2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you been able to book a last minute specialty event? im curious if there are any day of availabilities that we could possibly grab...

The little seminars in the festival center are pretty easy to get day of, especially if you go in the morning to get tickets. I booked one of the lunches a week before last year. I was on the fence about it and told myself if it was available, it was meant for me to go. It was, so I did. Some of the more popular ones like the ones in Italy book pretty fast.

The little seminars in the festival center are pretty easy to get day of, especially if you go in the morning to get tickets. I booked one of the lunches a week before last year. I was on the fence about it and told myself if it was available, it was meant for me to go. It was, so I did. Some of the more popular ones like the ones in Italy book pretty fast.
oh fantastic! im really excited to hear that! i think thats how we are going to approach it this fall! thanks!

This is our first Food and Wine Festival ( but regular Disney World trip folks) ...wow...I am so glad to have all this information here! Now I know how people feel when they are newcomers to planning a trip!!

WDW website updated - now includes 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Festival Center Happenings - Just noticed -maybe it's been there for a few weeks?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-center-events/
I think this is a new web page; just for everyone's info, for some reason, some links on the disboards and being redirected to a different website. Please copy and paste the links in your browser in order to bypass the website.

Just a tip from my experience last year with trying to purchase tickets for the beverage seminars and culinary demos on the same day they are scheduled. If you're told at the information booth in the Welcome Center that the event is sold out, don't take their word. Check for tickets on the WDW app or website. You might be surprised to find that tickets are still available.

Just a tip from my experience last year with trying to purchase tickets for the beverage seminars and culinary demos on the same day they are scheduled. If you're told at the information booth in the Welcome Center that the event is sold out, don't take their word. Check for tickets on the WDW app or website. You might be surprised to find that tickets are still available.

Good to know! Thank you!

Any advice on planning a weekend trip to food and wine fest in Sept?

We've been to F&W the past 2 years on our family trips, and have spent a good amount of time there during the weekdays - and the lines at the booths have always been very short. This year we are thinking of taking a weekend trip with friends just for f&w in addition to our family trip.

How are the booth lines comparable on weekends as opposed to weeknights? Any weekends to avoid? Any weekends better than others? I know it'll be very hot, and scattered storms - and we're ok with that.

We would plan on staying at the swan and dolphin.

I"m at the Dolphin 9/19-9/24 (got a great deal $79/night from Hotwire plus the OF COURSE tax and fees, couldn't resist).

First time at F&W, so definitely plan on trying to avoid Friday and Saturday nights!

Too bad brunch is sold out on Sunday, but that morning may be more fun to do the festival then hit another park.

Is anyone else not planning on actively avoiding the weekends?? We're there Thurs-Tues and plan on going to Epcot Thursday night (when we plan to do the bulk of our booth hopping), Saturday afternoon-night, possibly Sunday night and Monday night. I guess I feel prepared for crowds? And I like a lively atmosphere anyway!

Is anyone else not planning on actively avoiding the weekends?? We're there Thurs-Tues and plan on going to Epcot Thursday night (when we plan to do the bulk of our booth hopping), Saturday afternoon-night, possibly Sunday night and Monday night. I guess I feel prepared for crowds? And I like a lively atmosphere anyway!
I was planning on going on a Friday night.

If you are mentally prepared for it, it’s fine!

Then ROCK ON!

im also there a thursday-monday and plan to be there thursday and sat and sunday. thats how the ball bounces!

Totally avoiding Saturday this year and going to Animal Kingdom instead.

If you’re ready for it then you won’t mind the weekends.

The weekends aren't terrible if you're prepared for it! I usually get in early, take a break around 1-4pm, and then come back later. That way you avoid the crowds & hottest part of the day.

Where can I find the lunches on the WDW website? I'm missing them somehow.

I see the handy list on the first page of the thread. Not many are available during my dates, but do I need to call to reserve one if I decide to try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter