2016 Virtual 5K Series

Anyone else who did all 3 still waiting? My daughter and I still haven't received ours, and I'm getting worried.

I think they just started coming out. I saw one person in one of my Facebook group's get their medals, but I haven't seen mine yet and my friend hasn't seen theirs. I wasn't expecting mine till early August because they said 30 days after the finish, and then I always figure a week or two after. I wouldn't be concerned until like September or you see a ton of people start announcing they have theirs and you still don't.

there's another thread that questions this and alot of people have gotten theirs. strangely enough mine came in wednesday, yet my wifey's havent come in yet.....

Just go ours today!!! Love the red tumbler (probably just be a decoration), perfect for us Huskers too! No damage but a small hole in the box. Bigger than the real life marathon medals, plus color & cutouts. Lovely!

thumbnail_IMG_6683.jpg

Got mine today and I'm so happy with them. They're a lot bigger than I was expecting, and heavier! I posted about them in my Running Thoughts blog.

I noticed some other people got red tumblers and I got a blue one. I am completely fine with that since blue is my favorite color. I just don't remember asking for a color during the sign up, but it was a while ago so who knows...

Got mine today and I'm so happy with them. They're a lot bigger than I was expecting, and heavier! I posted about them in my Running Thoughts blog.

I noticed some other people got red tumblers and I got a blue one. I am completely fine with that since blue is my favorite color. I just don't remember asking for a color during the sign up, but it was a while ago so who knows...
It's random. I saw that someone in a FB group got a black one, so I think those are the three colours.

I checked my USPS account that tells me when packages are on the way--nothing has even been shipped yet. I'm in NJ. :(

Still waiting on mine as well. I think I will give it until the 10th; if I don't have it by then, I will try to contact runDisney.

I live an hour away from my mom (same state, same last name). She got hers a week ago and I'm still waiting. We signed up at the same time, so I don't think their distribution has any pattern.

I checked my USPS account that tells me when packages are on the way--nothing has even been shipped yet. I'm in NJ. :(

I live in Ohio signed up ON April 28th and received mine Last Wed. or Thurs. I have USPS tracking also but there wasn't any tracking on these that I saw.

Mine arrived in CT on Saturday. Black tumbler. Considering the website said they wouldn't ship until 30 days after the final race concluded I wasn't expecting them to ship until at least August 1. So although others seem upset about what they perceive as delayed shipping - I think it was right on time!

Hello all! This may have been addressed earlier and I missed it but thought I'd ask here. Is there any rumours that the virtual races will be offered in the fall again? I noticed somewhere that these were listed as Spring or Summer 2016, which made me wonder if they will be up again. I missed this time but would like to do them if they come this fall. Any opinions??

Hello all! This may have been addressed earlier and I missed it but thought I'd ask here. Is there any rumours that the virtual races will be offered in the fall again? I noticed somewhere that these were listed as Spring or Summer 2016, which made me wonder if they will be up again. I missed this time but would like to do them if they come this fall. Any opinions??
I could easily be wrong, but my GUESS would be that it's primarily a summer thing. runDisney has a small staff and fall/winter/early spring is when they do the on-property races. I looked at the virtual races as a way for them to bring in revenue at a time of year when they didn't have races in the parks (i.e. summer, because EVERYONE would have heatstroke).

Who knows, maybe they'll offer them again later this year? It seems like the big work on runDiseny's end would be actually setting up registration and mailing out the medals...maybe they'll have a better idea of how much manpower it takes to do that, now that they have done it once. :)

I received a box today from runDisney. I was supper excited until I opened the box. It two smaller boxes inside; one contained a red tumbler, the other was empty... That's right empty; no medals in the box.

I called runDisney and was told that since it was a virtual event he could not help me. He told me I would have to email runDisney through their website, so I did. :mad:

I received a box today from runDisney. I was supper excited until I opened the box. It two smaller boxes inside; one contained a red tumbler, the other was empty... That's right empty; no medals in the box.

I called runDisney and was told that since it was a virtual event he could not help me. He told me I would have to email runDisney through their website, so I did. :mad:

Did you ever hear back from RunDisney? I hope that you have and that everything has been figured out

I still haven't received my medals/tumbler. I did very politely contact runDisney on Aug. 5 to ask about it, because per their website, "Runners participating in the Series will receive all of their medals and tumbler within 30 days of the final race completion." Final race completion date was June 30. So we should have received everything by end of July.

runDisney's emailed repsonse: "Recently, we have experienced a delay in shipping these medals and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. We expect that most runners will receive their items by middle to late August 2016. For domestic Guests, the items will be sent via United States Postal Service. For international Guests, they will arrive via United Parcel Service. If you have not received anything by the end of August, please respond to this message and a Cast Member will be happy to assist you further. We appreciate your patience and understanding. In the meantime, we have also been working with the appropriate Leadership so we may prevent this from happening in the future"

It is minor, I know, and I appreciate the above response to my inquiry, but I can't help but feel disappointed - Disney's lack of care toward the virtual races leaves a bad impression. I know virtual races are a "cash grab," but in return for accepting all that cash Disney should have delivered what was promised, and communicated better. They didn't communicate about the race bib downloads until after races were underway. They didn't deliver all medals or communicate proactively about the delay. I didn't get any emails about this at all, other than my initial receipt for payment. To me, it just felt like they took my money and disappeared.

Anyway, hopefully the medals will arrive by the end of the month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter