2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Anyone else having trouble linking the 10K photos? I keep getting an error. I know they can take some time to show up, but the 5K ones showed up really fast yesterday so just making sure I'm not alone waiting or doing something wrong. I'm using 2017 PRIN 10Kx xxxx (bib number).

A purchased a large spibelt that fits my iPhone 7+. And the clip on water bottle. I have used the spibelt for many years and love it.

Apparently it's also the Daytona 500 this weekend. I couldn't believe how crowded MCO was!

When I was picking up my car at the airport the first thing the woman at the counter asked was if I was here for the race, so of course I said yes. As she was finishing up she said she hoped I had good seats at the race. I was like, "uhh, I'm running?" That was how I found out about the Daytona 500. Lolol

Congrats to all the 10k runners!

Anyone else stand in line for something like 30 minutes to get a picture with Princess Minnie? While I was in line they did a character switch and so Minnie ran out "to check on Mickey" and then ran back. Even Minnie likes to run at Disney! ::MinnieMo

I don't know which it means. I was tempted to ask a couple of them about it. When I saw them the first thing I thought was that they were bandits...

Ran out of snack boxes??! What? :sad2:

I am not endorsing this but I could see if two people splitting a valid challenge bib and one running 10k and one half. Bib on the back would fix the picture issue/being caught. Not cool.
It's also sometimes a bib mule thing (fast runner getting you a good proof)
Ick to that one too!!!
I can also see people in costumes just thinking the bib gets in the way of their outfit looking nice. So a beginner mistake.

Ps....omg fairytale Minnie Mouse!!!! Omg!!!!

I did damage at the Pandora store. I finally got a bracelet. 20% discount for AP holders sucked me in.

Maybe they should put a QR code on the bibs. Instead of having the medals handed out right at the finish line they could have us go to a tent or table where they scan the code before handing over a medal. That might discourage the course jumpers.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the idea of him just taking off - he's so independent and I love that, but he's 4! That's still little! I think I'll run a ways behind him and hope he doesn't see me!

I would just tell him that I'm required to run near him at his age.

I saw that too and I was going to say something to them but figured they had some sort of strategy that I wasn't aware of....

I don't wear mine on my back but now I'm thinking about it. I don't care one little bit about pictures.

Had a woman avoid the boardwalk by sneaking through the cones at the hill by the international gateway... you're almost done... why do that to yourself????

Ugh.

I can also see people in costumes just thinking the bib gets in the way of their outfit looking nice. So a beginner mistake.

Not a mistake if they don't care about pictures.

A mistake is what I've seen in the past...people putting their gear bag stickers on their clothing!!

Anyone else having trouble linking the 10K photos? I keep getting an error. I know they can take some time to show up, but the 5K ones showed up really fast yesterday so just making sure I'm not alone waiting or doing something wrong. I'm using 2017 PRIN 10Kx xxxx (bib number).
You are doing everything right! I think it just takes some time.

Happy race day to all and a speedy recovery for any aches or injuries. The run was a blast and I'm super pumped for tomorrow's run. If you see a Pokémon go princess with pokeball Mickey ears, that's me! Gotta catch 'em all (medals that is)!

All this talk about 'illegitimate' runners has me wanting to sneak into the half! Lol jk...sad this weekend is over for me. Good luck to everyone running tomorrow!

So got this email from Lasting Commemoratives. RunDisney must have sold my email to them. I laughed when I saw this photo. GSC bib with the 3 medals and a race photo from Disneyland.

IMG_1176.jpg

Congrats to the 10K runners and best to those running the half tomorrow! Illness and unexpected circumstances at home had me leaving for the the airport instead of in my corral! I'm so sad this was the fate of my first run Disney challenge but health is first! Best to you all!

Seriously thinking of going off script tomorrow. Tried out my new larger spibelt that fits my iPhone 7+ and it seems pretty good. I could wear it and use the phone for photos but I would need to wear my glasses and I never run in them. It can cause sight issues as far a depth perceptions. And running in the dark not sure how that would be. Or I could just study my phone tonight without my glasses and learn the locations of what I need. I am new to the iPhone as well. Not sure what I will do.

FYI I just had to re-enter bib info for Photopass pics to come up for 10K. Earlier when I did it, I received error message but figured once the pics were up, they would automatically go to my acct. I was mistaken.

Pics are slowly coming in. I don't think I got any finishline photos because a guy tripped over the finisher pad when we did a jump finish. I hope he's okay but it threw off the photographers.

Be careful people. Don't do dumb things ;)

Seriously thinking of going off script tomorrow. Tried out my new larger spibelt that fits my iPhone 7+ and it seems pretty good. I could wear it and use the phone for photos but I would need to wear my glasses and I never run in them. It can cause sight issues as far a depth perceptions. And running in the dark not sure how that would be. Or I could just study my phone tonight without my glasses and learn the locations of what I need. I am new to the iPhone as well. Not sure what I will do.
If there is anything veteran runners will tell you, it is to never change anything last minute that would forgo comfort (whether mental or physical) to ensure having a great, fun, and most of all safe run. Being able to see (especially in the dark) is vital and some where back in these posts it was mentioned a runner merely stepped to the side of the course while still dark and ended up breaking an ankle. So I wouldn't change anything I'm used to.

Congrats to the 10K runners and best to those running the half tomorrow! Illness and unexpected circumstances at home had me leaving for the the airport instead of in my corral! I'm so sad this was the fate of my first run Disney challenge but health is first! Best to you all!

I hope everything is ok!

How silly of them.

FWIW when I put in name and email for the virtual goody bag I unchecked a box that would allow use of my email. Perhaps you didn't uncheck it?

I've been getting them for a couple months now. I like looking at the stuff I'll never buy LOL!!!'

Quickest way to get to your camera.
1. Press the round circle button on the bottom of the phone to bring up your lock screen (or whatever it's called).
2. Swipe to the left and camera app will open up.
3. Take photos :)
4. You won't be able to view them all unless you unlock your phone.

So got this email from Lasting Commemoratives. RunDisney must have sold my email to them. I laughed when I saw this photo. GSC bib with the 3 medals and a race photo from Disneyland.

View attachment 222223
Oooh I Hadn't seen this years medals. Wow that is a gorgeous half medal. Good luck to everyone running tomorrow morning. You're going to look fabulous with that bling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter