2016 Virtual 5K Series

I still haven't received my medals/tumbler. I did very politely contact runDisney on Aug. 5 to ask about it, because per their website, "Runners participating in the Series will receive all of their medals and tumbler within 30 days of the final race completion." Final race completion date was June 30. So we should have received everything by end of July.

runDisney's emailed repsonse: "Recently, we have experienced a delay in shipping these medals and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. We expect that most runners will receive their items by middle to late August 2016. For domestic Guests, the items will be sent via United States Postal Service. For international Guests, they will arrive via United Parcel Service. If you have not received anything by the end of August, please respond to this message and a Cast Member will be happy to assist you further. We appreciate your patience and understanding. In the meantime, we have also been working with the appropriate Leadership so we may prevent this from happening in the future"

It is minor, I know, and I appreciate the above response to my inquiry, but I can't help but feel disappointed - Disney's lack of care toward the virtual races leaves a bad impression. I know virtual races are a "cash grab," but in return for accepting all that cash Disney should have delivered what was promised, and communicated better. They didn't communicate about the race bib downloads until after races were underway. They didn't deliver all medals or communicate proactively about the delay. I didn't get any emails about this at all, other than my initial receipt for payment. To me, it just felt like they took my money and disappeared.

Anyway, hopefully the medals will arrive by the end of the month!

I haven't received mine either. When I called last week they told me that a bunch of the tumblers they received were broken and replacements had to be ordered, which was the reason for the delay. I don't know how true that is, but that's the story they're going with.

Last edited:
I haven't received mine either. When I called last week they told me that a bunch of the tumblers they received were broken and replacements had to be ordered, which was the reason for the day. I don't know how true that is, but that's the story they're going with.

Thanks for this info! :) Honestly, I would have cheerfully accepted ANY explanation for the delay, but they didn't bother to explain. They have been non-communicative except toward those of us who took the time to contact them and ask. Not great customer service, in my opinion.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter