• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Hi all! I'm not a runner and know very little about the marathons. We're considering a bit of a last minute trip to Disney next month that will put us there during the Princess Half Marathon. We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Do you think it's worth taking them to participate in the 100m dash? We're looking for things to do since we'll be spending less time in the parks this trip. Thanks!

Hi all! I'm not a runner and know very little about the marathons. We're considering a bit of a last minute trip to Disney next month that will put us there during the Princess Half Marathon. We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Do you think it's worth taking them to participate in the 100m dash? We're looking for things to do since we'll be spending less time in the parks this trip. Thanks!
I think they would get a tshirt and a rubber finisher medallion. I bet any kid would love getting a "medal." :)

Do you think it's worth taking them to participate in the 100m dash? We're looking for things to do since we'll be spending less time in the parks this trip. Thanks!

If registrations are still available - why not! It'll be a LOT of fun and you can enjoy the time at the Expo too!

Hello all! Does anyone know what the time requirements were last year for corrals? I'm getting excited with all the marathon chatter and am trying to guess what corral I may be in. . I know you used to provide proof of time for anything under 3:15 but now it's 2:45. What was it in 2016? Can I assume similar corrals or will wverything change? Thanks!!

We did the kids races when my kids were 4 (a little older i know) and they loved it!! They got shirts and medals and still have the medals in their rooms (3 years later). Il

Hello all! Does anyone know what the time requirements were last year for corrals? I'm getting excited with all the marathon chatter and am trying to guess what corral I may be in. . I know you used to provide proof of time for anything under 3:15 but now it's 2:45. What was it in 2016? Can I assume similar corrals or will wverything change? Thanks!!
Under 2:45. No way to know how similar the Corrals may or may not be, it all depends on what kinds of times are submitted by the participants.

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and registered the boys since the kids dashes on the Friday were still open. Sounds like we'll have fun! :)

One question, since this is all new to me.. it says we have to pickup our package at the expo prior. I believe the expo starts at 9am on Friday and their dash is at 9:30. Is that enough time to grab their stuff? Or should I try going over there for the expo on Thursday? That's our arrival day, so might be tight but possible. Thanks!

Maybe I missed this, but Ive seen it posted a couple times on facebook. Is it true they are accepting registrations for Princess at the expo?

With the storm approaching those of us in the southeast it will be hard to get out and get in those miles. I did 8 on the TM this morning. Next week is 9 and I hope to be outside, time will tell. Then it is off to Colorado to ski for a couple of days and then home and hopefully a long run in before I head to DC to take care of my granddaughter for a few days. I am so glad I made up my mind that this year I was just going to finish and take time to spend in the parks.

@scottwvu I have no idea. Perhaps call runDisney?

I'm so excited!!! A friend went to the expo today and was able to sign me up for the Princess 5K! Now I get that adorable Chip and Mrs. Potts medal along with Glass Slipper! :jumping1:

Sidenote: My reservations at POP don't start until that Friday and they seem to be sold out for Thursday night, any recommendations for offsite hotels close to the race?

I'm so excited!!! A friend went to the expo today and was able to sign me up for the Princess 5K! Now I get that adorable Chip and Mrs. Potts medal along with Glass Slipper! :jumping1:

Sidenote: My reservations at POP don't start until that Friday and they seem to be sold out for Thursday night, any recommendations for offsite hotels close to the race?

That is wonderful. So the expo has registrations but not the site? Hmmm. I'll be at Star Wars next weekend and check out what random races they decided to open up.

That is wonderful. So the expo has registrations but not the site? Hmmm. I'll be at Star Wars next weekend and check out what random races they decided to open up.

Yes, they are saying that they sell bibs at the expos for the upcoming races (if any bibs are still available). They apparently have iPads set up where people can log into their Active accounts and sign up. I also got a $.01 discount for signing up at the expo! HAHAHA. :confused3

Yes, they are saying that they sell bibs at the expos for the upcoming races (if any bibs are still available). They apparently have iPads set up where people can log into their Active accounts and sign up. I also got a $.01 discount for signing up at the expo! HAHAHA. :confused3
what a deal! Hahaha

I wish someone else could buy my 10K registration :( Im sure there were people who weren't able to get in, and I am not going. Annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter