• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

Would love to see the menus for Epcot Holiday Festival. We'll be there starting Dec 9th. For someone who always went during F&W, last year was the first Holiday season trip and we really enjoyed it. I saw that some of the F&W booths were re-purposed for the Holiday festival and even though the experience was not like F&W, it made for a good transition for us. So instead of stopping cold turkey, we were weaned off the F&W.

John

Just experienced the Sunset Blvd Christmas show. My quick impressions:
-Projections on ToT were pretty cool. The sound for the music was really good. I recommend getting a spot down close to the Tower to best see the projections. First time through tonight we watched it from halfway up Sunset and images were not as clear.
-Lots of people will like the snow. I’m not to crazy about the soapy version of snow but I know I’m in a minority.
-Pretty good synthesis of lighting on the trees and decorations
-We didn’t try any of the special drinks and snacks. We had a Primetime ADR right before this thing started.
-Got a couple rides in on ToT and RnRC with no wait at all
-Passholder merch was lame. A red shirt with those two elves from Prep and Landing. Didn’t interest me at all
Thanks for the review!

Would love to see the menus for Epcot Holiday Festival. We'll be there starting Dec 9th. For someone who always went during F&W, last year was the first Holiday season trip and we really enjoyed it. I saw that some of the F&W booths were re-purposed for the Holiday festival and even though the experience was not like F&W, it made for a good transition for us. So instead of stopping cold turkey, we were weaned off the F&W.

John
Check the Disney Food Blog where the menu and prices are located. Also check the DIS Restaurant Board:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/epcot-international-festival-of-the-holidays/

We did the Easter Egg Hunt last year with my kids (8 and 10). They loved it! Actually all four of us enjoyed it. We're going next month and they can't wait to do the Ratatouille version. I think it's geared for a wide age range. The younger kids will probably need more help finding the ornaments in each country, whereas older kids may not. Either way they enjoy finding them and putting the sticker on the map. I did google the Easter Egg Hunt and found a website that had hints so if we were searching for too long, I looked up a hint.

What was the end prize? I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not it's worth it to purchase two books. If it's something like an ornament as the prize we can do just one, but if it's a pin we'll have to do two as my son and I both collect them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter