2016 Virtual 5K Series

Maybe its been discussed, but did you guys see that the people who ordered the entire set will get their entire medal set and tumbler within 30 days from the end of the series? If you ordered just a single Yellow shoes, that will be sent out soon. I ordered the set for myself and my 10 year old. It is going to be harder to keep him invested in it not getting any of the prizes until late summer.
I just signed up for the yellow shoes. The medal came yesterday, but no tumbler.

Ok I went on the website you only get the tumbler if you signed up for all. I must have confused this with something else.

Finished the series with the White Gloves today. Very humid at 7:00am but at least shady. My stomach was not happy with me as I ate PB beforehand which is not my normal, so that was dumb of me...so yeah nothing new on race day even if virtual! Can't wait to get the medals & tumbler! It was fun to do as a family and following others runs here and on facebook/twitter! Good job to everyone else running these!
thumbnail_IMG_6586.jpg

Finished my runs today! The humidity and heat has chased me into the gym to run on treadmills and ellipticals for the most part. However, with the White Glove 5k in mind today I ran longer and slightly faster on the treadmill than I have in the best... and that is even with some pretty sore quads from gardening and working out yesterday. I'm happy about how I finished it!

Now it's time for the hardest part... waiting for my medals to arrive...

I finished my series with a run Friday morning. For my yellow shoes run I ran a 5k, for my red pants I did my first 10k run, and Friday for the white glove run I ran 10 miles for the first time ever. I ended up finishing at 2 hours, 27 minutes. Now I have a baseline time to work on before my 1st half marathon in October. Hard to believe that 6 months ago I weighed 320 lbs and couldn't run 1 mile!

Finished the last run today. Did the 5K (run/walk) in 38 min. (best time yet in the series for me). Going to start training for an 8K run taking place in October. Long term goal will be a half-marathon at Disney in the next year or two.
Image is turned automatically and I can't figure out how to rotate. Anyway here it is.

Attachments

• runDisney3.JPG
    runDisney3.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 6

Signed my 10 year old up for this series to get him into running and keep him active for the summer. Gave him one goal each month in hopes of getting more out of it and allowing time for the medals to show up. Told him the requirement for the second one was 35 minutes and it had to be done in June. He had 39 minutes on the first one. Told him the July one is 31 minutes.

He finished the second one last night with significant improvement. He won't be too far off the 31 minutes.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 6
Signed my 10 year old up for this series to get him into running and keep him active for the summer. Gave him one goal each month in hopes of getting more out of it and allowing time for the medals to show up. Told him the requirement for the second one was 35 minutes and it had to be done in June. He had 39 minutes on the first one. Told him the July one is 31 minutes.

He finished the second one last night with significant improvement. He won't be too far off the 31 minutes.

I think the goals you set for your son are great! It is a great way to get him involved and active! Fingers crossed for the 31 minutes here soon!

Waiting patiently now for the medals/tumbler is hard I must say! Hope everyone got their runs in who signed up!

Interesting I signed up for all 3, havent gotten any of the medals yet....am I the only one?

Interesting I signed up for all 3, havent gotten any of the medals yet....am I the only one?
We haven't gotten them either, it said 30 days after the event and for the series they would mail all together, so probably the end of July they'll mail them out.

Apparently, the medals for the series have shipped. I called them last week to change my address to a US one due to the pending postal strike in Canada...and they emailed today to say the medals have already shipped so my address cannot be updated.

Quick question for anyone who has received a medal so far. What shipping service delivered them? USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc. Just wanted to know which service I needed to babysit. Thanks!

Anyone else who did all 3 still waiting? My daughter and I still haven't received ours, and I'm getting worried.

quick update on run 3 for him. He went out last night and finished in exactly 31 minutes. He really had to push himself hard. Wish I had the medal to give to him last night, because he deserved it. I had ran earlier in the evening, but I ran along with him on the last lap to try and get him to the pace he needed to get there. I was running the distance and time in my head, but thought for sure he was going to be a little short. I wouldve lied to him (again) and told him Disney changed their time requirements (that dont exist) lol. But I am proud of him for how hard he pushed at the end. And if it wasnt for this series and these medals, I dont think that would have happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter