2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the description of the Cicerone makes me giggle. My husband is now a certified Cicerone - so i'll save money on the VIP tour as I can get my own personal beer speak ;)

What time does the booking window for special events open up on June 14?

Is there usually early booking windows for AP?

Even though booking opens in just 5 days, it doesn't look like there is a lot to book. I just saw PFTS, the Saturday breakfasts and the Mix it, Make it Seminars and a few other random events. This seems really odd. Why are they throwing these few things out there for booking so quickly, when the "whole thing" doesn't seem ready yet? If the events weren't announced until mid-July last year, why are they doing this so much earlier this year with just a few things? I'm confused....it just feels like this is not being well-planned and I'm a little worried about how this is all going to play out.

Even though booking opens in just 5 days, it doesn't look like there is a lot to book. I just saw PFTS, the Saturday breakfasts and the Mix it, Make it Seminars and a few other random events. This seems really odd. Why are they throwing these few things out there for booking so quickly, when the "whole thing" doesn't seem ready yet? If the events weren't announced until mid-July last year, why are they doing this so much earlier this year with just a few things? I'm confused....it just feels like this is not being well-planned and I'm a little worried about how this is all going to play out.

Agree it appears there are some TBDs but a lot is out there. All the food demos, beverage demos, Sunday brunches, cheese seminars, various “pavilion events” like Parisian breakfast, tequila lunch, Italian food and wine pairing etc.

ETA: My bad- didn’t read closely enough. You’re absolutely right a lot say TBD. Hmmmmm

Last edited:

Wow! So much info! And so early!!! I like the sound of a mimosa bar! Seems like fewer celeb chefs than usual and changed that event to a breakfast buffet including a photo opp. Looks like they are under promising the perks in the Wine View Lounge at Party for the Senses (wish there was also a price reduction) and no Disney Springs themed party, which I thought was so good, food-wise. Some of the kid events sound cute.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...d-and-wine-festival-new-events-eats-and-more/

I've always purchased the cheap seats but I've now been officially priced out of this event. A $50 increase pp is a bit much for me.

It’s an adventure every year... ... ;)

I've always purchased the cheap seats but I've now been officially priced out of this event. A $50 increase pp is a bit much for me.

Wine View is +$20 but appears to have reduced benefits - no private bar, cheese cart/station, eat to beat reserved seating... that parting gift better be pretty great!

I’m thinking the same. And I notice the description says Wine View can check in earlier but doesn’t specifically reference early access to the party.

It looks like you just get early check in and transportation from the front gate to the event

Wine View is +$20 but appears to have reduced benefits - no private bar, cheese cart/station, eat to beat reserved seating... that parting gift better be pretty great!

It looks like you just get early check in and transportation from the front gate to the event

Description is up on disneyworld.com and all those things - bar, cheese, eat to beat seats - ARE included in Wine View Lounge. Description still only talks about check in time (vs early access to party). Still not sure I an justify it but at least those perks didn’t go away.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-party-for-senses/

Mix it make it celebrate it is just on Wednesday & Thursday - was that the case last year? I don't remember being down there in the middle of the week, but I also might be remembering it wrong. We're heading home Wednesday this year and with it so late in the day I'm going to miss out! Really hoping for the Parisian Breakfast to be available when we're there, I love that one. I haven't tried any of the Italian/Moroccan/Mexican pairings, but maybe this is the year to do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter