2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

My post was not in response to your post but to the posts that followed. It was not motivated to judge anyone but to make one aware of the things that are said and things that are done go both ways, and without communication much gets lost. Quick example, I have a friend with MD. She has a vehicle handicap pass. She parks and walks into the store and people make comments (label as you wish). No one can see her leg braces as she always wears pants, no one can see her physical pain as she is very reserved about who she shares with. Unless you know her on a personal level you know not what she goes through. That is the easiest and quickest example I can think of. My original comments were about how we should communicate to better understand each other.

I will share one thought I live by: I do not let anyone, I mean anyone, steal my joy.

I have written and rewritten this several times as my motive was not to judge. I could give you plenty of stuff to judge me as I am a very imperfect human. I can say the wrong thing or act in an inappropriate manner before I realize what I have done and need to make amends.

My apologies. When I read your statement "[p]eople over heard others talking", it seemed to me it was about me as I was the one to start the conversation because I had been the one to overhear. The subsequent posts were from people responding to my experience aside from another person for who it was their friend making the negative comments.

I'm sure you can see my confusion who you were talking about. Thank you for clearing that up.

I could go on and pick apart further things that gave me pause or go into further discussion, but it's not worth it to drag this out further. I'm done with this particular sub conversation in this thread after this post. I, like @Ariel484, stand by what I've said and, in addition, do not consider it hypocritical calling out insults regarding a person's body type plus training level as a result as being rude and inappropriate.

Most of the conversation from this has helped me work through the pieces I was still hung up on or, at least, made me feel not alone in my confusion. I only wish I had had the patience to have a calm conversation at the time to help the couple I overheard be a little more aware of their surroundings and that what they see is not necessarily the whole story.

Oh! I keep meaning to ask.

One of my regrets is I did not get a picture with the glass slipper on the course. When I went past, there was no Photopass photographer and my charger had decided to have issues so I was stuck with a nearly dead phone (thus no way to take any picture).

I was pretty bummed, but I'm wondering if maybe there was one and I just went by at the wrong time? It was a picture I was looking forward to getting, but I was relying entirely on Photopass since no one seems to be able to take a good picture with my phone and I wasn't going to waste time in any line that I couldn't get a good picture.

Are you a part of the Perfect Princess Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/275260305964413/
#OperationPerfectPrincess

They are trying to find as many Perfects as possible!

No. I don't do any social media stuff. I have been on this board for over 10 years and find it enough.
I talked to some one working at the expo and she said that there were 250 perfect princesses. There was not 250 for the photo around 4:30 am, but they don't really announce that that is going to take place. It is in front of the entertainment stage in the gathering area before leaving for corrals.
But thanks for asking. I do plan to return for 2018.

Are you a perfect princess?

Last edited:
I want to say "Thank you!" to everyone here. This was a great supportive group of people and was an informative thread. Being a long-time lurker, you didn't make me feel dumb when answering my questions throughout. Through you all, I was able to make my families' race process easy and mostly stress-free. I will now be lurking in the Princess 2018 thread and the 2018 Marathon threads...see you there!
@courtneybeth Thank you for letting me use your 5k buddy pass! and thanks for introducing me to rawthreads so I could get the rest of my family registered in the various races!

No. I don't do any social media stuff. I have been on this board for over 10 years and find it enough.
I talked to some one working at the expo and she said that there were 250 perfect princesses. There was not 250 for the photo around 4:30 am, but they don't really announce that that is going to take place. It is in front of the entertainment stage in the gathering area before leaving for corrals.
But thanks for asking. I do plan to return for 2018.

Are you a perfect princess?

It cracks me up every time someone asks me that question. Yes, I am a perfect princess (the whole reason I come back now, so someone will call me perfect)! I heard the same numbers at the expo, but have seen several stories of people who did not make the race or didn't finish. So it will be an even smaller group next year. I was at the stage for the photo, I think quite a few of the "perfects" were stuck in the traffic. My daughter took lots of photos, but none of them really turned out, I would love to see the one that the official photographer took, but haven't spent the time looking for it. So nice to talk with you! I am already looking forward to next year!!!

It cracks me up every time someone asks me that question. Yes, I am a perfect princess (the whole reason I come back now, so someone will call me perfect)! I heard the same numbers at the expo, but have seen several stories of people who did not make the race or didn't finish. So it will be an even smaller group next year. I was at the stage for the photo, I think quite a few of the "perfects" were stuck in the traffic. My daughter took lots of photos, but none of them really turned out, I would love to see the one that the official photographer took, but haven't spent the time looking for it. So nice to talk with you! I am already looking forward to next year!!!

Cool...you will have to keep me posted if you something come up.
Ariel484 is very good at posting stuff here from facebook.
And the "perfect princess" thing is weird, as I am not perfect and really not too princessy either.
I hope they have some kind of meet up next year for all us. It would be fun to hear stories of why each of us started that first year.

Got the first of three shipments from my one ShopDisneyParks app order from shortly after Princess. Got the wrong item. Thankfully it's not a Princess thing, but a small world phone case that I didn't get. Got an Olaf snowglobe instead. Boxes sholdn't have even been the same size; not sure how that "switcheroo" (what we used to call it at amazon) happened!

last time I ordered from disneystore and got something that was wrong they did NOT make me happy in how they handled it. Hopefully since it's nearly 10 years later they've figured out how to be more like amazon and will do it right...

And now I'm hoping that the next two shipments simply contain the items I ordered...

Got the first of three shipments from my one ShopDisneyParks app order from shortly after Princess. Got the wrong item. Thankfully it's not a Princess thing, but a small world phone case that I didn't get. Got an Olaf snowglobe instead. Boxes sholdn't have even been the same size; not sure how that "switcheroo" (what we used to call it at amazon) happened!

last time I ordered from disneystore and got something that was wrong they did NOT make me happy in how they handled it. Hopefully since it's nearly 10 years later they've figured out how to be more like amazon and will do it right...

And now I'm hoping that the next two shipments simply contain the items I ordered...
Also got the wrong item - jacket instead of sweatshirt. A $40 mistake on their end...:confused3

I feel lucky that I got what I ordered! Just picked up the challenge I Did It shirt that I missed at the expo.

My next two shipments are arriving today. Fingers crossed!

ETA: they were fine.

Still waiting to hear about the Olaf vs phone case issue.

ETA: because I know we all care lol. They are responding to the swapped item issue very well. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter