2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On different threads, people keep talking about Disney unpooling the credits because of the alcohol component. Though Disney may unpool the credits at any time, I don't think the alcohol will be the reason. Ten year olds are considered adults on the dinning plan...that's a long way from being of legal age to drink...separating the credits only eliminates the 3-9 year olds from the discussion.

On different threads, people keep talking about Disney unpooling the credits because of the alcohol component. Though Disney may unpool the credits at any time, I don't think the alcohol will be the reason. Ten year olds are considered adults on the dinning plan...that's a long way from being of legal age to drink...separating the credits only eliminates the 3-9 year olds from the discussion.
I'm one who strongly believed they were ( are?) going to unpool the credits but not because of the alcohol. I was thinking that they must be doing some pos upgrades and now would be the time. Maybe they'll do it in the near future, maybe not at all....who knows. I'm still waiting to hear if sharing a credit between 2 guests is still allowed.

Pardon my ignorance but was there a time when sharing a credit between 2 guests wasn't allowed? I know it can't be done at buffets, prix fixe meals and Via Napoli but hasn't it always been OK anywhere else?

Seems like it would still be way less time than making a cocktail with multiple ingredients, shaking, etc. I would think it would be more of a price issue than a labor issue for the flights.

Hard liquor bottles have those plastic pour caps so a bartender doesn't have to measure. They can do a 2 count or a 3 second count and know how much was poured. Plus if a drink had 2 or even 3 hard liquors, the bartender can pour all 3 at once.

As the other person said, a flight has 3 times the amount of glasses. Think of all the prep work to wash those, and to polish those. Then if the wine is a twist top, you have to open, pour, and reclose 3 bottles. Those pours can't be based on timing so they have to be measured and be precise. Too little and the guest complains. Too much and your liquor count will be off. Making a bahama mama or similar is 10 times easier.

Ok, I received confirmation that the light up buzz and tink cups are not included as they are viewed more of a souvenir cup than a beverage.

Thanks for confirming. This is disappointing since adult priced children aren’t receiving any additional benefit with the large price increase. I think it’s already overpriced to charge a 10 year old the same price as an adult, but now they’re paying even more for the same drink menu that was included in previous years.

We usually get the deluxe plan, but I don’t drink 3 alcoholic drinks a day and if my kids aren’t receiving any added benefit either I don’t know if we can justify the large price increase.

Thanks for confirming. This is disappointing since adult priced children aren’t receiving any additional benefit with the large price increase. I think it’s already overpriced to charge a 10 year old the same price as an adult, but now they’re paying even more for the same drink menu that was included in previous years.

We usually get the deluxe plan, but I don’t drink 3 alcoholic drinks a day and if my kids aren’t receiving any added benefit either I don’t know if we can justify the large price increase.

Speciality drinks are now included at buffets. Yes I realize not everyone goes to the buffet/family style restaurants.

The alcohol is a component because there are many who buy the DxDDP and use the kid's credits to buy an adult meal FOR AN ADULT who then can get an alcoholic drink. They were already losing big bucks with just getting adult meals for that kid price. Adding a $15 drink two or three times a day could be enough for someone counting those beans to say they need to change it.

Pardon my ignorance but was there a time when sharing a credit between 2 guests wasn't allowed? I know it can't be done at buffets, prix fixe meals and Via Napoli but hasn't it always been OK anywhere else?

You've always been able to share a credit between 2 guests who are both on the plan (except Via Napoli and buffets). There was a time that you could NOT share your credits (buy meals) for those who were NOT on your plan, but that is no longer the case.

The alcohol is a component because there are many who buy the DxDDP and use the kid's credits to buy an adult meal FOR AN ADULT who then can get an alcoholic drink. They were already losing big bucks with just getting adult meals for that kid price. Adding a $15 drink two or three times a day could be enough for someone counting those beans to say they need to change it.

You've always been able to share a credit between 2 guests who are both on the plan (except Via Napoli and buffets). There was a time that you could NOT share your credits (buy meals) for those who were NOT on your plan, but that is no longer the case.

This is interesting. So you can’t share a credit if you aren’t on the plan?

My mother in law will have the deluxe dining. My son and I are in a separate room and do not have dining. She had planned to use some of her credits to pay for our meals. Can my son and I split a credit? Thinking of Sci Fi and Tony’s. We’d have an app, entree, and dessert, which is plenty for the two of us.

Under the new dining plan does the alcoholic beverage take the place on the nonalcoholic? Before the addition of the adult drinks on the dining plan, I would often order a Diet Coke as my dining plan drink and also order a bar drink at TS restaurants. Under the new plan, will I need to plan on paying OOP for the Diet Coke?

I think I have this right, but just asking for clarification. I have the deluxe plan. Two friends are joining me for the day, and are not staying onsite with a dining package. I would be able to use 3 of my credits to buy lunch for myself and my two friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter