• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Hey everyone! So excited for this race! I'll be turning 25 right before the trip and it will be just my mom and I! As a present to myself I'm buying myself a DB wrist-let this year. About when do they go on pre-sale? I want to make sure I don't miss it!
Also trying to figure out how to run as Princess Stitch from Pocket Princesses :)

Hey everyone! So excited for this race! I'll be turning 25 right before the trip and it will be just my mom and I! As a present to myself I'm buying myself a DB wrist-let this year. About when do they go on pre-sale? I want to make sure I don't miss it!
Also trying to figure out how to run as Princess Stitch from Pocket Princesses :)
You definitely won't miss it - someone will post it here. I'm in a few Disney Dooney groups on Facebook and they are the ones that always find the pre-order first!

Having said that, I DEFINITELY think it is smart to pre-order for this weekend. Lately runDisney has been making what I refer to as more "vague" patterns for the race Dooneys - so they don't acually reference the races at all (see the previous 2 race weekend Dooney patterns for examples of that). I think they do this so that the patterns appeal to the masses more and not just the people actually participating in the event. The Princess patterns especially pretty much ALWAYS sell out!
Definitely! Nothing wrong with wondering, just don't stress about it, people! lol They'll show us when they show us!
Exactly. I think it bothered me extra this year because I had to defer and was pretty upset about it...so in my mind I was just like, "man, I wouldn't care AT ALL what color the shirt was, I just wish I could actually go!" Not that people aren't allowed to have an opinion, I was just extra sensitive about it. :)

You definitely won't miss it - someone will post it here. I'm in a few Disney Dooney groups on Facebook and they are the ones that always find the pre-order first!

Having said that, I DEFINITELY think it is smart to pre-order for this weekend. Lately runDisney has been making what I refer to as more "vague" patterns for the race Dooneys - so they don't acually reference the races at all (see the previous 2 race weekend Dooney patterns for examples of that). I think they do this so that the patterns appeal to the masses more and not just the people actually participating in the event. The Princess patterns especially pretty much ALWAYS sell out!

Thanks! Yeah I think I would almost prefer it say race weekend, but I am hoping for it to feature Belle, she is my favorite :) I'll have to make sure I stay up to date on this thread :D

Thanks! Yeah I think I would almost prefer it say race weekend, but I am hoping for it to feature Belle, she is my favorite :) I'll have to make sure I stay up to date on this thread :D
Yeah, lately they have started having the patterns feature characters and then a race weekend hangtag.

I suspect they do this so that the patterns sell better - I've said it before about runDisney merchandise, and I'll said it again, Disney doesn't care WHO buys this stuff, they just care that it sells. Currently there are bags from last year's Disneyland Half Marathon at the Orlando outlets marked way down - those bags actually had the distances listed on them, so I'm thinking they were not as appealing to non-runners. Where patterns like the one below, a person can buy the bag and remove the tag, and voila - it's just a princess bag. Also, I think this enables Disney/Dooney to easily re-use these patterns later, after the races are done. They've done this with Avengers and Star Wars, and they just recently did it with the purple princess pattern below (wristlets and a different style of the crossbody bags recently were being sold in Downtown Disney...er, Disney Springs).

So again - pre-order is the way to go if you really want one of these bags! Also, I know way too much about Disney purses.

For those who hadn't seen previous patterns...

2015 (sold out at expo):
PHM750276.jpg

2016 (sold out at expo - ESPECIALLY the tote, I think that went within hours):
princess-dooney-and-bourke-handbags-670x480.jpg

vs. 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon pattern (still available at discount at Orlando outlets:
11951626_1243483469010946_8573977493002300750_o.jpg

And this year's Disneyland Half Marathon pattern...no mention of the races or the race distances:
dooney-crossbody-satchel-wristlet.jpg

Yeah, lately they have started having the patterns feature characters and then a race weekend hangtag.

I suspect they do this so that the patterns sell better - I've said it before about runDisney merchandise, and I'll said it again, Disney doesn't care WHO buys this stuff, they just care that it sells. Currently there are bags from last year's Disneyland Half Marathon at the Orlando outlets marked way down - those bags actually had the distances listed on them, so I'm thinking they were not as appealing to non-runners. Where patterns like the one below, a person can buy the bag and remove the tag, and voila - it's just a princess bag. Also, I think this enables Disney/Dooney to easily re-use these patterns later, after the races are done. They've done this with Avengers and Star Wars, and they just recently did it with the purple princess pattern below (wristlets and a different style of the crossbody bags recently were being sold in Downtown Disney...er, Disney Springs).

So again - pre-order is the way to go if you really want one of these bags! Also, I know way too much about Disney purses.

The handtag is cute. I like the last two patterns for princess weekend. I do like the one with the distances, but I also understand why they don't have it. They are in the money business.

Looked it up in the 2016 thread and pre-sale was around the beginning of Jan. I'll be watching :)

Exactly. I think it bothered me extra this year because I had to defer and was pretty upset about it...so in my mind I was just like, "man, I wouldn't care AT ALL what color the shirt was, I just wish I could actually go!" Not that people aren't allowed to have an opinion, I was just extra sensitive about it. :)

I know what you mean. I couldn't run the half, so I registered for the 5K and 10K. Then I couldn't do the 10K, so I had to defer that one. I know I still go to go, but seeing all the pretty shirts did make me kind of sad.

I am Dooney gal and then add Disney to the mix and I almost need a closet for just the bags ! :confused3

The DLH from last year is definitely one that gets the questions about the Disney races whereas the princess one gets a generic Disney comment. Totally agree with the other comments that Dooney is going away from putting race distances on the bag though I think there are so many DLH bags available since the background is grey which makes it a little blah but then again I still bought it!:banana:

I set my alarm for 3am, after getting up yesterday and running a half, to order one of each. I'm so excited. I also was lucky enough to get the 25% off glitch on the two smaller bags.

Same here! I didn't get up at 3 though - I was up at 5 and decided to check. I ordered the LC and the wristlet and got the 25% off - can't swing the tote too right now, and still use my Pop Princess tote a lot anyways, so at least I'll have those two pieces. Really crossing my fingers for decent placement, especially on the wristlet.

Did anyone buy a Beauty and the Beast Dooney today? They're on the Shop Parks app!

This one: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...iere-on-shop-disney-parks-app-in-august-2016/

My 16 month old was up sick all night so I ordered a crossbody at 5 am est lol. I used shop parks so it applied my AP and a discount. It is still processing 48 hrs layer thpugh so I'm starting to gwt scared it will get canceled bc They sold out so quick.

Q about the marathon.... I am new to exercise and weight loss, but I really want to try to do it. Will there be other "fluffy" girls like me?

My 16 month old was up sick all night so I ordered a crossbody at 5 am est lol. I used shop parks so it applied my AP and a discount. It is still processing 48 hrs layer thpugh so I'm starting to gwt scared it will get canceled bc They sold out so quick.

Q about the marathon.... I am new to exercise and weight loss, but I really want to try to do it. Will there be other "fluffy" girls like me?
Eek! I hope your order doesn't get canceled!

Disney races attract people of all shapes, sizes, abilities, experience levels, etc. :) Princess especially is very popular for newer runners!

I just checked on mine - it also shows as still processing :( I'm in a Disney Dooney group on facebook and some have reported getting shopping notices already. My last order (of non-limited Parks merch) through the app didn't ship until 3 days after the order date though, so I'm still in that window. Fingers crossed for both of us ...

I got a notice that my bags are going to be delivered on Friday, but we don't get home from vacation until Sunday.
I just checked on mine - it also shows as still processing :( I'm in a Disney Dooney group on facebook and some have reported getting shopping notices already. My last order (of non-limited Parks merch) through the app didn't ship until 3 days after the order date though, so I'm still in that window. Fingers crossed for both of us ...

The order that I did at 3am has already shipped. After I realized that there was a discount I went in an ordered an extra wristlet so that I could choose placement. That was around 8am. The second order is still in processing.

I got a notice that my bags are going to be delivered on Friday, but we don't get home from vacation until Sunday.

The order that I did at 3am has already shipped. After I realized that there was a discount I went in an ordered an extra wristlet so that I could choose placement. That was around 8am. The second order is still in processing.

Just got my shipping notification *whew* !!! :jumping1:

Eek! I hope your order doesn't get canceled!

Disney races attract people of all shapes, sizes, abilities, experience levels, etc. :) Princess especially is very popular for newer runners!

Totally agree with @Ariel484 . Having said that though, please please please train. 13.1 miles is no joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter