• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 1st was the last day for the bounceback offer. I booked it as the first day of our trip when I booked my BB.

That's interesting. October is definitely becoming a more crowded month with fall break, Columbus Day and Halloween. If I remember right there wasn't a huge number of October dates that were included in 2015's FD deal.

Thanks, I still have faith that FD will be offered for those Traveling in the Fall month of Sept.
Originally Fall FD was the only FD that was offered then when the economy was bad Disney started offering it more times a year,
so I can see the other times a year for FD being cut back but don't see Fall being cut out.

Booked our trip for the week of October 30. FD looks like a crap shoot at this point. It'll be amazing to get (3 adults, 3 kids), but if not we will survive. Just with considerably less money. :)

Well, I booked a bounce back for Sept 2016 - FD. I booked POR, but hope to upgrade to a standard view at BC or YC. I have been calling at least once a week for months now - no luck. I know they only allot a certain amount of rooms for the BB offer. What I find kind of strange is that even when I search on the WDW reservation site, there are no standard view rooms available at YC or BC. Could these rooms be sold out already??

Well, I booked a bounce back for Sept 2016 - FD. I booked POR, but hope to upgrade to a standard view at BC or YC. I have been calling at least once a week for months now - no luck. I know they only allot a certain amount of rooms for the BB offer. What I find kind of strange is that even when I search on the WDW reservation site, there are no standard view rooms available at YC or BC. Could these rooms be sold out already??

It's possible that maybe just one day (perhaps a Saturday night) is fully booked for the YC or BC and its showing no availability because of that. I think food and wine is extremely popular around Sept and people go for a long weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if it's booked some Friday or Saturday nights in Sept. There may even be a convention that has the hotel booked for a few days.

I'll be following this too! I'm booked on the free dining BB but looking to book for my mom at the same time as me.

Following
We're staying at the Polynesian from September 6-15.
We got FD Sept 2014 and loved it. Fingers crossed they offer it again.

Haven't been on these boards in 2 years! Hoping to be booking a 2017 trip sometime soon. My family and I have traveled many years with FD. Just wondering what were the dates last year? I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but please excuse my laziness :-(

Haven't been on these boards in 2 years! Hoping to be booking a 2017 trip sometime soon. My family and I have traveled many years with FD. Just wondering what were the dates last year? I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but please excuse my laziness :-(

• August 28 through October 2
  • October 25 through October 31
  • November 8 through November 19
  • December 15 through December 21

Just got back 2 weeks ago! Itching to go back and hoping to book Nov 27 - Dec 3. The bounceback offered while I was there was a room discount and not on any dates I could use, boo! I'm not sure if free dining would even be offered for my dates but I'll be watching in case! Does free dining = crazy crowds? We've always gone during February/March so this would be our first venture in to another season.

Just got back 2 weeks ago! Itching to go back and hoping to book Nov 27 - Dec 3. The bounceback offered while I was there was a room discount and not on any dates I could use, boo! I'm not sure if free dining would even be offered for my dates but I'll be watching in case! Does free dining = crazy crowds? We've always gone during February/March so this would be our first venture in to another season.

We have gone Labor Day week twice with free dining. 2 years ago we did all of MK in a day and a half with no breaks. This year we did take breaks but we were still able to fit everything in that we wanted. We pretty much just missed Tomorrowland. Crowds were not bad at all.

We have gone Labor Day week twice with free dining. 2 years ago we did all of MK in a day and a half with no breaks. This year we did take breaks but we were still able to fit everything in that we wanted. We pretty much just missed Tomorrowland. Crowds were not bad at all.

That's good to hear! It was pretty crowded when we went earlier this month. With many schools being out for Mardi Gras and a cheer competition in town, there were lots of folks. I was hoping to go back later this year to see some Christmas decorations! Is it hard to get dining reservations when it's a free dining time? As I said earlier, I don't think our dates will be included as it seems they've been blacked out previous years. But, I want to be prepared! :)

That's good to hear! It was pretty crowded when we went earlier this month. With many schools being out for Mardi Gras and a cheer competition in town, there were lots of folks. I was hoping to go back later this year to see some Christmas decorations! Is it hard to get dining reservations when it's a free dining time? As I said earlier, I don't think our dates will be included as it seems they've been blacked out previous years. But, I want to be prepared! :)

We got everything we wanted. It took a few days to get BOG for dinner but we did get it. We also went to Teppen Edo (booked about a month or so after the 180 days opened), 50's Prime Time, Beirgarten, 1900 Park Fare, Whispering Canyon and Akershus. Other then BOG we had not problem. I was up before 6 am the day they opened up for me.

If I remember right, POR Riverside was not included in the FD promo since it was booked so full in anticipation of FD, there was no need to fill it up with any kind of promo. Should we expect more of the same if FD is offered this year? Also, would the Contemporary be included with FD or has that been excluded in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter