2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

New to F&W. Can someone tell me what the samplers cost? And can you buy a sampler and then sample from different booths or just at the same booth? If from different booths, where do you buy whatever you need to do this? Thanks!

New to F&W. Can someone tell me what the samplers cost? And can you buy a sampler and then sample from different booths or just at the same booth? If from different booths, where do you buy whatever you need to do this? Thanks!

All the details are here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/

It costs $65 + tax so each item you purchase with the sampler should cost at least $8.65 in order for you to break even on the cost of the sampler. That excludes all food items so unless you are interested in the pricier drinks it isn't worth purchasing. It can't be used on any Beer Flights, Wine Samplers, the $32 glass of Dom Perignon or the artist palette wine & cheese sampler.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/

It costs $65 + tax so each item you purchase with the sampler should cost at least $8.65 in order for you to break even on the cost of the sampler. That excludes all food items so unless you are interested in the pricier drinks it isn't worth purchasing. It can't be used on any Beer Flights, Wine Samplers, the $32 glass of Dom Perignon or the artist palette wine & cheese sampler.
Thank you! Can you tell me how a wine sampler works?

Thank you! Can you tell me how a wine sampler works?

Normally the wine pours at the booths are 2oz. In the sampler there are 3 1oz. pours of the wines offered at that specific booth. There are only a few booths that have the wine sampler, actually they call it a wine flight. They can be found at the Spain, Africa & Germany booths.

Thanks, karrit2000. I understand now.
They try to make the Tasting Sampler sound like a good deal but unless you do your research it can be a rip off. In the past a few of the food items cost at least if not a little more than the break even cost per item for the sampler coupons but this year there isn't one food item being offered that costs that much. So most of us don't plan to use the sampler coupons for any food. I'm planning to use it for the other 2 champagnes & the 2 Kurt Russell "Gogi" wines and some of the Cocktails. Those 2 champagnes & the Kurt Russell wines alone would cost $54 at the festival if you buy them without using the Tasting Sampler coupons so anything else I get with the sampler will be above the break even point.

Last edited:

Wow- check out those wine pours at the top of the page! Yeah right Disney- we're on to you there!

I'm almost afraid to point it out, but that Moët & Chandon Brut Rose Imperial champagne is $16 if you pay cash. That is one fantastic use of a coupon. :)

Yeah, if you use it for drinks like this it is a great deal! I used one this past weekend on 3 Moet @ $16 each, 1 Kurt Russell Pinot Noir @ $15, and 1 La Passion Slush @ $10.75. I have 3 tabs and a couple of samplers left to use for our trip in Oct.

So if you use the price of $8.65 a tab, I saved $30.50. If you take the pin into consideration and use the price of $8.16 per tab, I saved $32.95.

Not a bad deal!

I'm almost afraid to point it out, but that Moët & Chandon Brut Rose Imperial champagne is $16 if you pay cash. That is one fantastic use of a coupon. :)
Yes, that's why I'm planning to use the sampler for The two non-excluded champagnes & the 2 Kurt Russell wines. Whatever I use the coupons on after that I will be beyond the break-even point since those four alone come to $64 if you pay cash. I went through the lists and I could probably get value out of 3 tasting samplers if I taste all the drinks I either definitely want or might want to try. I will be spending 3 weeks @ WDW between the end of September & the middle of November so I should have plenty of time to try out a lot of F & W items.

Yes, that's why I'm planning to use the sampler for The two non-excluded champagnes & the 2 Kurt Russell wines. Whatever I use the coupons on after that I will be beyond the break-even point since those four alone come to $64 if you pay cash. I went through the lists and I could probably get value out of 3 tasting samplers if I taste all the drinks I either definitely want or might want to try. I will be spending 3 weeks @ WDW between the end of September & the middle of November so I should have plenty of time to try out a lot of F & W items.

Your math is $10 off :flower3: but we did the same thing... used tabs for these and several passion slushes! We both liked the Moet rose quite a lot and had no problem spending the equivalent of $8.65 for it. The Gogi wines on the other hand... meh. Would not spend another $8.65 on either of those!

Veuve Clicquot champagne $13
Moet & Chandon rose $16
Gogi Pinot noir $15
Gogi Chardonnay $10
Total $54

While the actual cooking is done elsewhere, assembling the dish happens at the booths, so yes, you can make reasonable requests like this. However, they do have prepared samples assembled (faster that way) so you would have to wait for a special order.

I know this is very specific, but does anyone know if you can get the Lamington cake without shredded coconut on it?

Did you say it DOESNT include food? That link says it includes food.

Either way we purchased it last year. It was a pain in the ****. I was so consumed with getting my monies worth I was choosing things I didn't really want.

Either way we purchased it last year. It was a pain in the ****. I was so consumed with getting my monies worth I was choosing things I didn't really want.
@BigAlsGal I think they meant that there were no food items that broke the $8.65 break-even-price - not that the sampler couldn't be used for food.

Your math is $10 off :flower3: but we did the same thing... used tabs for these and several passion slushes! We both liked the Moet rose quite a lot and had no problem spending the equivalent of $8.65 for it. The Gogi wines on the other hand... meh. Would not spend another $8.65 on either of those!

Veuve Clicquot champagne $13
Moet & Chandon rose $16
Gogi Pinot noir $15
Gogi Chardonnay $10
Total $54
You are right. That's what I get for not double checking my calculations with an actual calculator. I still want to try the Gogi

What I meant was there are no food items that cost at least the minimum amount per coupon to break even on the cost. Sorry for the confusion. You can use it on food if you want but you will actually be wasting the coupons if you do since you are better of paying for anything that doesn't cost at least $8.65. If you want to use the Sampler you need to do your homework to make sure to at least break even just like everyone advises those who use the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter