2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

They shouldn't hurt your feet ever.

Alas, all shoes hurt me at some point. :) And sparkle athletic skirts ride up in me, as do sweet spot skirt shorts. My body is just ornery that way.

The altras will be here on Monday. The merrells have all been a big bust. Now I realize I probably should have ordered a small men's shoe for the width.

Almost found new Nike 4 frees but the picture says 5 and the reviews say "fake". Sigh.

Sparkle athletic expo pickup orders start on the 18th so I'm getting ready for that. :) along with the extra safety pins to keep them in one spot on my leggings. Since I am the outlier to "they don't move". :)

Oh and I have a cold. Sick people all around me for months and nothin' but today it hit!

I'm getting a cold too - not surprising given that both kids have colds now too. Though I'd rather have them now than in 2 weeks I guess!

Has anyone seen pictures yet of the merchandise for this year? Also, does New Balance show what the shoes will look like ahead of time?

A

The altras will be here on Monday. The merrells have all been a big bust. Now I realize I probably should have ordered a small men's shoe for the width.

Oh and I have a cold. Sick people all around me for months and nothin' but today it hit!

What Altras did you pick? As you like minimal, I hope you picked the one squared. They are wide in the toes, not as wide as the 1st or 2nd generation, but still good. I always have to buy expensive shoes in a C width to get a good fit. Hope they work for you. If not Topos have a wide toe box and are not zero gravity. I have only tried them on..not bought any.

The cold is almost gone! I ran a ten miler the second day I had it and paid for it. My husband had two cold, December and early January and I never got it, but I think this came from flying and after three days home I got it and three days later DH got.

I can't remember which altras. The altra site isn't working for me and hasn't for weeks so I got what I could from roadrunner online.

Dang it. I just upgraded my MacBook OS (for the apple people here, I went all the way from Lion to Sierra!) and so probably altra would work now. Didn't even think about that.

I dislike this cold. I'm up bc my face hurts so much. Why do colds make faces hurt? Whine whine whine. :)

Not long from now y'all can find me drinking the big 7 seas lagoon drink with my cousin at Wave lounge. ;)

Altra One 2.5, the update to the one 2.

I have hobbit feet. Wide the whole way down the foot. :) I am horrified to say that someday I'll probably have to go full Vibram and just be done with it. (I don't mind how they look but latent sensory issues pop up when I think about the toes)

But maybe these will work!

Has anyone seen pictures yet of the merchandise for this year? Also, does New Balance show what the shoes will look like ahead of time?

No merch previews announced yet. Could be any time in the next two weeks. You will see plenty of posts about it on here when the release happens!

Not expecting merch pictures until the week of the races. The New Balance shoes are the same ones available at WDW sand Loght Side (Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party and Toy Story Mania).

Whats everyone wearing for the races?? I haven't given it much thought because I told myself I'd just stick to my regular running gear (capris and tank top) but after reading so many blogs and looking at photos from years past I'm thinking I want to jump on the sparkle skirt and tiara train! I know its late but I think I can throw something together last minute. Any suggestions of any shops that have quick shipping?

I haven't been in this thread in a while. For 2016 GSC my daughter and I played a role reversal. She went as King Triton and I went as Ariel.

Well with the theming of this year's event,. She will be the Beast and I will be Belle. I am waiting for this dress to come in.

It will be another great father daughter weekend!!!!

I haven't been in this thread in a while. For 2016 GSC my daughter and I played a role reversal. She went as King Triton and I went as Ariel.

That is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see how you look this year...You have excellent taste in gowns! :jester::cheer2: I don't know how you guys do it....I can't even stand to have my hair down when I run lol. I'm pushing my limits with a soft padded evil queen crown for the 10k and a tiara for the half!

That is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see how you look this year...You have excellent taste in gowns! :jester::cheer2: I don't know how you guys do it....I can't even stand to have my hair down when I run lol. I'm pushing my limits with a soft padded evil queen crown for the 10k and a tiara for the half!

It was funny that my daughter and I started to play game when the sun came up getting near the service center. Game was to see who the first to remove a piece of the costume since it was getting a little warm. Everything stayed on until we were back to the resort.

Alas, all shoes hurt me at some point. :) And sparkle athletic skirts ride up in me, as do sweet spot skirt shorts. My body is just ornery that way.

Almost found new Nike 4 frees but the picture says 5 and the reviews say "fake". Sigh.

Sparkle athletic expo pickup orders start on the 18th so I'm getting ready for that. :) along with the extra safety pins to keep them in one spot on my leggings. Since I am the outlier to "they don't move". :)

I'm sorry you have so much trouble with shoes. That has to be frustrating!

I'm getting a cold too - not surprising given that both kids have colds now too. Though I'd rather have them now than in 2 weeks I guess!

What is with everyone getting sick NOW? I usually get sick at Christmastime. This time, I made it all the way through vacation with a sick relative. Then my mom was sick for a month. I made it through that too. THEN I got sick when work was really hectic and I couldn't take a sick day. I think it's on its way out, but the coughing and congestion are always the last to go, which isn't really good for breathing when I run.

No merch previews announced yet. Could be any time in the next two weeks. You will see plenty of posts about it on here when the release happens!

It'll be a while. I think I'm usually on the plane when it comes out.

It'll be a while. I think I'm usually on the plane when it comes out.

Right!? Earliest will probably be February 21, but I think it'll be closer to the 22nd just before the expo on the 23rd.

I hope it's not like Avengers from last year when the runners on Instagram released the shirts before runDisney even did it! :P

LOVE

Well with the theming of this year's event,. She will be the Beast and I will be Belle. I am waiting for this dress to come in.

It will be another great father daughter weekend!!!!
LOVE this. Carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter