2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

I would love to so JBJB and the dessert party but if we can't fit in everything the Sunset Seasons stuff is higher priority. The night we are there is one that will have Star Wars fireworks later but we won't be trying to see them. We'll do those another night later in the trip
We went to HS on Friday to see the holiday offerings and really enjoyed what we saw! It was a higher crowd day so that probably affected our timings. We didn’t do the dessert party so I can’t speak on that, but it did look nice. If you go at 6:30 when it looks like the party starts, it would depend on park closing time that night. I walked down Sunset at 6:05 and Sunset Greetings had already started. It was really neat and we enjoyed it! We actually watched some of the shows more than once. They played every couple of minutes so we got to see them all at least once. We collectively spent probably 15 or 20 minutes over there. We watched some of it while taking pp pictures or going to a fp. Some people saw one and then left. You could possibly see all of them before the party or see them after the show.

We went to HS on Friday to see the holiday offerings and really enjoyed what we saw! It was a higher crowd day so that probably affected our timings. We didn’t do the dessert party so I can’t speak on that, but it did look nice. If you go at 6:30 when it looks like the party starts, it would depend on park closing time that night. I walked down Sunset at 6:05 and Sunset Greetings had already started. It was really neat and we enjoyed it! We actually watched some of the shows more than once. They played every couple of minutes so we got to see them all at least once. We collectively spent probably 15 or 20 minutes over there. We watched some of it while taking pp pictures or going to a fp. Some people saw one and then left. You could possibly see all of them before the party or see them after the show.
Thanks. We did the Dessert Party last year and always enjoy them at HS. We'll be doing the SW party on another day.

The park is open till 10:00 that night and it will be very crowded.
We'd plan to do JBJB Dessert Party first, then go to Sunset. Sounds like we can do that and still get out of the park by 9:00 at the latest, earlier would be even better. I'm thinking 8:00 may even be a reasonable time, if we are lucky.
The hurdle we'll have to tend with is
JBJB at 6:30 and then F! at 7:00. Can we view stuff along Sunset while the F! folks are still in the show? I'm thinking we can but I suspect we'd be finished and ready to go about the time it gets out

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, I haven't had time to scroll through the entire thread. The hours for the International Festival of the Holidays (or whatever it's called) at Epcot are listed as 9am-9pm. Does this mean the World Showcase will be open at 9am instead of the usual 11am through the holidays?

No, WS still open at 11am. The only festival offering available prior to that is the festival center, and the smaller shops along the walkway. Also of note, today at least, the food booths weren't opening until NOON, not 11am.

Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not snack credits can be used for the International Festival of Holidays at Epcot? I've read conflicting things...

I am sooooo excited to see almost everything is a snack credit! I am really glad I planned multiple days at Epcot!

Scanning through it and the $8 fondue is a snack credit. That is a great way to get a meal using snack credits! :)
I know, hey?! Our first full day is at Epcot and before I saw this thread I was waffling between a sit down lunch or counter service, but that just became a really easy decision. :)

I know it just started, but historically how long are the lines at the food booths? Thinking of my full Epcot day, a Saturday, 12/2. I was planning for 10 minutes for each booth line.

I know it just started, but historically how long are the lines at the food booths? Thinking of my full Epcot day, a Saturday, 12/2. I was planning for 10 minutes for each booth line.
For a Saturday, you may need to adjust upwards... there’s a lot of alcohol being sold at many booths!

No one knew about the holiday food booths last year, so there was no to very little wait (this was xmas week). I inspect an increase this year - better marketing.

This is our family’s first time going to WDW in December and we are incredibly excited! We’ll be there 12/29-1/1. Since we are holiday season newbies, we’re wondering if all of the Christmas hoopla is still in full swing after 12/25? I know the parties are over. Does anything else end after Christmas day?

This is our family’s first time going to WDW in December and we are incredibly excited! We’ll be there 12/29-1/1. Since we are holiday season newbies, we’re wondering if all of the Christmas hoopla is still in full swing after 12/25? I know the parties are over. Does anything else end after Christmas day?
One thing that ends is Santa’s meet and greet. Santa Goofy replaces him in some venues.

After the parties end at MK they do the Christmas parade during the day until NYE and Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays goes on until 12/30. Most other things keep going until NYE

Anyone know if they are doing the drone show this year at Disney Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter