2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called for the Candy Sushi reservation - the CM I spoke with said it seems like that is what every call they are getting this morning is for and that you 100% have to call (at least for now - it won't book on the website)

Unfortunately it was completely booked up for the only day we have at EPCOT - she checked both times and different size parties, etc. nothing, nada, ziltch

It is the first day so I bet a lot of bloggers and stuff are signed up for it to cover it, but a bit of a bummer

I just called and was told it was all booked, for the 2 different dates we will be in epcot, both times each day, and she even tried breaking us up into a smaller party:(

I would try calling again... the first time I called there was no availability for any party size on my dates... I tried again 5 minutes later and was able to book for all 4 of us!

Ugh I called back again and still nothing...the only availability was 1 time on 1 day of our whole trip, but we will be at our HEA dessert party for my birthday that day. Bummer. Hoping something opens up..

How much seating is around for eating F&W food? Do some areas have more tables than others?
Not much. When doing it with my parents who needed some time off their feet we would try to find a bench and then various fam members would be "runners" for food. We'd all meet back at the bench to eat and drink, some would sit, some would stand and then we'd do it all over again hitting booths within the vicinity. It's more time consuming doing it that way but standing their way around WS was getting tiring for them so this worked well by the end of our trip.

Food and Wine Festival possibility coming to Disney Cruise Line? Disney cruise line is currently sending out surveys regarding different themed DCL cruises. One of the options is a Food and Wine Festival themed cruise.

International Food & Wine Theme - Prepare your taste buds for a cruise of worldly culinary delights. Special locations onboard will be serving small plates and beverages from various countries, providing your family with authentic cuisine from iconic destinations.

I'd certainly be interested in this cruise if it was actually offered.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ey-hints-at-future-themed-day-at-sea-cruises/
OHMYGOSH the money they could make with a F&W cruise :faint:

For those going for Candy Sushi, remember our F&W booking experiences of the past. Disney will slowly load the slots into the system for booking at their whim. Try again later today, try again tomorrow. Sometimes we'd see events that didn't open for a couple days from when they were supposed to.

For those going for Candy Sushi, remember our F&W booking experiences of the past. Disney will slowly load the slots into the system for booking at their whim. Try again later today, try again tomorrow. Sometimes we'd see events that didn't open for a couple days from when they were supposed to.

Online is no longer giving the call WDW-DINE message and just says the 'no tables available...' message so I agree with you. Not super imperative that we do this so if we can book it online than we will but if not we will skip it. Don't feel like calling in for something this minor.

Just called. Sushi is all booked up for my dates. The (awesome) CM looked a little deeper into it. Apparently there are no more than 5 groups reserved for each session. He estimates that the capacity is 10-12 "kids" per session (I had to remind him it was for kids of all ages).

He had a theory (you know how their theories go). He thinks 1 of 2 things. One, that they are testing the waters with only two class times to see the interest and may add more times at a later date. Or two, they will look to move the location to a larger site for more participants.

Personally, as this is complimentary, I don't see them adding any more times or moving to a larger location. Disney isn't making any money off of this so I'm surprised this is even an option. Idk. He suggested going to the DPB and writing comments regarding availability and hopefully they will do something. :confused3

See. I feel bad taking spots from “kids”. But at the same time even if my daughter is the only one that did it we’d be there with her sooo...

I was thinking I should enter via International Gateway on my arrival day -- I'll be Uber-ing over from AoA. I should hopefully be entering around 11:45, and I'm booked to go to a culinary demonstration at the Festival Center at 12:30. Now I'm rethinking entering via IG, as I would need to walk all the way around World Showcase. Would it make more sense to come in via the regular entrance? I'd have to bypass grabbing a snack or two as I walked, but I think that could wait until later.

Random thought, but has anyone seen/heard whether the pizza window at Via Napoli will be available during the festival? My DH and I loved this feature. Being able to walk up to a window and be handed tasty pizza? Yes please!

I just tried calling to book the candy sushi class for 10/22 at 5:30 and no go on this side. I thought I’d have better luck later in the festival, but guess not.

Last edited:
I was thinking I should enter via International Gateway on my arrival day -- I'll be Uber-ing over from AoA. I should hopefully be entering around 11:45, and I'm booked to go to a culinary demonstration at the Festival Center at 12:30. Now I'm rethinking entering via IG, as I would need to walk all the way around World Showcase. Would it make more sense to come in via the regular entrance? I'd have to bypass grabbing a snack or two as I walked, but I think that could wait until later.
If it were me, I'd do the normal entrance at that time. It shouldnt' be as long of lines as rope drop for example...and WS would have already been open for a bit too. But, I love a good IG sneak in / out haha

I have a feeling Dh might not be thrilled about the candy sushi I booked lol. We had a dinner planned that night so I might need to change that to a later time.

Just called. Sushi is all booked up for my dates. The (awesome) CM looked a little deeper into it. Apparently there are no more than 5 groups reserved for each session. He estimates that the capacity is 10-12 "kids" per session (I had to remind him it was for kids of all ages).

He had a theory (you know how their theories go). He thinks 1 of 2 things. One, that they are testing the waters with only two class times to see the interest and may add more times at a later date. Or two, they will look to move the location to a larger site for more participants.

Personally, as this is complimentary, I don't see them adding any more times or moving to a larger location. Disney isn't making any money off of this so I'm surprised this is even an option. Idk. He suggested going to the DPB and writing comments regarding availability and hopefully they will do something. :confused3

10-12 people per sessions? No wonder I had no luck getting my party of 11 a spot :rotfl2:

I think my kids would have enjoyed it but oh well, not going to ruin our vacation ... and based on the pictures I am sure I can get some rice krispy treats and sweedish fish at home and make our own

10-12 people per sessions? No wonder I had no luck getting my party of 11 a spot :rotfl2:

I think my kids would have enjoyed it but oh well, not going to ruin our vacation ... and based on the pictures I am sure I can get some rice krispy treats and sweedish fish at home and make our own

I tried to book it for the first 3 days of F&W - any time - and no go. Blargh. I'm bummed, too, but (thankfully) didn't tell my 2 kids about it. So they won't know they are missing it, I hope!

I tried to book it for the first 3 days of F&W - any time - and no go. Blargh. I'm bummed, too, but (thankfully) didn't tell my 2 kids about it. So they won't know they are missing it, I hope!

I figure for the first days you also have all the bloggers and Disney fan website people trying to get in so they can post reviews and stuff - so i am sure that didn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter