Oh we need details!

Where did you dine
Which plan did you have

Thanks!

Oh we need details!

Where did you dine
Which plan did you have

Thanks!

Former full time CM, with several friends who serve/manage. They've been talking via FB about it the last few days. Overall the training has been close to nothing other than the obvious don't give kids alcohol, one drink per person, and that's about it.

Today went pretty smooth from what I've read. I've heard one virgin drink isn't being taken off via the DDP, so management is just voiding those and that "glitch" should be fixes with a quick software edit. Otherwise it's sounding very basic, bottled water, the clip on tinkerbell cups, and all virgin drinks are covered for minors. Adults, everything to a price limit(wine has some cut off limit as a prior post showed), but wine flights are not included.

Happy New Year, I know it's only January 2nd but anyone there now that can confirm....

Can an Adult order alcoholic beverages B,L,D? All 3 meals?

Regarding alcoholic beverages, is there a monetary limit, brand limit, type limit?

Are child and adult credits still pooled ?

I've yet to hear of any restaurants making major changes such as bringing in alcohol. A restaurant just can't serve alcohol. They would have to have a service bar, and a bartender. They means the space for said bar, hiring the staff, training all the servers on alcohol handling procedures, inventory issues, having the computers all updated to sell said items, etc, etc, ETC.

With this new dining plan, it's going to be up to the user on how they use the credits. If you use the credits at a location that doesn't serve alcohol, then alcoholic drinks are simply not an option for you, for that meal.

My question is for buffets that already serve alcohol like Boma. Will the alcoholic beverage be included as a part of the dining plan credit or will the buffet only include non alcoholic beverages? The description on the Dining Plan page isn't clear. It says:

Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):

• 1 Appetizer
  • 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
-OR-

• 1 Full Buffet** or Family-Style Meal

So it doesn't specifically indicate that you can choose an alcoholic beverage with your buffet meal but it calls it out for a regular table service meal. So are they treated differently in terms of what you can choose?

I've yet to hear of any restaurants making major changes such as bringing in alcohol. A restaurant just can't serve alcohol. They would have to have a service bar, and a bartender. They means the space for said bar, hiring the staff, training all the servers on alcohol handling procedures, inventory issues, having the computers all updated to sell said items, etc, etc, ETC.

With this new dining plan, it's going to be up to the user on how they use the credits. If you use the credits at a location that doesn't serve alcohol, then alcoholic drinks are simply not an option for you, for that meal.

The curiosity is about what the plan covers at buffets that already serve alcohol, because the per-person price specifies that a non-alcoholic beverage is included. So the speculation is that dining plan users won't be able to get alcohol at fixed-price restaurants and buffets because the included, non-alcoholic drink would account for the plan's drink entitlement.

My question is for buffets that already serve alcohol like Boma. Will the alcoholic beverage be included as a part of the dining plan credit or will the buffet only include non alcoholic beverages? The description on the Dining Plan page isn't clear. It says:

Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):

• 1 Appetizer
  • 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
-OR-

• 1 Full Buffet** or Family-Style Meal

So it doesn't specifically indicate that you can choose an alcoholic beverage with your buffet meal but it calls it out for a regular table service meal. So are they treated differently in terms of what you can choose?

Sorry.

Yes, I can 100% say alcohol is included plus the buffet, which includes fountain drinks, juice, water, milk, tea.

So one adult, of age 21+, on the dining plan can get the buffet, a coke to drink and a beer, and that's all covered.

...speaking for Ohana at least, but I assume all other buffets would be the same.

How about the fancier items like flights compared to a beer or regular glass of wine? Will they be included or do you pay a premium on top of the credit?

I am sure Disney is happy to charge $4 and $6 more for something not everyone will use. Or that people had been receiving for "free" (milkshakes) to maximize a dining credit.
ooooohh Great question. I want to know about the flights as well.

A cm has indicated flights are not covered. The picture of the wine menu from fb also excludes flights

Funny thing, it's mostly due to labor, not cost. Whatever bartender these restaurants have, they are now suddenly thrown alot more drinks to make every night. A flight is basically making 3 drinks for the cost of one. Luckily the higher ups realized this and made the right decision.

Sorry.

Yes, I can 100% say alcohol is included plus the buffet, which includes fountain drinks, juice, water, milk, tea.

So one adult, of age 21+, on the dining plan can get the buffet, a coke to drink and a beer, and that's all covered.

...speaking for Ohana at least, but I assume all other buffets would be the same.

That is what I'm hoping to hear... I'd love a POG mimosa with breakfast at Cape May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter