but I don't want to be surprised because if I don't get FD then it may be better for me to just keep my reservation as is.
I just called and added Park Hopper and the only thing I was charged for was the park hopper option

I believe this is because Air Canada is quoting in CAD where Disney is USD. I priced the exact same package on both sites, used Google's currency converter and current rate to convert Disney's price to CAD and added the 3% charge my credit card is going to charge me if I pay USD and it came within $20 of the Air Canada price.

Nope, not an exchange rate issue. On a Cars Family Suite at AoA, Disney wants US$1637 for five nights beginning Oct 30. For the same room, AC wants CDN$2436, or US$1922.80, US$285.80 more. Make that AC room 30% off ($1922.8*0.7) = US$1346, so that at least is less--but only assuming that the Disney site's price won't change. IF the Disney price for today became 30% off, it goes down to US$1146. Even at 20% off today's rate, the Disney price is US$1310, still less than 30% off today's AC price of US$1346.
One issue that probably accounts for a bit of the difference is that I assume the Canadian prices at AC and at Canadian ticket sellers I've been looking at were set at a lower dollar, possibly even months ago. The past week has been good for the Canuck buck, but it means prices that were reasonable at one exchange rate now look like they're charging too much. But I don't think US$57/day can all be based on weaker exchange rates of the recent past.

I'm really struggling to believe that any part of Thanksgiving weekend will be included in any FD promotion.

I know it appears strange based on historical data, but to me it makes sense, as I imagine people start checking out right after Thanksgiving, right when that little three-day period is. I'm more in awe of checking in Monday, Nov 21, and getting to have FD through Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Ok folks, I have posted a few times stating we don't get to go this year basically because we are still a little worn out from taking our family of 6 (4 kids 5 and under) for 9 days last year and the year before (but only 3 kids back then). But I like to follow this thread because it's exciting. Today I told DH that I have "the fever". He laughed and now there's a possibility he would be up for doing it again if we reduce it to only 4 days in the parks as opposed to 6. We stayed at POR last year and thought it was good. Loved the food court and kids loved the pools. My dilemma is do we want to switch it up and experience CBR? It would probably be our last chance to stay at POR or CBR because after our youngest turns 3 we will outgrow it. I think my kids would also love the CBR pool but would also enjoy the new splash zone at POFQ. My biggest concern is the 7 bus stops at CBR! We will drive to most of the parks except MK. Anyone have thoughts? Sorry, I know it's off topic. And CBR would be $60-$100 less for the entire 6 nights, depending on room types available with FD. Thank you!

Ok folks, I have posted a few times stating we don't get to go this year basically because we are still a little worn out from taking our family of 6 (4 kids 5 and under) for 9 days last year and the year before (but only 3 kids back then). But I like to follow this thread because it's exciting. Today I told DH that I have "the fever". He laughed and now there's a possibility he would be up for doing it again if we reduce it to only 4 days in the parks as opposed to 6. We stayed at POR last year and thought it was good. Loved the food court and kids loved the pools. My dilemma is do we want to switch it up and experience CBR? It would probably be our last chance to stay at POR or CBR because after our youngest turns 3 we will outgrow it. I think my kids would also love the CBR pool but would also enjoy the new splash zone at POFQ. My biggest concern is the 7 bus stops at CBR! We will drive to most of the parks except MK. Anyone have thoughts? Sorry, I know it's off topic. And CBR would be $60-$100 less for the entire 6 nights, depending on room types available with FD. Thank you!
CBR is my absolute favorite resort. POR is great too but CBR stole my heart. The resort is just beautiful and you really have the beach vibe going on. The beds are literally clouds. I've never slept on more comfortable beds than theirs! I highly recommend it. The bus stops take about 5-7 minutes (tops) to get around. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus either. Can't recommend it enough!

CBR is my absolute favorite resort. POR is great too but CBR stole my heart. The resort is just beautiful and you really have the beach vibe going on. The beds are literally clouds. I've never slept on more comfortable beds than theirs! I highly recommend it. The bus stops take about 5-7 minutes (tops) to get around. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus either. Can't recommend it enough!

thanks for your help! What about the food at CBR? Unfortunately I have picky eaters that don't like new things, so they get mostly pizza and chicken nuggets. I loved the pasta bar at POR!

thanks for your help! What about the food at CBR? Unfortunately I have picky eaters that don't like new things, so they get mostly pizza and chicken nuggets. I loved the pasta bar at POR!
You'll have no problem at all with the picky eaters. They have all of that stuff :) I missed the pasta bar too! But their food court had some pretty good things. Shutters was actually surprisingly really good. We were surprised by how much we liked it.

August 23rd to August 31st. 1 adult and 3 13 year olds

Rough estimate of savings with info given previously and factoring in estimation of r/o discounts not covering all 8 days
CS business standard
4350 for free dining room estimating $120 in tips
5536 r/o 20% discount + 7 day discount tickets 1560 =3592 estimating $57 in dining per day plus 120 in tips 1944

Pop standard room
3762 for room and tickets with fd and 120 in tips
4594 r/o discount 15% + 7 discount tickets with estimated dining and tips

Ive been lurking on this thread for a while and now that the rumor seems to be a bit more solid I need some advice. We are a family of 5. me, husband, DD10, DS7, DD4
I was hoping for free dining to start 11/11 so our original dates are included,
This will not happen, so plan accordingly.....

I'm really struggling to believe that any part of Thanksgiving weekend will be included in any FD promotion.
giphy.gif

This is actually my very first Disboards post! I have been reading this thread, well part 1, for 2 weeks now. The dates that I am going, due to work schedule, FD is definitely not in the cards for me. I am going October 7 - 17, and staying at CBR. This is also my first solo trip! Looking forward to doing what I want to do, when I want to do it. :yay: I am wishing everyone luck for Monday! I have a feeling that I have to wait for the RO to drop in July for my trip, that is based off of past history. Though, if RO is anything like what AirCanada is offering for RO, I might be able to get it sooner rather than later!

:smickey:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter