2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I was looking at pictures from previous races and I couple a question for those that have done this before. Do you run with a belt or something to carry your stuff and/or water? It seems so many people don't from the pics! I get maybe not having your own water since there are water stations, maybe people with strong stomachs don't need to bring their own fuel and just use whatever is at the race, but I always have my phone, gels, little thing of electrolyte salts besides my water and car key. How do people run a half marathon with what seems like nothing? :confused:

I only run with water for long training runs outside. I find the water stops to be enough during Disney races (and most races in general). I carry my Gu's, keys, tissues, ID, chapstick, etc. in a Roo Sport. It's basically a little magnetic pocket that you tuck into your leggings/shorts/skirt. I don't like having a belt around my waist when I run. I also recently added a pocket for my phone to my leggings made from an old pair of leggings I didn't wear anymore. Because it would be a crime against humanity if more women's clothes had pockets (at least the cheap ones; all the ones I've seen with pockets are $50+ for running leggins and I'm more in the $15 category! lol).

I was looking at pictures from previous races and I couple a question for those that have done this before. Do you run with a belt or something to carry your stuff and/or water? It seems so many people don't from the pics! I get maybe not having your own water since there are water stations, maybe people with strong stomachs don't need to bring their own fuel and just use whatever is at the race, but I always have my phone, gels, little thing of electrolyte salts besides my water and car key. How do people run a half marathon with what seems like nothing? :confused:

I always run in shorts/skirt/capris that have little pockets in the front to hold gel packets or any other fuel. In the back zipper pocket I keep my id, cash, credit card. I also have carry a spibelt for my phone. I've never carried water in a race. Sometimes I will start with a throw away bottle that I either finish before the start or carry the first couple miles and then toss.

I only run with water for long training runs outside. I find the water stops to be enough during Disney races (and most races in general). I carry my Gu's, keys, tissues, ID, chapstick, etc. in a Roo Sport. It's basically a little magnetic pocket that you tuck into your leggings/shorts/skirt. I don't like having a belt around my waist when I run. I also recently added a pocket for my phone to my leggings made from an old pair of leggings I didn't wear anymore. Because it would be a crime against humanity if more women's clothes had pockets (at least the cheap ones; all the ones I've seen with pockets are $50+ for running leggins and I'm more in the $15 category! lol).

I swear I saw some w pockets at walmart recently Also Target has some w pockets in 20 range. I personally run in sparkle skirts so pockets are there.

What ictures are you looking at? If you're looking at the rundisney site, I tell you those haven't been updated in ages, so don't trust 'em. :)

If looking at self-posted pictures, remember people post their cute pictures, not the ones where they are loaded down with stuff. :) And flipbelts etc go under the shirt (at least it does with me!) so you won't necessarily see them.

AND people wear leggings with pockets and skirt/shorts sets with pockets, so again, you don't see what they have.

I don't post my pics because I don't even look at them anymore, because my face is doing some weird thing, my glasses make me look weird, I've got my phone in a ziptop baggie in one hand and my water bottle in the other and my upper arm goosh from losing 80 lbs is wiggling in a way that I find horrid...so I'm not posting those pictures. ;)

There are MANY people on the course with string baggies (if you wear one, make sure it's a quiet one not a rustly one, and once you put it on, cinch up the bottom strings so it's nice and firm to your back then tie them off) or The Tube belt, or spibelts or flipbelts or a variety of other belts, with water backpacks, carrying a bottle, etc etc etc. Do what you need to do for you. Don't do what someone else is doing if it won't work for you. :)

I have a Flipbelt for my fuel and tissues and stuff (although I don't carry much during Disney races, local races I carry more) and the pockets on my favorite running capris are perfect for my phone. I typically don't carry water during a Disney race, but I do have a bottle that goes in my Flipbelt if I want. I wear looser shirts to run in so you don't see the belt in the pictures, but it is there!

I swear I saw some w pockets at walmart recently Also Target has some w pockets in 20 range. I personally run in sparkle skirts so pockets are there.

Thanks! I'll have to check out Target. Whenever I've looked for pockets it seems like the only ones I find are Athleta or the faaancy Nike ones. Worst case, I can stick with my added pockets (as crooked as they are - I can't sew in a straight line to save my life).

I like shopping the clearance section the skirt I got for W&D with pocket was enough for me... I also have a belt I wore during castaway and on training runs

Thanks! I'll have to check out Target. Whenever I've looked for pockets it seems like the only ones I find are Athleta or the faaancy Nike ones. Worst case, I can stick with my added pockets (as crooked as they are - I can't sew in a straight line to save my life).

They are spendy but I am in the Athleta capri camp... love them and won't wear anything else to a race. I did get a few pairs of them on clearance for like $25, but not the plain black ones that I prefer. I love the side pockets on them, they hold my iphone 6 perfectly. I honestly choked a bit at the price when I bought my first pair but do not regret it at all. I just buy Walmart and Target shirts to even the price out a bit! Watch the website, it has sales all the time.

So at the water stations is it strictly H2O or a combo of powerade/H2O? I use that combo now when on long runs and it would be so nice not to wear my hydration belt. I'll still have to use my spibelt to hold my phone, but can shove snacks in my pockets. None of my shorts or skirts have a pocket big enough for my iPhone 6+. I tried the only pair of capris I have with a leg pocket deep enough and the phone was just too heavy and making my pants creep down. I tried it with and without the case and it was a no go.

They are spendy but I am in the Athleta capri camp... love them and won't wear anything else to a race. I did get a few pairs of them on clearance for like $25, but not the plain black ones that I prefer. I love the side pockets on them, they hold my iphone 6 perfectly. I honestly choked a bit at the price when I bought my first pair but do not regret it at all. I just buy Walmart and Target shirts to even the price out a bit! Watch the website, it has sales all the time.

90% of my stuff is Athleta with a few Nike & Lululemon thrown in. I can find good deals with them all the time and have had luck on eBay getting brand new with tag items.

So at the water stations is it strictly H2O or a combo of powerade/H2O? I use that combo now when on long runs and it would be so nice not to wear my hydration belt. I'll still have to use my spibelt to hold my phone, but can shove snacks in my pockets. None of my shorts or skirts have a pocket big enough for my iPhone 6+. I tried the only pair of capris I have with a leg pocket deep enough and the phone was just too heavy and making my pants creep down. I tried it with and without the case and it was a no go.

For the most part, it's like every other run, water and Powerade both.

It's so funny because I'll drop waaaay too much on bags or shoes (running and non), but when it comes to running clothes I'm always like "hmm, $25? too much - have to wait for the price to drop" lol. I really like the Tek Gear leggings from Kohls - they're cheap and fit me really well. Just wish they came with built in pockets.

And it's pretty much always the green Powerade. :(

I figured you guys might be interested in an update. Today was the 60 day mark for my DD's band trip. I had the MDE account all set up and ready to go at 7am. It was all going along fine, but then two of the park tickets disappeared from the account. I ended up spending more than an hour on the phone with tech help getting it fixed. All told, it took me almost 3:30 hours to get the fastpasses done for a group of 40.

I celebrated tonight by ordering myself the 2017 Tink Dooney tote. Lol!

I figured you guys might be interested in an update. Today was the 60 day mark for my DD's band trip. I had the MDE account all set up and ready to go at 7am. It was all going along fine, but then two of the park tickets disappeared from the account. I ended up spending more than an hour on the phone with tech help getting it fixed. All told, it took me almost 3:30 hours to get the fastpasses done for a group of 40.

I celebrated tonight by ordering myself the 2017 Tink Dooney tote. Lol!

Great job! Hope they appreciate all the work you have done for them!

Great job! Hope they appreciate all the work you have done for them!

Thanks. I think they appreciate how much time I have spent, but I don't think that they realize how much it will make a difference in April. Honestly, I don't really care as long as the kids have a good time.

I ordered Mickey graduation ears for the seniors, the box came today. They are so cute. There are 14 seniors in the group.

I wear a spibelt to carry by clip blocks/sport beans, inhaler, phone, and chapstick. The other item I must have when I run is a baby washcloth. My nose always runs when I do, especially if it is cold, and the washcloth doesn't fall apart like tissues do. The cheapie baby washcloths are thin, small, and perfect. It is kind of gross, but better than dealing with snot the whole time!

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know when fuel they will probably have? I know it is Clif. They had the blocks at my first race, and I honestly can't remember my second!

I wear a spibelt to carry by clip blocks/sport beans, inhaler, phone, and chapstick. The other item I must have when I run is a baby washcloth. My nose always runs when I do, especially if it is cold, and the washcloth doesn't fall apart like tissues do. The cheapie baby washcloths are thin, small, and perfect. It is kind of gross, but better than dealing with snot the whole time!

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know when fuel they will probably have? I know it is Clif. They had the blocks at my first race, and I honestly can't remember my second!
"A total of nine water and POWERADE®stops will be located along the course. Stops are placed approximately every 1.5 miles along the course, and both water and POWERADE® will be available at all nine stops. There will be one food stop with energy gel available at mile 7.7."

Clif gel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter