2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Maybe the merch will make up for it. I'd love a nice "I DID IT" (idiot) shirt because we'd get more use out of that than the medals.... or the jacket. Or... you know what I mean :)

Not sure we are ready for the expo chaos though! Lol

given the experience last year, anyone want to bet on how soon the cops will have to show up? :)

I believe the expo starts at 9am on Friday and their dash is at 9:30. Is that enough time to grab their stuff?

For me, no. I'd rather go the day before.

I'd love a nice "I DID IT" (idiot) shirt

So glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

I can't totally empathize with what WDW half marathoners went through this past weekend with the cancellation, but ugh. I'm really hoping for a nice, dry Princess weekend now. It can be freezing, but dry, please. And no wind. Wind saps my energy.

Hot Chocolate 15K in SF yesterday got shortened (they cut out the part that took us by the Bay and kept us in the shelter of the park so it was closer to a 10K) due to severe wind. Our predicted lightening and thunder wasn't due in for several hours so we didn't get totally cancelled. I was so soaked and freezing by the end I literally stripped out of my wet clothes in the parking garage at SF State and into dry ones. Modesty went out the window in favor of warmth.

Although now that I've said this, I'm sure I've doomed us, lol! I'm sorry in advance if I have!

Nice to see the Princess medals a little more upclose. I'm actually thrilled they're on the smaller side. I love the concept behind my Pixie Dust medals, but I hate the size. I love my Dopey more because of the size. Still not sure about that Princess half medal, though... It still looks ugly and not just that it photographs terribly :(. Really hoping I'll like it better in person.

How close are we to getting bib numbers? I can't remember when those are released.

It wasn't a precipitation issue, it was lightning that canceled the WDW Half on Saturday. So that's what we need to hope DOESN'T happen next month! :)

I know exactly why it was cancelled. If you read the rest of my post, I pointed out that the lightening and thunder part of the Bay Area's storm wasn't predicted until much later ;). And that that's why it wasn't cancelled like WDW half was cancelled.

I just don't want to run in rain and severe wind again so soon, lol!

I can't totally empathize with what WDW half marathoners went through this past weekend with the cancellation, but ugh. I'm really hoping for a nice, dry Princess weekend now. It can be freezing, but dry, please. And no wind. Wind saps my energy.

Hot Chocolate 15K in SF yesterday got shortened (they cut out the part that took us by the Bay and kept us in the shelter of the park so it was closer to a 10K) due to severe wind. Our predicted lightening and thunder wasn't due in for several hours so we didn't get totally cancelled. I was so soaked and freezing by the end I literally stripped out of my wet clothes in the parking garage at SF State and into dry ones. Modesty went out the window in favor of warmth.

Although now that I've said this, I'm sure I've doomed us, lol! I'm sorry in advance if I have!

Nice to see the Princess medals a little more upclose. I'm actually thrilled they're on the smaller side. I love the concept behind my Pixie Dust medals, but I hate the size. I love my Dopey more because of the size. Still not sure about that Princess half medal, though... It still looks ugly and not just that it photographs terribly :(. Really hoping I'll like it better in person.

I ran the Hot Chocolate almost 10k yesterday too. Don't worry me and my friend did the same thing in the parking garage. We just took turns blocking each other even though I'm sure that didn't help much haha.

Bummer on the WDW half being cancelled! I don't read that thread but does anybody know if they still got medals etc? I always worry about PHM getting cancelled and know I would be really disappointed after training so hard.

Bummer on the WDW half being cancelled! I don't read that thread but does anybody know if they still got medals etc? I always worry about PHM getting cancelled and know I would be really disappointed after training so hard.

They still got medals (even challengers) and what I consider to be very generous compensation options that they didn't have to do.

A lot of runners still went out and did their 13.1 miles too (being careful of the dangerous part of the storm, of course).

From what I saw this weekend, they were doing a better job of re-stocking the merchandise. I'm hoping for the same for Princess weekend!

Do you think that was because they were putting returned merchandise back? I saw several posts about people returning merchandise.

It wasn't a precipitation issue, it was lightning that canceled the WDW Half on Saturday. So that's what we need to hope DOESN'T happen next month! :)

Then again, W&D was turned into a 10K because of rain and heavy wind that blew foliage down all through AK last year, yes? So it's not just lightning that can mess with a race.

I'm gonna agree with the 2 week estimate. They (runDisney) have been releasing info pretty late!

We got our "download waiver, you can" emails for SW on 12/23. So that was 3 weeks out from the 5K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter