2018 Princess Half Marathon

My PF has greatly subsided. When it was worse, I had to sleep with the boot on. One thing my doctor told me to do was gently massage my feet before getting out of bed and that did seem to help. When I massaged the feet before putting any weight on them I wouldn't experience that pulling or ripping type of pain when stepping down.

I also used ktape when running longer distances.

Thanks so much for your input! I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I apologize for the late response. So good to hear that your PF is doing well - did you rest for a while, or just keep running? I haven't been able to really train at all yet, and I'm getting nervous. The podiatrist said she could give me a steroid shot and that should help, but that makes me a little nervous....

I’d love some input!

I missed the 8 mile and 7 mile (with magic mile) runs from the Galloway Fairy Tale Challenge training plan. I was sick for the 7 mile and I can’t remember what happened with the 8 mile. I did the 4 mile with MM today (bc I’m donating blood tomorrow and knew I couldn’t run after that lol).

Next weekend will be the back to back runs, with Sunday at 9.5 miles.

And I wonder...do I bother finding times to do the 8 and 7 mile runs? When? Do I drop them and just move forward? Perhaps add in more short runs during the week (on top of Galloway’s two short weekday runs) to make sure I at least have some extra conditioning?

I’ve done multiple halfs and challenges since January 2014, though none have been fabulously successful due to injuries and lack of training (and the plague that hit me for that first half). So this is sort of new. I’ve either fully and perfectly trained (TOT 2013 and some local 10ks around that time) or I’ve just made it up as I showed up at the start, just sort of willed myself to finish.

Does anyone have any thoughts? What would YOU do?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s thoughts on this.

I’d love some input!

I missed the 8 mile and 7 mile (with magic mile) runs from the Galloway Fairy Tale Challenge training plan. I was sick for the 7 mile and I can’t remember what happened with the 8 mile. I did the 4 mile with MM today (bc I’m donating blood tomorrow and knew I couldn’t run after that lol).

And I wonder...do I bother finding times to do the 8 and 7 mile runs? When? Do I drop them and just move forward? Perhaps add in more short runs during the week (on top of Galloway’s two short weekday runs) to make sure I at least have some extra conditioning?

I’ve done multiple halfs and challenges since January 2014, though none have been fabulously successful due to injuries and lack of training (and the plague that hit me for that first half). So this is sort of new. I’ve either fully and perfectly trained (TOT 2013 and some local 10ks around that time) or I’ve just made it up as I showed up at the start, just sort of willed myself to finish.

If it were me I would not attempt to make up the missed runs. Princess is still two months out and there is plenty of time for conditioning. Putting some extra hard runs in to try to make up for lost ones would probably increase your risk of injury.

If it were me I'd just keep moving forward with the plan as scheduled.

Thanks so much for your input! I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I apologize for the late response. So good to hear that your PF is doing well - did you rest for a while, or just keep running? I haven't been able to really train at all yet, and I'm getting nervous. The podiatrist said she could give me a steroid shot and that should help, but that makes me a little nervous....
My pain wasn't so bad that it prevented me from running. I took off about two weeks I think. That was over a year ago. The improvement has been very gradual as I've worked a lot of slower running into my routine. I think that the PF is usually caused by a combination of things including my previous poor form and pushing myself too fast too much. Following my @DopeyBadger plan has helped me focus on those things more and as a result....which I wasn't expecting...my feet are much better.

Fastpass day for me today, anyone else? I got everything I wanted including FoP. 60 more days!

Yes, and I forgot! :crazy2: I had a reminder on my phone yesterday that FP day was today, and I accidentally dismissed it instead of re-setting it for this morning. I realized around 7:30 that I should've been making FPs...oops! I was able to get FOP for later in the trip, so yay! :santa:
My sister won't be doing the parks for this trip, so it's a little difficult for me to try to figure out when the best time will be for me to pop into the parks.

I am beyond excited about the medals! I need to get back to training properly. My ankles have been consistently sore after longer runs ever since W&D. Still trying to figure out what is going on there.

If it were me I would not attempt to make up the missed runs. Princess is still two months out and there is plenty of time for conditioning. Putting some extra hard runs in to try to make up for lost ones would probably increase your risk of injury.

If it were me I'd just keep moving forward with the plan as scheduled.

Thank you. You make it sound so logical. :) I appreciate your reply!!!

I need to get back to training properly. My ankles have been consistently sore after longer runs ever since W&D. Still trying to figure out what is going on there.

Do you need new shoes?

Hello, everyone! I'm just joining this conversation today and I'm super excited for the half. I look forward to helping cheer each other on in these last two months. Quick question: do the on-course photos come through on PhotoPass? Or is it still from an outside company? How about the ones they take after the finish line?

Thanks, and I hope all of you have a happy holiday season!

I’d love some input!

How long was your last long run? I don't think I'd jump all the way to 9.5 from something less than 7. I'd do a distance somewhere in the middle instead and build from there. I think the Galloway plan has you going to 14, but if you make it to 12 that's plenty so I'd make that my goal instead.

I had a stomach virus this week so that's two more runs I missed. On the plus side I lost 5 pounds, lol. Planning to run tomorrow for the first time after being sick (after doing my FPs!) and hoping it goes well!

So excited about the medals, but kind of wishing I was getting the 5K one too.

Hello, everyone! I'm just joining this conversation today and I'm super excited for the half. I look forward to helping cheer each other on in these last two months. Quick question: do the on-course photos come through on PhotoPass? Or is it still from an outside company? How about the ones they take after the finish line?

Thanks, and I hope all of you have a happy holiday season!
PhotoPass/Memory Maker. You can add up to 5 bibs per race to your Memory Maker. :)

How long was your last long run? I don't think I'd jump all the way to 9.5 from something less than 7. I'd do a distance somewhere in the middle instead and build from there. I think the Galloway plan has you going to 14, but if you make it to 12 that's plenty so I'd make that my goal instead.

Good point. I think it was the 6.5 miler.

And that’s a good point about not having to go as long as Galloway’s plan takes us. I do like going beyond, but of course many plans don’t do that and it works just fine.

Thank you as well!!!

Anyone else wake up this morning to make FP+ reservations only to find no times for Flight of Passage for Thursday-Monday morning? Frustrating, especially after just receiving my "Disney Destinations Early Access Benefit" email telling me I should try Flight of Passage. :(

Anyone else wake up this morning to make FP+ reservations only to find no times for Flight of Passage for Thursday-Monday morning? Frustrating, especially after just receiving my "Disney Destinations Early Access Benefit" email telling me I should try Flight of Passage. :(

I got that email like 4 hours after I'd booked my FPs :sad2: and I do feel bad for everyone who has a short trip and can't get FOP. (I'm there 8 days so I just booked later in the trip.) This is worse than when 7DMT opened... I was able to get like 2-3 of those. Keep checking back to see if you can add??

I got that email like 4 hours after I'd booked my FPs :sad2: and I do feel bad for everyone who has a short trip and can't get FOP. (I'm there 8 days so I just booked later in the trip.) This is worse than when 7DMT opened... I was able to get like 2-3 of those. Keep checking back to see if you can add??
I will definitely keep checking back, but so disappointing. I wonder how long it's going to take to normalize.

We were able to get 3 FP’s for FOP at 6:00 Saturday night. That will be the last thing we do before heading in to rest for the half.

Was happily surprised to be able to get FOP for Sunday and Monday evening. If you are up this morning may be worth it to recheck.

I was able to get them for Monday. I would imagine they're going to extend the hours though, so maybe the day they do that more times will open up?? Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter