2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Trying to think of characters that were out for the half...

I'm sure i'm forgetting some, can anyone fill in the blanks? There were a couple of guys out with a car near the Car Care Center but i'm not sure that counts...

Thought those guys were weird (not the guys just the have dudes with a car) and so did 3 or 4 others I talked to who had never run the course.

Thought those guys were weird (not the guys just the have dudes with a car) and so did 3 or 4 others I talked to who had never run the course.
Super weird. I noticed there was a CM with them so I guess they were an "official" stop? I don't count photo-ops like that and the GF wedding pavilion guys as "real" character stops. Same with the vikings that were out in Norway during the 5K...:rolleyes2

I'm sure i'm forgetting some, can anyone fill in the blanks?

Gaston was at Be Our Guest too, and don't forget Cinderella and Prince Charming!

I stopped for a few pics this time. Had a pretty good race but my legs were so tired from the start from all the walking around the parks we did in the days before the race, plus running the 5K and 10K.

For me the 10K was the worst race as far as crowding, the half wasn't bad. I ran the 5K with my daughter and we had to zig zag somewhat but it wasn't too bad.

But if that guy who starts dead last and counts his "kills" (people, mainly women of course, he passes) posts there again I WILL comment. I saw him and his shirt in the line for beer and there were several of us (strangers) talking about how offensive that is.
This isnt a guy dressed in black who shoves his arm in front of peoples faces is it?? I saw a man do this to a woman in front of me and I originally thought he was joking but she looked furious and then ran in front of him and did the same thing back to him!!

I have to be honest I didnt enjoy the 5km it was far too crowded (I was in E) but the 10km and half were fun. I made a point of taking lots of pictures and having fun!! Did a lot of people get swept? I was panicking about the balloon ladies the whole time!

Trying to think of characters that were out for the half...

Pirates
Heroes
Villains (Evil Queen and Maleficent when I went by)
Buzz in Tomorrowland
Queen of Hearts at Teacups
Beast at Be Our Guest
Anna, Elsa and Kristoff on the castle
Woody in Frontierland
Mary Poppins Penguins near Grand Floridian
Tourist Genie at Golf Course
Coming back down World Drive, another chance at Heroes and Pirates
Mushu backstage at Epcot
Princess Daisy (!!) at Port of Entry
Characters at finish - it was Donald and Goofy for me.

I'm sure i'm forgetting some, can anyone fill in the blanks? There were a couple of guys out with a car near the Car Care Center but i'm not sure that counts...

EDIT: and the wedding pavilion guys, I always think that's a weird one.

In addition to those others have added, Mrs Incredible was out near the 5K mark.

But if that guy who starts dead last and counts his "kills" (people, mainly women of course, he passes) posts there again I WILL comment. I saw him and his shirt in the line for beer and there were several of us (strangers) talking about how offensive that is.

Ugh, yes. I saw his post in one of my groups and I found the whole concept frustrating. Seemed like some people really got into it, but I'm not a fan.

Another great story is about the winner of the race. She lost a family member last year and her family ran to celebrate her. I found the exact facts on a lavas Florida news feed. You can probably find it with a quick search.

She posted a pic on a princess Facebook page. Breezy little "sorry" to anyone she might have hit with her wings. I refrained from commenting. But if that guy who starts dead last and counts his "kills" (people, mainly women of course, he passes) posts there again I WILL comment. I saw him and his shirt in the line for beer and there were several of us (strangers) talking about how offensive that is.

I think I'm in the same group as you; I noticed that pic and the offhand "sorry if my wings caught you" remark. Those things look like they could have done some serious damage!

There were no characters out at Be Our Guest when I went by?? I was surprised as in the past they have been by those ramparts where Dumbo used to be??

I'm a bit late to report on this thread but just want to share my thoughts. Over all I had a good race weekend. I arrived Thursday and hit the expo. No lines and well stocked. Friend and I stayed at Kidani and bus transportation was great. I was in E for the 10k and I stopped and took pictures with every character. I was threaten with the balloon ladies many times but I just sprint past them after each photo. I did this because I know I won't be able to stop for the half. My half didn't start off well, I had tummy trouble, I think the spices from 3 meals at Sanaa got to me, I was very uncomfortable and had to stop for bathroom multiple times. I managed to finish at 3.16, I had hope under 3 but given the circumstances, at least I finished.. I found the half to be very crowded and it didn't thin out at all, I was in M and it was jammed the whole race. I got a pic with Prince Mickey at the Finish Line and that was the best :)

Next up, Tink for my pink C2C!

Gaston was at Be Our Guest too, and don't forget Cinderella and Prince Charming!
In addition to those others have added, Mrs Incredible was out near the 5K mark.
Snow White also out leaving backstage at MK if I recall correctly.
You're right!! I remember them now! ;) Thanks!
I never saw Princess Daisy either. Boo!!!
She was at the entrance to World Showcase:mile 12.75ish. I happened to see her walking away as she was heading out to touch up her make-up... :) I waited a few minutes and was first in line when she came back!

It is fun seeing the characters along the course. While not in the character category, my favorite were the Japanese drummers. I can't remember where they were, but remember lagging a bit until hearing them and picking up my pace to match their rhythm.
They are at the TTC about mile 4. They have been at every Princess. Real dedication, they must get up super early and beat those drums for hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter