• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

So I'm probably a little early for this, but is there a standard ig hashtag(s) for training or other PHM related posts? I know #princesshalf and #rundisney, just wondering if there are others I'm missing!

Sorry, just looking for some clarification. If something happens, can I transfer my 10k to 2018? I am currently registered for the enchanted 10k, and it's my first 10k ever. I've only done one 5k before and it's been several years. I'm going to train well I hope. But I'm worried about training injuries since I'm basically doing a couch to 10k.

If you ever figure out how to get it to produce, please let me know.

Oh, I'll be shouting from the roof tops if it does haha!

We'll see. Star wars dark side is still a possibility, but considering I've never seen SW I'm not as excited about it haha!

So I'm probably a little early for this, but is there a standard ig hashtag(s) for training or other PHM related posts? I know #princesshalf and #rundisney, just wondering if there are others I'm missing!

Usually I see people use: #runDisney #princesshalfmarathon #princesshalfmarathonweekend #runlikeaprincess #whyirundisney

But I usually like to come up with at least one of my own for the weekend too!

I am a long term lurker and am finally checking an item(s) off my bucket list. My friend and I are doing the 5k and Half. We also are planning to do the Tink Half as well - can't wait for those shiny medals and the Coast to Coast. We went through a travel provider and it was so easy. So excited as I've not been back to Disney since I went with my entire family in 2001. Once I figure out how to post a profile picture I will do that as well. At the time of the race, I will have 5 Halfs completed, but it will be my friend's first half.

Sorry, just looking for some clarification. If something happens, can I transfer my 10k to 2018?

Normally, runDisney will open up a small number of deferral slots 3-4 weeks before the race. If you get one, you'll pay a fee and your entry will be deferred to 2018. If they get filled before you snag one, you're out of luck and your entry fees for 2017.

You're right that #princesshalf is the "official" one. Not sure of one for training, but if you look at that one and #rundisney you're set. :)
hashtags.jpg

Sorry, just looking for some clarification. If something happens, can I transfer my 10k to 2018? I am currently registered for the enchanted 10k, and it's my first 10k ever. I've only done one 5k before and it's been several years. I'm going to train well I hope. But I'm worried about training injuries since I'm basically doing a couch to 10k.
As @FFigawi said, it's possible but not guaranteed that you could defer your entry to 2018. BUT - don't think about that now! Think about training well and getting ready for the race...you're already done a 5K so that is a great start (I know you said it has been several years, but just knowing that you have trained for and completed a race before has to help from a mental standpoint, I would think). If you find a good plan and stick to it I am sure you will be fine!
I am a long term lurker and am finally checking an item(s) off my bucket list. My friend and I are doing the 5k and Half. We also are planning to do the Tink Half as well - can't wait for those shiny medals and the Coast to Coast. We went through a travel provider and it was so easy. So excited as I've not been back to Disney since I went with my entire family in 2001. Once I figure out how to post a profile picture I will do that as well. At the time of the race, I will have 5 Halfs completed, but it will be my friend's first half.
Welcome!!

So I don't post much, but I do read the threads here...thank-you @Ariel484 for posting the registration links early! I'm excited to be running the GSC for the second year in a row and my third PHM in a row :)

Side note: it appears as though the GSC sold out at some point today...its showing as such on the active registration site.

Ah! You're right.

I really wonder if the runDisney bubble has burst. I never would have expected the Glass Slipper Challenge to take longer than 48 hours to sell out. I thought for sure it was going to be gone on Day 1. :confused3

So disappointed. My DD and I got into the Enchanted 10K, but our friends couldn't get in. We tried for almost 2 hours on Tuesday on a variety of computers to get them in and were unsuccessful. They went ahead and registered for the 5K so we can at least all go together for the weekend, but not being able to run together is a bummer. Can't believe how fast it filled up.

Hi everyone, I don't post very much but do tend to lurk about and get lots of tips from the posts here. Doing my first Glass Slipper Challenge plus 5k, super excited!! Did the Dopey in January so very happy there is no marathon involved in this challenge lol!! Anyway, I just wondered how you update your proof of time, there was a link on the Run Disney site for the Marathon Weekend this year but I can't seem to find one for the Princess Weekend, will there be one at a later date or do we email track shack?

Thanks so much in advance

So disappointed. My DD and I got into the Enchanted 10K, but our friends couldn't get in. We tried for almost 2 hours on Tuesday on a variety of computers to get them in and were unsuccessful. They went ahead and registered for the 5K so we can at least all go together for the weekend, but not being able to run together is a bummer. Can't believe how fast it filled up.

Similar story here. I was going to do the half, but dropped to the 10k+5k to run with my friends. I got into both, but they didn't, so now one of them is in the 10k with me, and the other in the 5k...ironically the one in the 10k is the least comfortable doing it, and wishes they were doing the 5k (and I'm wishing they were signed up for that too so I could do the 5k with both friends and the half myself).

Similar story here. I was going to do the half, but dropped to the 10k+5k to run with my friends. I got into both, but they didn't, so now one of them is in the 10k with me, and the other in the 5k...ironically the one in the 10k is the least comfortable doing it, and wishes they were doing the 5k (and I'm wishing they were signed up for that too so I could do the 5k with both friends and the half myself).
couldn't 10 k friend still buy into 5k? yes she will still have 10k.

So skipped so many pages, sorry got too far behind to try to catch up :)
Has anyone seen the In Training shirts? I thought they usually are posted right after registration?
I managed to get the GSC again :) I'm fundraising for the 5K through Children Miracle Network Hospitals so I only had to worry about getting registered for the GSC. I am so excited for it to be Belle! She is my absolute favorite!!

Has anyone seen the In Training shirts? I thought they usually are posted right after registration?

The last race I've seen them for was the Avengers Race. Haven't seen them for Star Wars lightside nor Princess.

The Avengers ones were weird. The wording for the Doctor Strange 10K looked like it said "In doctor training for the Strange 10K".

I just wondered how you update your proof of time, there was a link on the Run Disney site for the Marathon Weekend this year but I can't seem to find one for the Princess Weekend, will there be one at a later date or do we email track shack?

It should be on active.com. Just go to Active.com > My Events > View My Registration, and you should be able to update your proof of time. At least that's how it was for Star Wars Dark Side.

Now that I'm officially register I'm thinking more about what to wear! Has anyone here run in metallic leggings? I've seen pictures of people at the marathons, especially the scale ones for ariel, but I didn't know if they would breathe at all? Would like to hear of someone's personal experience.

Your friends could still get bibs through Travel Agents or Charity providers! :)
Hi everyone, I don't post very much but do tend to lurk about and get lots of tips from the posts here. Doing my first Glass Slipper Challenge plus 5k, super excited!! Did the Dopey in January so very happy there is no marathon involved in this challenge lol!! Anyway, I just wondered how you update your proof of time, there was a link on the Run Disney site for the Marathon Weekend this year but I can't seem to find one for the Princess Weekend, will there be one at a later date or do we email track shack?

Thanks so much in advance
@opusone is correct - you log in and edit your registration. I think they Made this change so PoT is password-protected. Make sure you take a screenshot or printout with you to the expo in case something looks weird with your corral placement!
Now that I'm officially register I'm thinking more about what to wear! Has anyone here run in metallic leggings? I've seen pictures of people at the marathons, especially the scale ones for ariel, but I didn't know if they would breathe at all? Would like to hear of someone's personal experience.
I've seen that too by never done it! It must be spandex - there are running skirts with similar fabric.

The last race I've seen them for was the Avengers Race. Haven't seen them for Star Wars lightside nor Princess.

The Avengers ones were weird. The wording for the Doctor Strange 10K looked like it said "In doctor training for the Strange 10K".

Bummer :( I remember the Avengers one. I didn't like any of them. I was hoping the PHM ones might include Belle.

So 100% gave in and added the 5k to my GSC. Looks like a very full race weekend for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter