2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Ok Experts! I need you! Forgive me if this has already been asked. I researched a bit and didn't see this question anywhere.

Here is my question. I plan to book free dining when it comes out. I know I need to have park hopper tickets associated with the package to get free dining. My dilemma is that my daughter and I will be at WDW for all 7 days of our vacation but my college aged son will be joining us a day or two late and may be leaving a day early. Can his theme park hopper ticket be shorter (less days) than ours? Will that affect the free dining?
Everyone has to be on the same package for the same dates BUT good thing, whatever dining credits he is not there to use, anyone in the room can use them!!

So what is the chance that All Star Movies will be included in FD? Sorry if this has been asked already...I am new here!

:scared:Here it is Friday night and all I can do is refresh/refresh/refresh this page hoping for that rumor to become more solid:badpc:. If there was just a way to time travel and get this madness over! Like many of you, we've been watching this for months, waiting for that great news, and now it is so close but sooooooooo far away, and that great news is still uncertain rumors:crazy2:

So I missed it last year calling on the first day. What time does it start.

You'll have better luck doing it yourself online. The phone lines don't open until 7:00 a.m. and it will probably be live online for a few hours before that. Also, the phone lines get clogged VERY quickly, and you could be waiting for hours.

Hi, I’ve been following the dining for at least the last month. Am hoping for dining for mine and my sister’s reservations. But my change reservation button isn’t working. All it does is refresh the page. I’ve called Disney IT two days ago but nothing has been fixed so far. Does anyone have any tips? Really don’t want to have to make a new reservation and get charged for parking! Anybody else still having this problem? I’d done my best not to stress but we’re getting closer to the 23 or 24........

Hi, I’ve been following the dining for at least the last month. Am hoping for dining for mine and my sister’s reservations. But my change reservation button isn’t working. All it does is refresh the page. I’ve called Disney IT two days ago but nothing has been fixed so far. Does anyone have any tips? Really don’t want to have to make a new reservation and get charged for parking! Anybody else still having this problem? I’d done my best not to stress but we’re getting closer to the 23 or 24........
Try opening MyDsneyExperience in a different browser. Mine only refreshes if I’m in Safari but it works properly in Internet Explorer.

Yes I am still having the same issue! I think it started after my hubby linked our mnsshp tickets. I have given up on change. I plan on booking a new package when it drops. Out of curiosity do u have anything linked to your package?

Yes I am still having the same issue! I think it started after my hubby linked our mnsshp tickets. I have given up on change. I plan on booking a new package when it drops. Out of curiosity do u have anything linked to your package?

Mine doesn't work either and I don't have anything linked to it. I have cleared cache and cookies, started different browsers, entered Incognito, nothing works.

No, I don’t think I have anything linked to our package, but we have a trip coming up in June. The IT person suggested two trips booked at the same time can cause a few problems for the system. I’ve tried internet explorer, but I’ll try again tonight and see if google chrome would work. Thanks for the tips!!!

But my change reservation button isn’t working. All it does is refresh the page. I’ve called Disney IT two days ago but nothing has been fixed so far. Does anyone have any tips? Really don’t want to have to make a new reservation and get charged for parking!

When you modify the reservation, it'll make a new booking for free dining. I believe you'll be charged for parking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it works that way for other changes, so I assume it works that way for parking.

So what is the chance that All Star Movies will be included in FD? Sorry if this has been asked already...I am new here!
Rumor has it that All Star Movies WILL be included this year. I’m guessing that has something to do with the fact that it will be under construction during the whole free dining period.

Rumor has it that All Star Movies WILL be included this year. I’m guessing that has something to do with the fact that it will be under construction during the whole free dining period.

If I do a split stay 2 days RO, then 9 days w/9 days of tix (to pick up free dining for the 9 days) would I be able to...

1) Use the dining credits from the 9 day during the 2 day stay? (I'm guessing no way)
2) Use the tix from the 9 day stay during the 2 day stay?
3) Use the Memory Maker from the 9 day stay during the 2 day stay?

Thanks!

Last edited:
When you modify the reservation, it'll make a new booking for free dining. I believe you'll be charged for parking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it works that way for other changes, so I assume it works that way for parking.
You are not supposed to be charged for parking if you've made the original reservation before March 21st and you need to modify it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter